Retro, 2WD and 4WD
lordy4516
Getting started
Getting started
Name: tom 'bieber' lord
Car: s2 hb tcx

extending the day !

Post by lordy4516 »

Racing at silverstone with 5 qualifiers and a final had many members who attended the meeting interested. Jon-seals was thinking somewhere along the line of 4 qualifiers(as usual) and two finals. However things would have to change around the timing. views ?????? :D
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

Re: extending the day !

Post by Wacker2 »

I personally think doing 4 Q's and 2 F's is a far fairer way of doing it.

It works with Touring cars indoors and so I see no reason why it wouldn't work with buggy's outdoor.

If timing is an issue, I beleive it better to start an hour earlier and finish at the same time as we do now. Shouldn't really cause people issues as we start very late in relation to all other clubs out there.

Start booking in at 11am with the intention of starting first race at 12pm (instead of the usual 1pm).
wackyracer
Getting started
Getting started
Name: craig gibson

Post by wackyracer »

Yeah i think startin at 11.30 4 rounds plus 2 finels wud be awsome way to do it :D
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Darren Lee

Post by DazLee »

Is that a definite thing then.....we start early?

Or is it just an idea at the minute?

I think the best option would be to raise it at racing on Saturday . A lot of people don't visit the forum and may turn up at normal time only to find that they have missed the start of the meeting.

Thanks
Daz
Wacker2

Post by Wacker2 »

just putting it out for discussion at this point Daz
Ben Cosgrove
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Ben Cosgrove »

Starting at 11.30 means you need to open booking in at 10.30 and start building track from 10.

3 rounds and 2 finals it what is used indoors. 5 races in total through the day.

Off Road format is 4 Quals and then 1 final (3 in A final) for nationals and regionals.
HPI/Hot Bodies/Maverick/Merlin/Optifuel/GM/Muchmore UK/CustomBlitz/Hudy
keithm
Average Member
Average Member
Name: Keith Marson
Car: superstock,BMax2+4

Post by keithm »

Whilst i like the idea of extra racing,given the fact we have trouble getting people down to help set up now,starting earlier could end up with even less,We would need solid commitment from all to get down to the track and get set up for this to work.I also think we need to consider all the members that have to work on Sat mornings and one of our unique points is that people can go to work and still be able to get to racing with our present start and finish times.Maybe we could look at a later finish time (as it is supposed to be summer)rather than a earlier start. :?:
Keith.
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

As the Hinckley Club is part of the 'Mid-West' OffRoad Regional Championships(RD4 at HRCCC on Sunday 8th July), we really need to follow the General Rule that this Series, National Events & all other OffRoad Buggy Clubs abide by.
Whether your a just a Relaxed Club Racer having Fun, a Semi-Competitive Regional Racer or a Serious National Driver, its nice for our Club to follow the same Basic Rules as any other Larger Scale Event, giving everyone the true essence of Racing & Preparing them for Racing elsewhere in the Future!

As already previously mentioned by Ben, the Basic Format for OffRoad Buggy Racing is :

4 Rounds of Qualifying, with your Best 2 to Count!

I think that this Format generally makes Racers think more Tactically & Drive more Sensibly, to get 2 Good Runs in.........therefore Improves their Overall Driving Standard & gets them into the Mode of how the Majority of other Buggy Competitions work!

I've only stressed the Above, as we're talking about Adding a 2nd Leg to each of the Finals at Hinckleys Club Meeting each week.
Initially, it sounds like a good idea........but I honestly dont think that its Practical to have anymore than 5 Races in Total per Meeting!
Like Keith has said, some of the Guys have to Work in the Mornings before the Club Meetings, so its impossible for them to be down there before 11am, to Help Build the Track. Some of the Racers also have to Travel a fair old Distance, so its not suitable for them to get there any Earlier than the usual time either!
As far as Extending the Finish Time to Include the Extra Finals, I dont think that would work either, as we dont Finish til nearly 6.30pm as it is! Remember its a Saturday & I'm sure that many have other Important things to do in their Evening time!

I think that the 4 Qualifying Rounds & a Final work Perfectly as it is & it has'nt given anyone any Issues in the past 2-3years that our Club has been using this Format!

The only other Compromise I can think of would be to have 4x Five Minute Qualifying Rounds, followed by a Six Minute Final for each??
I know that the Coventry Club has Adopted this Format for their Summer Club Meetings, over the past year or so..........which I have to say has worked great!

Only an Idea!! :D
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Hi All,

All very interesting and having thought about all the comments I agree that 4 rounds of Q followed by 1 final is correct. I also think an earlier start is a good idea as many in summer would like to finish to get home for BBQ's etc.

I think if you look to start racing at 12.30 ish with a firm commitment from the drivers to come early and set up. I see a handful of people supporting the masses which is always the case with HRCCC. We need to simply ask people to help a little bit and then the whole meeting is much better.

Sorry I have not been around for a few weeks. Subject to weather I should be their Saturday for a race.

Regards

Dale
Wacker2

Post by Wacker2 »

Wacker1 wrote: As the Hinckley Club is part of the 'Mid-West' OffRoad Regional Championships(RD4 at HRCCC on Sunday 8th July), we really need to follow the General Rule that this Series, National Events & all other OffRoad Buggy Clubs abide by.
So 3 legged A finals and no TR32's???
Ben Cosgrove
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Ben Cosgrove »

Jon you normally go home by the finals anyway so why do you want to extend the day? :D

Just stay the full day and you'll get more races....simples!
HPI/Hot Bodies/Maverick/Merlin/Optifuel/GM/Muchmore UK/CustomBlitz/Hudy
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Darren Lee

Post by DazLee »

Jon,

For once......and it pains me to say this, I agree with you.
Well, partly anyway!!!
The 3 legged 'A' final thing is now, has always been and always be a stupid / unfair idea!
It should be scrapped everywhere!
And I did make a couple of 'A' finals last time I did regionals so its not because im jealous or bitter or any other words you may choose to use!

I do agree with you on the TR32's thing though. I dont have any and dont wish to buy any as they are not legal anywhere......and it is unfair for those that do have them to gain an advantage by using them!

We should run to BRCA rules, or as close to BRCA rules as we can without getting silly and turning people away!!
After all, we are a BRCA affiliated club!!

This has clearly not been a good day for me because I find myself agreeing with you also Ben..!!!

Jon, As Ben said!

Thanks
Daz
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

The '3' Legged 'A' Final concept has been around for years & years in OffRoad Racing.

Whether you make an 'A' Final or not, its a nice feeling to be in the mix with the Top Guys..........even if you have'nt quite made it & your just Marshall or Spectator!

Its always enjoyable to Watch the Top 10 Battle it out in each of the 3 Legs, to see who comes out Top Dog! 8)

As we're just talking about our Club Meetings each week, the 3 Legged 'A' Final idea is erelevant & not possible/suitable anyway!

As we're just talking about Racing at our Club Meetings each Saturday, Rules from Bigger Events like Controlled Tyres, 7 Second Penalties for Late Marshalling etc, are'nt neccessary..........just like our Relaxed Indoor Meetings!
People just want to Race whatever Tyres they have on their Car or in their PitBox.........at the end of the day, its just a Club Meeting!
The Schumacher Full Spike Tyre is the Equivelant Wet Tyre to the older TR32, which is still readily Available in shops + I know that a handful of Hinckley Racers occassionally use them, when the Conditions of the Grass are quite Wet!
I'm sure that the HRCCC Members & other Racers that come to our Club, just want to Charge their Batteries & have some Fun Racing for the day!
wackyracer
Getting started
Getting started
Name: craig gibson

Post by wackyracer »

To be fair banning tr32s aint the way we are at a club meetin and u can still get hold off tr32s anyway .N with reguards i think defo a gd idea wud be to start at 12 set track up 10.30 n do 4 round then 2 finels :) n we also need to look at champioship 12 weeks is to many to count think we shud go down to 10. cause meetins are gettin cancelled :)
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Forecast for tomorrow is not looking too bad I hear and I am planning to race. Anyone hear any different?