Retro, 2WD and 4WD
Webmaster
The website guy
Name: Ben McQueen
Car: Xray T2 09

Championship rounds

Post by Webmaster »

Hi all,

I've got a draft race calendar here (yes, finally) that reflects us racing every week - http://hinckleyrccc.co.uk/index.php?page=datesdraft

I've split the championship in half but to be honest, I think it could go either way. A long one or two short ones and they're, of course, vulnerable to the weather too.

In short, do we want one 9 round, championship and an 8 round championship or one long 17 round championship? We could probably stick some non-scoring meetings for fun in the latter?

What d'you think?
Eddystone
Name: Richard Dobson
Car: Tamiya TA05v2IFS

Re: Championship rounds

Post by Eddystone »

Personally I think stick with one long championship. Most people will be missing a number of rounds over the season due to holidays / weddings / etc etc and there's also the likelihood of meetings being cancelled due to poor weather. One long season gives more flexibility. Then there's also the benefit of not wasting club funds doubling up on the cost of tacky trophies by artificially splitting the season. I'm not sure I can see a good reason to split the season - but that's just my view. What do others think?
Fludey
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Paul Flude
Car: Losi22, V Dezign5.1

Post by Fludey »

So 17 in total how about drop worse 5 rounds so 12 to count?

As said above I know I will miss 2 through holiday and 1 for a wedding and another for Great North Charity Bike Ride. :roll:

So rather than specific fun days just have 5 rounds not to count be it a bad week or a missed week, that way makes it more flexible for everyone to meet the requirement for a championship of 12 out of 17 rounds.
Losi 22. V Dezign 1/12th 5.1
Let's Race :)
OMarston
Name: Oliver

Post by OMarston »

Run 17 rounds and I agree with Paul make 12 to count.
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

1 Summer Buggy Championship consisting of 17 Rounds, with your best 12 to Count, definately sounds like the best bet to me! 8)

I will be there this Saturday(19th May) - really looking forward to it already!
wackyracer
Getting started
Getting started
Name: craig gibson

Post by wackyracer »

I think we shud run same dates n have 8 rounds to count to be fair cause already not had gd start cause off how many meetins got cancelled ?
Webmaster
The website guy

Post by Webmaster »

wackyracer wrote:I think we shud run same dates n have 8 rounds to count to be fair cause already not had gd start cause off how many meetins got cancelled ?
It's already been taken into account. If we'd ran the 3 that we'd cancelled, it'd be 20 rounds.
Webmaster
The website guy

Post by Webmaster »

Seems that the general consensus is that we do 17 rounds with 12 to count so I've updated the dates page.
Sorry for the delay - exams and coursework have kept me busy :study

The championship will be updated with the next load of results. I'm back in Leicestershire so I'll be able to collect the results this Saturday.