Retro, 2WD and 4WD
Fludey
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Paul Flude
Car: Losi22, V Dezign5.1

Saturday 12th

Post by Fludey »

Is there any racing on this Saturday at Hinckley? Just wondering to put car back together ready?
Losi 22. V Dezign 1/12th 5.1
Let's Race :)
Webmaster
The website guy
Name: Ben McQueen
Car: Xray T2 09

Re: Saturday 12th

Post by Webmaster »

Yep, providing that everything looks ok to go ahead.

http://hinckleyrccc.co.uk/index.php?pag ... f=8&t=1505

I haven't yet updated the dates page.
Fludey
Getting started
Getting started

Post by Fludey »

Cool hope to see ya there then, sunshine permitting. :)
BazzerH
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Barry Hearn
Car: MI4CX cougarSV GT14B

Post by BazzerH »

Met office forecasting little or no rain up to including Saturday, temps in the teens and a nice wind to dry the ground it might be looking good for Saturday. Hopefully the word will get round about the meet as it wasn't on the original calendar!

Keeping fingers crossed anyway
Fludey
Getting started
Getting started

Post by Fludey »

Or maybe it could be put on oople, Facebook and the home pages by someone?
Fludey
Getting started
Getting started

Post by Fludey »

Only few miles away from track but sun is shinning and according to weather here all weekend, so let hope grass is ok to race on tomorrow.
Hurry up mr postman need my bits to build car back up :)
keithm
Average Member
Average Member
Name: Keith Marson
Car: superstock,BMax2+4

Post by keithm »

I to only live a couple of miles away and it was sunny untill 1/2 ago.Now it is cloudy and raining.Hopefully it wont last long and the sun comes back out.Does not look like it though. :(
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Darren Lee

Post by DazLee »

Hi all,

I live only about half a mile from the track and actually drive past the track on my way home from work.

I will pop in on my way home this evening and have a look at how the track is getting on and update people on here. I know the official decision is agreed for Saturday Morning but if I let you know what its like tonight it gives people chance to make a decision a bit earlier. :D

Just a quick question..........Looking for opinions really
With the weather the way it has been, and how it usually is in this country, does anyone feel that eventually we are just going to have to race whether the ground is wet or dry??? (MY opinion is we have just got to race and accept the consequences)
Otherwise, we will end up in a position where we have lovely lush green grass to visit or drive past when we are back indoors racing touring and Mardave!!!!
So, if the ground is a little soggy or even soaked...........what is the issue?? The traction zones get worn and the track becomes rutted...............Well, that just means once the grass has worn you have to be more careful on the power (More driving skill required) and we dont have to unload and use the stupid rumble strip!!!!

Isnt offroad supposed to be bumpy??
All the other 'artificial' astroturf tracks in the country have gone to great lengths to give sections of the track a rutted feel..........where is the problem???

As I said, only opinions and from a flat track racer............

Thanks
Daz
keithm
Average Member
Average Member

Post by keithm »

Been down and the track is a lot firmer than last week.1 section is still alittle boggy but we can work around it.The grass will need cutting and i think it will take about an hour to do.If we can get some members down to the track about 10am,cut the grass early it will give it a bit more time to dry out before racing starts at 1pm.I will go down if at least 4 others put their names forward and turn up.Any 1 wishing to help please put your names on the forum and i will check tonight when i get in from work and if there are enough people i will be there,if no names come up then i shall stay at home and turn up later.Let me know.Cheers Keith. :D
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Darren Lee

Post by DazLee »

Hi Keith,

Would it not be a better idea to try to cut the grass today / this evening?
It would save all the messing about in the morning and gives the grass even more time to dry.

Also, if you have the unlikely event that the mower packs up, or there is a problem, there is always tomorrow morning to fall back on.
You may find light rain in the morning and the grass is wet......more difficult to cut.

I should be able to pop in later but may be struggling with arriving early tomorrow morning.
Is there mains power as I will bring my Flymo Hover........speed things up a little and get a closer cut without damaging the grass.

Thanks
Daz
keithm
Average Member
Average Member

Post by keithm »

So where are all offers of help.Plenty of moaning when we dont race but when we can and need some help every body stays silent.