MEETIN ON 5TH MAY Y CANCEL IT I THINK WE SHOULD RACE!!

Retro, 2WD and 4WD
Ian_Smith
Committee
Committee
Name: Ian Smith
Car: Schumacher Mi4LP

Re: MEETIN ON 5TH MAY Y CANCEL IT I THINK WE SHOULD RACE

Post by Ian_Smith »

All,

I know that I don't race off-road, and I also realise that all of you who do are very keen to get the season underway.

However I think that everyone should be mindful that it is not just the condition of the racing surface that has to be considered when a decision to cancel or not is made. We as a club / committee have also to consider the safety element, wet grass is slippery (as would be the rostrum) and I don't think that anyone would thank us if they slipped and severely hurt themselves whilst on the rostrum when racing or while marshalling. (I can remember running the line at a football match years ago (in football boots) and slipped and landed badly on my back and had to have a couple of days off work as a result!)

Similarly, I read on here that people have complained because a meeting has been called off too early, and also complained that it has been called off too late (presumably by those who have a distance to travel). Please try to be patient and understanding, those making the decisions are just as disappointed as you!

Ian
Schumacher Mi4LP / Hobbywing Justock / Speed Passion V3.0 17.5
"Speed is nothing without Control" - wish I had just one of 'em! :-)