MEETIN ON 5TH MAY Y CANCEL IT I THINK WE SHOULD RACE!!

Retro, 2WD and 4WD
wackyracer
Getting started
Getting started
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:44 pm
Name: craig gibson

MEETIN ON 5TH MAY Y CANCEL IT I THINK WE SHOULD RACE!!

Post by wackyracer » Sat May 05, 2012 12:01 am

I Personelly think we should run tommrows meetin weather forecast is dry we cant keep cancelling the meetins all time !
The last few meetins i think the grounds raceable last week it defo was :(

weather forecast tommrow

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... ce=message

User avatar
dogpinkscot
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:50 pm
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Re: MEETIN ON 5TH MAY Y CANCEL IT I THINK WE SHOULD RACE

Post by dogpinkscot » Sat May 05, 2012 8:02 am

Racing would be nice today we have a new buggy to try out

Fludey
Getting started
Getting started
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:43 pm
Name: Paul Flude
Car: Losi22, V Dezign5.1
Location: Mkt Harborough

Re: MEETIN ON 5TH MAY Y CANCEL IT I THINK WE SHOULD RACE

Post by Fludey » Sat May 05, 2012 8:04 am

I look out my window and thought it might be on as nothing but blue sky and sunshine (I'm only about 15miles away) but read its cancelled.....again :doh :roll: :cry:

Oh well looks like a long drive to Eastwood tomorrow for racing as desperate to try out new car.

Anyone know if any racing on else where today, tomorrow that's bit more local?
Losi 22. V Dezign 1/12th 5.1
Let's Race :)

User avatar
craig nutting
Average Member
Average Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:06 pm
Name: crag nutting
Car: cat k1

Re: MEETIN ON 5TH MAY Y CANCEL IT I THINK WE SHOULD RACE

Post by craig nutting » Sat May 05, 2012 9:04 am

run the meeting grass grows back if not im of to cov for some testing coz u can run on there track all year round

User avatar
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:28 pm
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA
Location: Hinckley

Re: MEETIN ON 5TH MAY Y CANCEL IT I THINK WE SHOULD RACE

Post by Wacker1 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:17 am

We definately should have Raced Today Guys!

I popped down to the Venue yesterday early Evening & the Ground looked fine to me!

The Weather also seems really good Today, with the Sun out & all that.........that would have helped Dry it up evenmore, by the Time we Started Racing on it around 1pm!

Yes, you have to be a Member to Practice at the Coventry Club.........which is £30! :shock:
Last edited by Wacker1 on Sat May 05, 2012 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fludey
Getting started
Getting started
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:43 pm
Name: Paul Flude
Car: Losi22, V Dezign5.1
Location: Mkt Harborough

Re: MEETIN ON 5TH MAY Y CANCEL IT I THINK WE SHOULD RACE

Post by Fludey » Sat May 05, 2012 9:19 am

It's not too late me n Oli can still make it!

Do you have to be member at Cov to use track or can you just pay to practice?
Losi 22. V Dezign 1/12th 5.1
Let's Race :)

OMarston
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:52 am
Name: Oliver

Re: MEETIN ON 5TH MAY Y CANCEL IT I THINK WE SHOULD RACE

Post by OMarston » Sat May 05, 2012 9:25 am

I can still make it!

BazzerH
Getting started
Getting started
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:30 am
Name: Barry Hearn
Car: MI4CX cougarSV GT14B

Re: MEETIN ON 5TH MAY Y CANCEL IT I THINK WE SHOULD RACE

Post by BazzerH » Sat May 05, 2012 9:36 am

Has it been officially cancelled or are we still waiting for a Saturday morning decision?

Martyn
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:53 pm
Name: Martyn Ross
Car: XRAY T4 14

Re: MEETIN ON 5TH MAY Y CANCEL IT I THINK WE SHOULD RACE

Post by Martyn » Sat May 05, 2012 9:38 am

Yes the grass does grow back! But it's the ground underneath that needs protecting, we seen how rutted the the track became last season, for the sake of one meeting, you need to consider the impact on the rest of the season. Their is still four months of racing a head :D

Race if the ground is firm, if boggy and soft, then it should be cancelled.

Martyn

Martyn
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:53 pm
Name: Martyn Ross
Car: XRAY T4 14

Re: MEETIN ON 5TH MAY Y CANCEL IT I THINK WE SHOULD RACE

Post by Martyn » Sat May 05, 2012 9:41 am

joker wrote:run the meeting grass grows back if not im of to cov for some testing coz u can run on there track all year round
Well Hinckley doesn't run off road all year round, so that that works out well for you then Craig :shock:

Fludey
Getting started
Getting started
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:43 pm
Name: Paul Flude
Car: Losi22, V Dezign5.1
Location: Mkt Harborough

Re: MEETIN ON 5TH MAY Y CANCEL IT I THINK WE SHOULD RACE

Post by Fludey » Sat May 05, 2012 9:45 am

So is it officially cancelled then?
Losi 22. V Dezign 1/12th 5.1
Let's Race :)

dawesy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:14 pm
Name: michael dawes

Re: MEETIN ON 5TH MAY Y CANCEL IT I THINK WE SHOULD RACE

Post by dawesy » Sat May 05, 2012 9:47 am

looks like there is lots of intrest is there any chance of movement on the cancelasion

User avatar
Wacker2
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:10 pm
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22
Location: Earl Shilton

Re: MEETIN ON 5TH MAY Y CANCEL IT I THINK WE SHOULD RACE

Post by Wacker2 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:59 am

well its 9.52am and only keith, Mark, Gibbo and myself have turned up to assess the situation to see if a meeting can be run.

I'm afraid to say that although the track has improved marginally from yesterday it is still way too boggy to race on.

Therefore I can confirm 100% that the meeting is off - NO RACING TODAY!

We all want to race - us 4 wouldn't have got up and out of bed early and driven down to the track if we didn't want to race ourself... if it were possible to race we would have made it happen.

Its not just about the ground - although that does play a large part in the decision making process. We also have to think of people equipment as these sort of conditions are not suited to 1/10th scale buggy racing. Another big factor is the safety issues - we cannot have Marshalls running across the track as they are likely to slip over and hurt themselves.

Fingers crossed we will be racing next week. Hopefully see you all soon, Jon. :D

keithm
Average Member
Average Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:13 am
Name: Keith Marson
Car: superstock,BMax2+4
Location: Burbage

Re: MEETIN ON 5TH MAY Y CANCEL IT I THINK WE SHOULD RACE

Post by keithm » Sat May 05, 2012 2:16 pm

Great weather for racing on already soaking wet grass.Looks like the decision to cancell was correct.

User avatar
craig nutting
Average Member
Average Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:06 pm
Name: crag nutting
Car: cat k1

Re: MEETIN ON 5TH MAY Y CANCEL IT I THINK WE SHOULD RACE

Post by craig nutting » Sat May 05, 2012 5:31 pm

last nite it was put on the forum that the meeting today was canceled yet the three people that did that went down the track today to see if we could run the meeting!? the reason only three people turned up was cuz we were told that the meeting was canceled whats the point in saying one thing then doing another!
the ground will only get rutted if the ground is bone dry not when its wet, if its looked after the ground and grass will last week in week out! it just takes the buggie comity to sort this out.

this is the last thing i will say and do for this club!

Post Reply