Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Re: HINCKLEY CLUBS BUGGY MEETING THIS SATURDAY - 28TH APRIL

Post by Hail Ming »

Hi chaps,

If the forecast for Saturday is dry, could someone, who lives close to the track, pop down tomorrow night and make an assessment then feed back on the forum? That would give us the opportunity to decide if the racing should go ahead.

Cheers

James
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Without wishing to tempt fate it appears Saturday is clear and dry. I think this is looking promising so as I shall be making my massive comeback I expect a good turn out and some positive support and help.

NOW HRCCC LETS GET OUR BUGGY SEASON UNDERWAY.....
:D
Martyn
Name: Martyn Ross
Car: XRAY T4 14

Post by Martyn »

Yeah don't tempt fate Dale, though i have heard JB is so keen, he's been seen busting some moves in what can only be described as an attempted sun dance. As he so eager to defend his "Mr Hinckley" title :lol:

Great news to hear your coming back Dale. I will be over Saturday weather permitting, though not racing. Will be happy to lend a hand to get our season under way :D .

Hope to see you all Saturday.

Martyn
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

When I Drove Past the Rugby Club earlier, I'm sure that I saw Jb already there...........doing some Electric-Boogaloo on the Rostrum, in Preparation for Racing on Saturday! :lol:

I've also heard that the Weather is meant to be pretty good for this Weekend, so desperate to get my Buggy out for a Blast! 8)

During the course of this Saturdays Meeting, I'll be about taking Photos of the Track, Rostrum, Racing etc, so I can then Post my usual Race Report on the HRCCC Forum/Oople/Coventry Club Forum, to Promote our Summer Buggy Series & show other potential Racers how great our Club/Venue is!

See you all on Saturday - 5TH MAY
wackyracer
Getting started
Getting started
Name: craig gibson

Post by wackyracer »

lets make sat all systems go guys i will be there sat n will take some picture n will upload them to facebook group also as well i reckon we shud maybe run dboot champship 3 meetins as i think dboot went well last year cu all saturday :D
Fludey
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Paul Flude
Car: Losi22, V Dezign5.1

Post by Fludey »

Is it on? Go on you know you want to :) Should be light shower today and dry Saturday, I remember racing touring cars in the snow at Bedworth so bit of wet won't hurt :)
Losi 22. V Dezign 1/12th 5.1
Let's Race :)
keithm
Average Member
Average Member
Name: Keith Marson
Car: superstock,BMax2+4

Post by keithm »

I all I have just been down to the club to take a look at the grass and it is very wet under foot.You can hear the water squealching as you walk.I was there for 10 mins walking the grass and my trainers and soaks were wet through when i left.The forcast for tomorrow is for some showers in the afternoon,but my thoughts are it will need a good couple of days for the track to dry out enough to race on.No doubt others will have a different view so if anybody else would like to go down do so and give your view on the forum.Keith.
I can be down at the club at 9.30 Sat so if as many members want to come down to make a decision please do so i believe J.B will be there as well.Keith.
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Hail Ming »

Nice one Keith.

Cheers

James
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

I can also Plan to get down to the Track for around 9.30am Tomorrow! 8)

It would be good if as many Local HRCCC Buggy Racers could also join us down there Tomorrow morning, to listen to their Opinions on whether they think that the Track is Dry enough/Suitable to Race on, so we can make a Final Decision asap, which one of us can then Post on the Website/Forum around 10am, so the Racers Travelling a Distance, know where they stand!

I'm sure as its a Bank Holiday Weekend & having an extra day spare, plenty of you out there are desperate for a Club Meeting to go ahead Tomorrow.......I know I am!
Webmaster
The website guy
Name: Ben McQueen
Car: Xray T2 09

Post by Webmaster »

Mark Stevens has informed me that it's cancelled tomorrow because the ground is soft and boggy. Is this a final decision?
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Hail Ming »

As much as I'd love to race tomorrow, if the surface is too boggy then I'll be giving it a miss. Thanks Keith and Mark for assessing the track and (Ben included) for communicating this on the forum. I'm sure others will also be thankful for the timely communication.

Better luck next week...

James
craig nutting
Average Member
Average Member
Name: crag nutting
Car: cat k1

Post by craig nutting »

how many people out there are as annoyed as i am?

i will repeat myself, this club is run by members NOT individuals!!!!!
OMarston
Name: Oliver

Post by OMarston »

Hi all

First post!

Tomorrow will be quite sunny with no rain, rain will ease tonight.
Not sure how the surface water from all the rain we've had will affect the grass, depends how quick it drains down.

We always used to race on wet grass in the old days!
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

Post by Wacker2 »

I too took a wonder down to the track today around 3 oclock ish and I've gotta say it doesn't look good... as Keith has already mentioned the ground is incredibly boggy under foot.

People must realise that previous meetings have been called off because of wet weather... tomorrow's weather looks dry and bright but unfortunately we are still dealing with the aftermath of the last 2 weeks of crappy weather.

As Dale rightly pointed out we are a grass track and have no intention of becoming 'sheep' clubs and changing to an astroturf track - its what makes us unique and appealling to a lot of our regular drivers. Luckily we did not have this issue last year as the weather was freakishly good in 2011.

Rest assured this weather will improve and we will be back to full strength before long - Once we're all up and racing, these initial negative things and bad weeks of not racing will be a distant memory :n1

I know the impression that most are getting is that the meeting tomorrow (Saturday 5th May) will be cancelled. Keith, Dean and myself will certainly aim to be at the club venue for 9.30am tomorrow morning to make a final decision - and I personally promise that there will be a post updated on this forum confirming 'yay' or 'nay'.

I have the laptop and printer, and have installed everything correctly and made sure all is working correctly so as to not cause any problems on race day. As Dale mentioned in one of his previous threads I will be getting more involved with race control - however, at the minute, I have no idea how to set the laptop up to get a meeting under way. Therefore I am relying on somebody being there that does know what they are doing to show me the ropes.

Thanks, JB
Fludey
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Paul Flude
Car: Losi22, V Dezign5.1

Post by Fludey »

I with you Oliver I have green mini pins at the ready for just such conditions, if it's not wet enough for my RC Boat then it's fine for my buggy! :D

Will await the report in the morning which may or not result in a frenzy of getting everything ready :shock:
Losi 22. V Dezign 1/12th 5.1
Let's Race :)