Retro, 2WD and 4WD
JezT
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Jez Thorpe

Re: HINCKLEY CLUBS BUGGY MEETING THIS SATURDAY - 28TH APRIL

Post by JezT »

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Checked the forum this morning at 10:50 AS ADVISED and no cancellation; So it's on we thought..... Arrived to discover it's off.

Another 50 miles of diesel wasted.

Very disappointing :cry:
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Darren Lee

Post by DazLee »

Hi all,

Is someone actually going to take control of this year's buggy season???

Lets face it....its a shambles
It relied on myself (touring car driver) and my friend (non racer) to get the steps up...with help from Alan and Keith marson.
I then arrive to find that the meeting has been called off...as did jez (see post above).

Is it too much to ask that someone makes a decision at 10.45am as agreed / suggested???

And I dont want any cocky replies from the do nothing and then moan and act like they care brigade!!! Ypi all know who you are and it's about time you stopped kidding yourselves and start helping before our club becomes a laughing stock and a 'former club'

Sorry guys but at the minute it's not even close to being good enough.

Daz
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

its 2.28 and its not rained once yet hows that bad weather :?:
craig nutting
Average Member
Average Member
Name: crag nutting
Car: cat k1

Post by craig nutting »

as far as i see it three people tuck this on at the agm and all i when i go down the track is a mess and no raceing the few peolple that are puting in the work are getting pissed off do we need to have an EGM to sort this all out? we have a great chance to have the best buggie club in the uk lets not waste it!!
Eddystone
Name: Richard Dobson
Car: Tamiya TA05v2IFS

Post by Eddystone »

Some feedback here on the time of the race decision forum post. I know Dean only suggested a 10.45am posting, but it seems many of us were expecting to see that post that never happened. I'm not local to Hinckley, it takes me about half an hour to drive to the club and I found a 10.45 decision to be uncomfortably late anyway. If the club hope to attract racers from further afield then someone needs to make the decision fairly early on - by 9.30am would be good. It's not just about the time and money wasted travelling to the club to find the racing off. There's also the effort involved in packing the car with race gear, sorting out lunch etc

Cancelling the racing today would seem to have been the right thing to do. Yesterday's weather was so wet the ground was likely to be soggy. Unless we'd woken up to bright sunshine ( and we didn't did we, it was cold, grey, and windy ) I think it would have been an easy decision to cancel the meeting at 9.30am and allow people the freedom to do other things.

On the plus side - the lemon meringue pie and hot chocolate in Morrisons before heading back home was delicious!!
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

I know that a Bunch of people are saying that the 2012 HRCCC Outdoor Buggy Season has been abit of a 'shambles', since it supposedly Started a couple of weeks ago, but apart from a few small Technical hitches, I honestly dont think anyones to Blame!

To be honest, the main cause of the Problems has wholely been down to the Poor Weather Conditions. We've been so unfortunate to Start the Outdoor Season a week or so after the Weather turned to this Unpredictable, Cold, Windy & Extremely Wet flurry, that we're currently seeing!

With these Conditions, it made the Ground very Soft, therefore holding up the Container Resite/Stairway Re-Fitment, as well as not making it possible for the Rugby Club to Cut the Grass!

POSITIVE THINGS TO POINT OUT THAT HAVE NOW BEEN DONE!

1, The Container/Rostrum was Re-Sitted by the Crane Company, to its New Position a couple of weeks ago(Tuesday 17th April to be exact!)

2, The Stairway was Re-Fitted to the Container/Rostrum yesterday, therefore Rostrum fully Usable again(Friday 27th April). This was down to Darren Lee & his Friend Tim - thanks again for doing this.

3, The Rugby Club Cut the Grass last Tuesday(24th April)& shall now be doing this on a Weekly basis!

4, Printer issue that caused a Technical hickup on the 1st Meeting. A New Club Printer was Purchased earlier this week - thanks to Roger Cosgrove.

After the Disappointment of last Saturdays Cancellation(21st April), I was really hoping that we could go ahead with Todays Buggy Meeting, as the Weather Forecast was generally showing it Dry allday, just Cold & Cloudy! It was'nt til I actually went down to the Venue at 11am this morning & saw how Wet & Boggy the Grass actually was, I then realised that the Commitee/Members would come to the Conclusion of Cancelling Todays Meeting also!
I think that if it had just Rained the day before, it would have been fine to Race on, but as its Rained virtually none-stop allweek, it was just sodden! - something for us all to think about for future reference!

Obviously, very Disappointing for everyone again - the only positive thing to come out of it Today, was that the Grass area where the Track will be Built, was Cut again with 2 smaller Handheld Petrol Mowers, to get a closer cut - this was done by the hardwork of some of the HRCCC Members - Mark Stevens, Craig Nutting & Alan Marson.....great job guys!
With some Seeding that was previously done, the Grass really is looking in great shape & ready for action now!

Regarding this '10.45am' Deadline to Decide on whether the Meeting goes ahead or not........it was only a suggestion that I made, it was'nt gospel or had'nt been decided by the Commitee or its Members.
...........the initial Plan was to have a 'Drivers Briefing' at the Start of Todays proposed Club Meeting, to Discuss all the previous Points that Racers/Members were Concerned about, as well as coming to a Conclusion on how we go about letting everyone know whether the Meeting is on or not/having a Time Deadline, if poor Weather is coming into play!

As soon as we can actually get a Club Meeting underway, we can have a Discussion/Vote on all this + anyones elses Ideas/Suggestions, so then everyone knows the score & we can start having some Fun, Enjoyable, Competitive Racing again! 8)

I've heard that the Weather is meant to change for the better Mid nextweek, so hopefully we'll get some Buggy Racing in next Weekend - SATURDAY 5TH MAY
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by DazLee »

Hi All,

I have to agree that to a certain extent, the weather has played a part in the less than ideal start to the Buggy season. And, we can still turn it around.

That being said, how can we blame the weather for the container re-site?? We have had months to arrange that!! Come on!!!

Then there is the stairs....which I am happy to announce to anyone that wasn't there today are now securely in place. (Well, as secure as they were last year and as secure as they can be till I carry out a few mods after my holiday)
But, had it not been for the 4 people that turned up friday and the help of a non racer and his rather handy Land Rover they would probably....well, more than likely still be inside the container.!!
What was the original plan again.....Oh yeah....Rely on Justin Baker to half kill himself trying to lift them up for us again!!! Is that the best we could come up with??

Anyway, that is all taken care of now and ready when the weather finally does improve.

Now..............
The single most important thing to sort out is this communication / notification of whether meetings will go ahead!!

I understand the 10.45am deadline was only a suggestion but we can't wait until we get a meeting that goes ahead and a drivers briefing to have a discussion!!
How many more wasted journeys do we want people to make before we finally get the weather to make a decision?????
I am fortunate, I only live a mile or so from the rugby club, but think of those further away.....how much time and money must they waste on 1,2,3.......journeys to our club when meetings may have already been called off??

Im sorry but the drivers briefing discussion idea IS NOT going to work. A system needs sorting and agreeing before next Saturday to prevent these wasted journeys.

Jez commented earlier about 50 miles of diesel and i suspect a couple of hours wasted......if racers / members keep making these journeys only to be disappointed they will eventually lose interest and simply not bother. We will lose members / racers and as a club I dont think we can afford that!

Only my opinions, I care about this club as much as anyone and I am proud of the club we have which is why I have arranged and done what I have, and I will continue to help as much as I can, when I can.

But, please please sort all this out for the good of the club. I like racing at HRCCC and would like to continue to enjoy it for many more years!!!

Losing members and racers will only send the club one way......Nobody wants that!

Thanks
Daz
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by DazLee »

I apologise if any of my comments / opinions come accross as negative.......this is not my intention, but I want OUR club.......which I feel is up there with the best in the country for numbers, organisation, facilities and driving standards to continue and push on to become bigger and better.

Lets sort it out and make this buggy season a great one........if we ever get any dry weather!!!
Get people talking about OUR club the way they should........for all the right reasons!! Get people wanting to come to our club and looking forward to Saturdays!!

Thanks

Daz
Eddystone
Name: Richard Dobson
Car: Tamiya TA05v2IFS

Post by Eddystone »

Dean :hmm pardon me if I'm speaking out of place here but would you be prepared to take on a leadership role in this years buggy season? Your good ideas, passion for the club, eloquence on the forum, and good standing amongst members would seemingly make you an ideal choice to take control of things and turn this season into a great success. It's already become clear from reading this thread that there are a number of dedicated members you could rely on to actually run the meetings, it just needs some leadership. Let's get the people who are passionate about the buggy season running the buggy season.

Richard
craig nutting
Average Member
Average Member
Name: crag nutting
Car: cat k1

Post by craig nutting »

i know somone who would be happy to take the buggie side of the club on but it would depend on a few small things changing
Ben Cosgrove
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Ben Cosgrove »

This was all discussed and finalised at the club AGM was it not?

Mark Stevens is in charge of the buggy racing with James running race control.

If something needs changing then I think a meeting at the venue should be called one night asap to sort something out?

Whoever is in charge of the buggy racing should do the following

Arrange Promotion (oople, redrc, noebuggy, mid west promotion, mid east promotion)
Calendar (all info of dates and venue)
Organise Race Control (equipment and timekeeping)
Keep financial Records (of all related expenditure/income)
Organise Track Work Parties (with members when work needs doing)
Liaise with venue (cutting grass, invoices etc)
Book the sunshine (most important!!)

This doesn't mean all the tasks need to be done by that person but effectively co-ordinating the tasks and delegating is the key.

There is ALOT of work to be done to make a successful season happen behinds the scenes. The actual racing should be the easy part :)

I was in Hinckley all afternoon on Sat and only saw a very brief drizzle shower :cry: although I can understand the ground being absolutely sodden!

We can still 'salvage' the buggy season as in my opinion it should have started in May anyway once we got the container moved (with steps) and the grass ready :)

If anybody would like my input into anything then I can lend a background support role. I am not racing 1/10th buggy this year so cant/wont be at the meetings to help.

Ben
HPI/Hot Bodies/Maverick/Merlin/Optifuel/GM/Muchmore UK/CustomBlitz/Hudy
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Dear All,

I think the forum is doing its job and we are discussing things. I also think that HRCCC is no different from all other clubs, i.e. it relies on its members to maintain the running and development.

I think Mark and James and Snr and Jnr have put a load of work into this season and I see Daz (a non buggy racer) also putting in a shift. JB, someone who does get some flack for not helping in the past is holding his hands up and offering to help with the computer so I feel that we are starting to build our season.

In short - the weather has resulted in a poor start to the season - FACT. But I feel we need to have a system to confirm if racing is on with the decision made on the FRIDAY. Honestly this weather patch we have had is the worst I remember and a delay on a brilliant grass surface will protect it for the season. At the end of the day we are a GRASS track and not ASTRO and long live that as it makes us different.

My concerns are those travelling and not racing and not knowing its off. The only way to suport this correctly is to have a FRIDAY call off decision and I propose Mark Stevens talks to Dean and Co on the FRIDAY and posts the decision.

Let's keep our calm and work together. Lets all try and do our bit and pull together as I completely agree that HRCCC Buggy can be one of best venues in the UK and this sort of issue will now go away.

I want to say sorry I have not been more involved. I am no longer Chairman of HRCCC as I stood down to concentrate my time on my family, but rest assured this is now settling down and I aim to race and support HRCCC once again.

Rostrum done / grass cut / weather looking better / printer purchased / people offering to help / does this not now need some positive chatter and promotion now????

I also propose weekly racing to continue throughout the year and this will work I am sure and we can work to protect the grass.

Regards Dale Knight :D
Fludey
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Paul Flude
Car: Losi22, V Dezign5.1

Post by Fludey »

Well I didn't miss much whilst away on hols for the last 2 Saturdays by looks of weather reports. Only done one meeting at HRCCC outdoors on grass, loved it that much got a new buggy and I'm hoping sunshine, or at least dry weather, will be giving it its first outing this Saturday.

I think Friday night call off would be good idea when you know ground is not going to be any good with possible 930 Saturday call if it's a blizzard on the day.

Hope to see ya''ll Saturday :)
Losi 22. V Dezign 1/12th 5.1
Let's Race :)
wackyracer
Getting started
Getting started
Name: craig gibson

Post by wackyracer »

To be fair someone shud decide weather the meetin is on at 10am on the day cause if u decide night b4 u cud say cancel meetin then next day all off sudden get a big sunny spell u never know with britash weather :)
Fludey
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Paul Flude
Car: Losi22, V Dezign5.1

Post by Fludey »

Anyone know what's happening this Saturday? I have got an RC Boat if need be :shock:
Losi 22. V Dezign 1/12th 5.1
Let's Race :)