Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

BUGGY RACING TODAY - 21ST APRIL

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

The Weather is looking alot better than expected Today - Bright & Sunny so far!

Cant the Buggy Meeting go ahead?

Anyone else want to Race?

Making the Decision on the Night before is is too early, specially as our Meetings dont Start til Lunchtime the next day!

It should be Decided on the Morning of the Meeting.
dawesy
Name: michael dawes

Re: BUGGY RACING TODAY - 21ST APRIL

Post by dawesy »

I agree the weather is no worse than it was last week and the meeting ran alright.
We dont race till early lunchtime and the weather looks ok ......
craig nutting
Average Member
Average Member
Name: crag nutting
Car: cat k1

Post by craig nutting »

this is a JOKE!!! who is this we that has canceled the meeting the club is run by the members NOT indervisles. there is no reseson why the meeting should have been stoped its an outdoor track and you may get damp evry now and then. if this we keeps stopping the meetings ervy time there is a bit of rain in the air we will nver have a meeting and if the sun dose come out there will be no one turning up cuz theyve gone to other clubs!!
JezT
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Jez Thorpe

Post by JezT »

Firstly I would like to applaud that fact that the cancellation was communicated - for the last couple of years me n Max would check the forums to see if the meeting was on and, having seen nothing, drive the 45 minutes (and subsequent diesel) only to find it had been cancelled.... so please keep communicating.

However..... in this case I think it was too early, and over cautious; As the guys say - this is an outdoor season and this, being England, you expect a bit of rain now and again; The forcast I have been watching all week has been saying that its going to be showers later on in the afternoon but not constant torrential rain.

This cuts down the number of meetings in an already depleted season (now down to 2 meetings a month (bar June))... Is there any thoughts about filling the missing Saturdays?

Jez
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi Jez,

Like you said, this was a well overcautious Decision to Cancel the Meeting - In my Opinion, the Commitee should Decide on the morning of the Meeting itself........perhaps giving a Deadline of 10.45am & then Posting up the Verdict on the Website?

As far as the Outdoor Buggy Club Calendar, I would'nt worry about it too much!

.........I'd already spoken to the HRCCC Club Chairman this week & the Plan was to have a 'Drivers Briefing' at the Start of Todays Meeting, to hear all the Members/Racers thoughts on Racing every Saturday throughout the Summer Season.

.......if the Demand is there(& no doubt it will be!), thats what'll happen & the Club Calendar will be Ammended to weekly Racing! 8)

The only worry about it, was whether the Grass would hold out, but I'm sure we can work round that by Moving the Track around abit.......even if it means moving it over to the side alittle & using the Stools instead of Rostrum on some weeks!
Webmaster
The website guy
Name: Ben McQueen
Car: Xray T2 09

Post by Webmaster »

Hi guys,

If there's enough people about on the forum that speak up during Friday and Saturday morning, I don't see why we can't make the decision on here. That said, I can't help but notice there were no comments at all when I first gave the warning that we'll make the decision late on Friday on here and Facebook.

I do feel the decision needs to be made early as possible for the reasons Jez has said. It seems from the comments on here we need to balance it out more. We also need to take into consideration how many people are actually going to turn up to the meeting and be there at the end to pack up, possibly in the rain!

I was for cancelling this meeting today as the weather forecast did look ok for the start of the meeting but from on then it deteriorated. This is what I saw on the MetOffice website around 10pm, Friday night. Any method we use to decide this isn't always going to be right unless we find a better way of predicting the weather and turning up and deciding there and then isn't fair on people that have to travel further.
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Post by Hail Ming »

Well said Ben - we've had some rotten weather this week. The decision was made on the best information available at the time and, importantly, communicated effectively via the forum. Responsibility for running a meeting goes beyond personal interests as Ben expressed. Its always disappointing when a meeting is cancelled but the decision is not taken likely. Fingers crossed we have better luck next week.

James
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC
wackyracer
Getting started
Getting started
Name: craig gibson

Post by wackyracer »

i think we shud decide on the mornin at 10.45 am caus e today weather has been gd n hot at times was lookin forward to today as well lets hope next week be ok
craig nutting
Average Member
Average Member
Name: crag nutting
Car: cat k1

Post by craig nutting »

the desecion shold be made by the members and not the comitty not evryone looks at the site evry day i only found out that racing was not on after i got down track. the weather has been good toady and there was no reson for it beening called off. we have more chance of winning the lottery than the weather men geting the weather rite!