2012 Buggy Season

Retro, 2WD and 4WD
Ben Cosgrove
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

2012 Buggy Season

Post by Ben Cosgrove »

Hi Guys

Any official calendar yet? I cant find it on here (our website)?

Will anyone publicise the meetings on oOple etc? We have our own club section there

Hope race control has booked the weather for the series : :n1

Cheers
Ben
HPI/Hot Bodies/Maverick/Merlin/Optifuel/GM/Muchmore UK/CustomBlitz/Hudy
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Re: 2012 Buggy Season

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi Ben,

I was thinking the same, Regarding the 2012 Summer Calendar for the Club Meetings :)

I was planning on putting a Post up on Oople to let everyone know, as soon as the New Calendar is up & I know all the Race Dates for the Season! 8)
Webmaster
The website guy
Name: Ben McQueen
Car: Xray T2 09

Post by Webmaster »

That'd be awesome, Dean.

I believe we'll have dates confirmed when the container's moved.
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

Any idea when the container is being moved?
jayst
Name: jamie cheshire
Car: T D . 210,410.408

Post by jayst »

this weekend i got told
JezT
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Jez Thorpe

Post by JezT »

Me n Max are looking forward to the new season... See you all Saturday.

Disappointed that this is not every Saturday (as the 2 indoor seasons were... mostly) - Is there a reason for this?
Ben Cosgrove
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Ben Cosgrove »

The grass wont withstand every week

If we can build in some astro turf sections then it should be possible to run every week.
HPI/Hot Bodies/Maverick/Merlin/Optifuel/GM/Muchmore UK/CustomBlitz/Hudy
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

Post by Wacker2 »

I've just seen the buggy calander and thought I'd post my thoughts... many of you will know I'm quite opinionated at times and so I'll keep it short and sweet so as not to annoy anybody with my rants, lol!

I'm dissapointed that we're only proposing to race the buggy meetings every other week! We ran pretty much every weekend last year and it was an amazing outdoor season with fantastic turnouts on a regular basis.

When the ground became very warn we simply adapted to the situation and ran a few weeks on a different patch of grass - giving the main grass more time to recover. Not an ideal scenario but those weeks were still enjoyed by all - given the choice I'm sure people would do that again if needed rather than not race at all!

We've got a great venue now and it seems a shame not to take as much advantage of it as possible. Last year put HRCCC firmly on the map as one of the top buggy clubs around and the last thing we want to do is deter people from racing because its not a weekly meeting. (having a meeting every saturday, and not starting at stupid oclock in the morning were two big reasons as to why people found our club appealling)

Lets also not forget that we live in the UK... so innevitably there will be meetings rained off. It'd be sods law that the meetings that we're supposed to be racing are cancelled cos of weather and the weeks when we're not racing will be nice and dry!

Lets just stick to what we all know and luv... I think we should start a 'vote' type thing... Post if you're opinion: do you want to race every week and deal with the track wear as and when it happens... or would you rather race every other week and have potentially better ground to race on???

Jon Seals. (aka Mr Hinckley 2011!) :D
MeBeMikey
Name: Michael J.
Car: Xray T3 2011 spec

Post by MeBeMikey »

Can the container be placed so that we race on one side one week and then the other side the next?
Xray T3 2012 spec: Tekin RS, Futaba BLS551, Orion and MooreSpeed lipos
Associated B4 w/X6 conversion and B44
Spektrum DX3r
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

Post by Wacker2 »

It would have been great if we could do that but I'm guessing the rugby club wouldn't allow it.

The railway sleepers are already down and in place ready for the container to be moved... just a case of getting it done.

I had an email from Roger today confirming that the company they used to transport the container last time cannot do the move until next tuesday! He's assured me that there will be a meeting run on Saturday but will not be using the big rostrum - will probably just use the blocks like we did towards the end of last year which worked pretty well.

The grass still needs cutting (or at least it did when I drove by yesterday) but again I've been assured that Mark Stevens has the contact at the rugby club (Dave) to organise this in time for saturday.

I really hope it all goes well for Saturday - but "lastminute.com" springs to mind!
Webmaster
The website guy
Name: Ben McQueen
Car: Xray T2 09

Post by Webmaster »

It was quite a late start but the meeting went ahead with 3 rounds of qualifying and one final. We were late due to the delay in finding a printer and installing drivers for it as well as some AMB decoder issues. The grass needed mowing as well. I think we had a turn out of around 28.

Thanks to all that helped out.