Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

RACING AT HRCCC EVERY SATURDAY THROUGHOUT THE SUMMER

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

As most of you may already be aware, either from Refering to the Race Calender or Attending some of Hinckley Clubs Buggy Meetings, that we have'nt been Racing everyweek since we Started the 2011 Buggy Outdoor Season :(

After Discussions with Dale Knight(our Club Chairman) & a few other Members, at the 2WD Regional we held last Sunday, we have come to the Conclusion of holding Club Meetings every Saturday all the way through the Summer, til our Special 2 Day Event at the end of August!

Obviously, this would be subject to Demand from our Members + anyone else for that matter!

Whats everyones Views on this?

We really need atleast 20 Racers to back us up, to make it worthwhile! 8)

If anyone has concerns about this idea, due to the current state of the worn Grass, dont worry, as we've already discussed about moving our Track to the fresh Grass on the righthand side(usually where most Racers Park their Cars). By doing this, it'll give us many weeks of good grippy Grass to Race on, as well as allow us to do some Repair work to our current Track & let the Grass Recover!

In doing this, it would mean that our Rostrum ontop of the Container would'nt be suitable, but we could get round this by using the Wooden Stools that we originally used Indoors or make some form of Temporary Rostrum?? :D

Unless anyone else has any ideas? :)
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Re: RACING AT HRCCC EVERY SATURDAY THROUGHOUT THE SUMMER

Post by Hail Ming »

Hi Dean,

I'm in favour of more off-road meetings this summer - and I'm sure others will be pleased too. The new venue has been a great success and rekindled interest in buggy racing - it would be a shame not to take full advantage of this.

James
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC
lapper cr2
Getting started
Getting started
Name: mark lapper
Car: Pledge reduces drag

Post by lapper cr2 »

OH YES YES YES, LETS HAVE IT EVERY SATURDAY YOU WILL HAVE BACKING FROM US LADS :shock: :shock: LAPPER.
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Keep um coming Guys!! 8)

Its good to hear from you Lapper & that you & the rest of the Coventry Club guys want to Attend are Weekly Club Meetings! :D

.........you'll just have to bring somemore Pledge to keep your Car nice & Clean! :lol:
jayst
Name: jamie cheshire
Car: T D . 210,410.408

Post by jayst »

i will try and get to as many meetings as i can
Ben Cosgrove
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Ben Cosgrove »

Please make sure you plan to have somebody running race control

And you also need to look after the track, fill in the ruts etc
HPI/Hot Bodies/Maverick/Merlin/Optifuel/GM/Muchmore UK/CustomBlitz/Hudy
lapper cr2
Getting started
Getting started
Name: mark lapper
Car: Pledge reduces drag

Post by lapper cr2 »

Just a thought :hmm could you start hoovering the track before my run as last meeting i got dust all over my wishbones I BLAME NUTTING FOR THIS :shock: he needs to get his finger out and sort it HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH guys must say its a credit to you all I LOVE the place keep up the good work :n1 is it running this Saturday guys.
keithm
Average Member
Average Member
Name: Keith Marson
Car: superstock,BMax2+4

Post by keithm »

Count me and Alan in.There will be no b.b.q this week as i did not know if we were racing therefore i did not order any stock.See you Sat.
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

Post by Wacker2 »

AWESOME news guys... am glad we've decided to continue racing each saturday until August.

I'm sure I'll be there most, if not every week so my race fees will certainly help the club financially... not sure how much help I will be with getting track out and putting it away with my back being as it is, but if I have a good day then I'll help where I can.

And dont worry about running out of Pledge Lapper... I've bought some specially for the CR2 club! :P

Cool beans, JB!
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Hail Ming »

Hi Folks,

As promised at last Staurday's meeting, I've feedback to the Committee the consensus of opinion regarding extending the season and I'm pleased to inform you that the season will be extended up to and including Saturday the 20th August 2011. Please note this is conditional to:
  • receiving 20+ drivers each week
  • assistance with track set-up and clearance
  • preserving the track for the dBoots GP over the August Bank Holiday weekend
If any of the above conditions aren't met, unfortunately the season will be cut short.

As such, there will be a race meeting this Saturday (30/07/11) - please spread the word and I'll see you all there.

Cheers

James

PS: thanks for the support at the last meeting - we had the track packed away in a record time of 20 mins!
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

Today(Saturday 30th July), we saw ROUND 8 of Hinckleys 2011 Off-Road Club Championships

Same as the previous week, we saw a good bunch of keen Racers turning up early again to aid Craig Nutting in getting the Clubs Container Unpacked & the Track Set-up, ready for another days Competitive Racing!

With the help of some nice Sunny Weather, we saw another Fantastic Turnout of Racers - giving 5 Full Heats worth!

Thanks to Master main Track Builders Craig Nutting, Martyn Ross, Andy Slingsby & Co, we had yet another Track Layout not yet seen at the New Venue! The Track had an array of Chicanes that if the right line was taken, you could maintain alot of Speed through by virtually taking a Straight line! What made this Layout very different to the norm, was that we only used 2 Features.i.e 2 Straight Table Top Jumps........this made very few(if any) Mistakes made by Racers during the course of the Qualifying Rounds, making the Racing Closer & more Competitive than ever! 8)
Due to Decreasing Grip-Levels for the Finals, this made Overtaking manouveres very awkward for Racers to acheive, but many still tried with intresting Results! :lol:

With the aid of James Carroll & HRCCC's Webmaster - Ben McQueen, running Race Control, we had a trouble-Free Meeting from Start to Finish! Wel Done Guys! 8)

HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS FROM YESTERDAYS(Saturday 30TH JULY) RACE MEETING :

A RACERS VIEW FROM THE ROSTRUM
TRACKSIDE
STARTING GRID FOR THE 'B' FINAL
RACE CONTROL

From next Saturday(& possibly for a few weeks after), we'll be Moving the Track to the Righthand side, where theres nice Fresh Green Grippy Grass thats much Flatter! With the Grip it should have, Worn Tyres may come into play(to eliminate Grip-Roll) & the Finals should be almost as Grippy as the 1st Round of Qualifying.........which should make everyone Happy! :lol:

See you all at the Next Club Meeting - SATURDAY 6TH AUGUST
Last edited by Wacker1 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Hail Ming »

Great post and pics - it was a smashing meeting. Thanks to everyone for participating and helping out with track set-up and clearance - it really is appreciated.

Looking forward to next week already... :n1

James
Webmaster
The website guy
Name: Ben McQueen
Car: Xray T2 09

Post by Webmaster »

Yes, it was a great meeting. Nice write up, Dean.

I thought I'd share some of the action shots I got, too. I think they're mostly from the A final.
Attachments
DSC00637.JPG
DSC00633.JPG
DSC00618.JPG
DSC00605.JPG
DSC00593.JPG
DSC00588.JPG
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Hail Ming »

Hi Chaps,

As Dean posted the other day and discussed at the last meeting - we'll be racing on the grass area we currently pit on for the remainder of the season to give the track a rest in advance of dBoots GP. This should prove to be a positive move as there'll be a fresh racing surface available for each meeting - offering consistent grip and less bumps.

I've made arrangements to collect some of the wooden crates we have in the store cupboard at JCC for use as a temporary rostrum.

When you arrive this Saturday, please remember to leave the usual pitting area clear for a track - please park either just off the access track or slightly further towards the entrance.

Please spread the word...

Cheers

James
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

Last Saturday(20th August), we saw the FINAL ROUND of Hinckleys Outdoor Club Championships.

The Day kicked off with a good Bunch of Racers helping out Main Circuit Builder Craig Nutting, Construct a nice Technical Track on the Flatter Fresh Grass Area that we've recently been running on over the last 3 weeks, to let our usual Grass Area Recover & allow some Maintainance work to be carried out!
The Track itself, incorporated a reasonable sized Main Straight, followed by a Fast sweeping corner going into a tight right & Left, this then went straight into a decent sized Jump through a Chicane & into a sharp right hand corner. This took us onto a small Jump right near another Chicane, that was quite Tricky to take at Speed! This then led onto a Speedy Right hander, before a selection of 4 Rumble Strip Sections darted around another Sweeper & then a tight Right hander back onto the Straight!
Due to the Track being Moved over to the Right of the Field, this meant that our Container Rostrum was'nt suitable, so Racers used HRCCC's original Stools as a Rostrum - this still gave very good visability for all Drivers, making the Racing just as Competitive as usual!

There was yet another great Turnout of Racers, giving 6 Full Heats of awesome Racing! Race Control was run perfectly again, by Race Directors James Carrell & Ben McQueen - thanks for that Guys......& for ALL the previous Meetings you've taken the time to run!

HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS FROM LAST SATURDAYS MEETING :

As most of you may probably be aware, its Hinckley Clubs D-BOOTS 2 DAY WEEKENDER this Sunday & Monday(28th & 29th August).

This Event Includes a Brand New Set of Durango D-Boots Tyres with Entry, as they are the 'Control Tyre' for the Special Event, which will be HRCCC's Last Outdoor Off-Road Buggy Meeting for the 2011 Season!

Hopefully see you all there!