Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

FANTASTIC START TO HRCCC'S OFF-ROAD SUMMER SEASON

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

As many of you will already know, last Saturday(24th April) was Hinckley Clubs 1st Outdoor Off-Road Meeting, for the 2010 Summer Season!

........& what an amazing start it was!!

Not only were we all fortunate to have some great Weather, we had an awesome Turnout of Racers, giving us 6 FULL Heats in Total & 3 different Classes.......2WD, 4WD & Retro/Vintage!!

A good bunch of keen Buggy Racers arrived nice & early, to help with the Set-up of the Track & to see the latest addition of Obstacles that HRCCC had invested in for the New Season.......2 New small Jumps & a Corner Table Top Ramp!

When the Meeting finally kicked-off, many of us were having 'Grip-roll' issues with our Cars, due to the exceptional quality of the Grass. We all soon cured this by some small Adjustments & cutting a few spikes off the front Tyres.
The Track itself, was of a decent size, giving us an average of 24sec per Lap, starting with a Standard Table Top Ramp, followed by a selection of tight twisty corners leading onto a selection of Jumps. This then led onto the New Corner Table Top feature & a long back-straight, which allowed you to build up some Speed for the final Sweeping corners!

Thanks to Scott for doing a nice smooth job of running Race Control allday & Dale for keeping all the Racers happy, with his fantastic BBQ & Drinks :D

......already looking forward to the Next Meeting! 8)

Here are some Photos from the Meeting last Saturday - 24th April :

See you all next Saturday - 1st May
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Re: FANTASTIC START TO HRCCC'S OFF-ROAD SUMMER SEASON

Post by Dale »

Hi All,

The buggy season is now well in the swing and I wanted to say thank you to all those who have been working so hard to make buggies a success story for the club. In our first week we attracted 42 drivers which is our biggest buggy club meeting for many years.

We are however still finding many members are not pulling their weight with track building and packing away and the same faces are doing the vast majority of the work. All I want to say is that this is YOUR club and it is run for YOU. We must all ensure that we all do our bit, especially when in two weeks both Scott and I will be away and the running of the meeting will be down to you guys.

On that subject Dean has mentioned people who will run the event and I think it would be a good idea for them to help set-up race control this weekend to ensure they know exactly what to do the following weekend. Lets all work together and build on the foundations now in place for HRCCC.

We have big plans for the rostrum idea which we are working on and we want to support this class moving forwards.

Kind Regards Dale - Chairman
Ben Cosgrove
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Ben Cosgrove »

I'd be happy to run race control if thats useful?

Its relatively simple to operate...its just setting up the bits to go with it you'd need to show me :D
HPI/Hot Bodies/Maverick/Merlin/Optifuel/GM/Muchmore UK/CustomBlitz/Hudy
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Hi Guys,

I shall not be attending this weekend meeting due to my wife being 40 soon and wanting to go away for her birthday (please remind her of her age everytime to see her for me please she is really happy to be hitting this milestone age - NOT!)

Ben is also away so I really need you all to get behind Scott and make sure he also enjoys the days racing as well as running a smooth meeting.

It is also crucial that we all remember the speed limit for the college grounds of 10mph. Two cars were reported for speeding last week and we have been offically warned once again. PLease let me make this very clear - IF YOU SPEED ON SCHOOL GROUNDS YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM DRIVING ON THE PREMISES AGAIN AS WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT FURTHER INCIDENTS MAY LEAD TO HRCCC BEING REMOVED FROM OUR FACILITY PERMANENTLY. I cannot stress enough the importance of us all being aware of this as it is putting our club home in jepardy. Please help by spreading the word and keeping an eye out for speeding cars.

Thanks Dale
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

As we've now had around 7 Off-Road Club Meetings, since Hinckley started their Outdoor Buggy Summer Season, I thought that it would be a good time to give everyone an Update.

Last Saturday(5th June)saw ROUND 6 of Hinckleys Off-Road Club Championships.

With a decent Bunch of Racers Arriving nice & early, many helped with the Transportation of the Hoses & Ramps from the Clubs Container down to the Trackside area, where Top Track Builders Martyn & Slinger(with the aid of others)Designed the Layout!

The Weather itself was fantastic, as it was Dry Hot & Sunny, giving us a really high Turnout of Racers..........there were 5 Full Heats!(4x 2WD & 1x 4WD)

The Large Track Layout had something for everyone, from Tight Technical Sections to Sweeping Corners......not to forget the Long Backstraight that put a smile on everyones face when you unleashed the Power of the Cars!
The Circuit started with a tight lefthand corner, which made it abit tricky to get a good momentum over the Table Top Ramp, but once mastered it was great! This led onto an 'S' section towards the back of the Track, which had a small Ramp in the middle.......this could be taken almost straight through at Speed! The next corner had a Larger Ramp which led onto to a 'U' bend, followed by a fast Chicane with a Large ramp in the middle......this then followed onto the Long Backstraight!
A nice high-speed Sweeping corner was at the end of the straight, leading onto the last Large Ramp......taken too fast you'd be wide for the next tight Righhander! This led onto the Corner Table Top Ramp & the Banked section of 'S Bends, that were more difficult than they looked! The Unique Rumble Strip section was situated on the very last Corner, to complete the Lap!

Thanks to Scott, for doing an Excellent job of running Race Control, Dale for dealing with the Food/Drinks & Eric(Concept Racing)with his Shop, for all our Buggy needs!

HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS OF THE TRACK, FROM LAST SATURDAYS(5th JUNE) CLUB MEETING :

See you all at the next Club Meeting : SATURDAY 12TH JUNE
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

Today(12th June), we saw ROUND 7 of Hinckley Clubs Off-Road Club Championships

Same as the previous week, we saw a good bunch of keen Racers turning up early again to get the Clubs Container Unpacked & the Track Set-up, ready for another days Competitive Racing!

It was also really good to see another huge Turnout of Racers(5 FULL HEATS worth), quite a few of which were New Faces - hopefully we'll see these coming back on a Weekly basis!

Thanks to Master Track Builders Martyn Ross, Andy Slingsby & Co, we had yet another New Layout NEVER seen before at Hinckley Club, to make the Racing evenmore Competitve & intresting for all the Drivers!
Straight after the Lap Counting Loop, a Fast flowing Chicane followed with a Small Jump & an array of High-Speed Corners took us to the Corner Table Top Jump on the far righhand side of the Circuit. After this, it followed directly onto the Straight Table Top Jump with a Sharp lefthand & righthand corner, leading onto another Small Jump & short Straight with a Long Fast-Flowing Sweeping Corner at end. This then took us onto the Tricky Rumble-Strip section with 2 tight but smooth flowing corners, before leading onto the Final Larger Jump, a righthander & back through to the Loop to complete a Lap!
I think that many enjoyed this particular Layout, as it was Fast & Flowing with decent places to make some Overtaking manoveres - yet still incorporating some Technical Tricky sections, difficult to master at Speed!

As our usual Race Directers(Dale & Scott) were'nt here to organise the Meeting this time, it was left in the capable hands of HRCCC's Web Master Ben McQueen to Set the Clubs Computer up, ready for Eric Wilcock & Mat Chambers to run the Meeting for the rest of the day.............eventhough we had a few Technical problems with Link between the PC & the Loop itself(totally out of their control), they did an Excellent job - thanks Guys! 8)

HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS FROM TODAYS(12th JUNE) CLUB MEETING :
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Thanks to Andy Slingsby, here are some Photos of the 'A' FINAL from Todays12th JUNE CLUB MEETING :

See you all at the Next Club Meeting :SATURDAY 19TH JUNE
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

Post by Wacker2 »

Great days racing... fantastic way to see of the B4!

Looking forward to next weeks racing... for both the saturday which will be the maiden voyage for the Atomic Carbon CR2, and also for the regional on the sunday!

Cheers guys, Jon!
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

nice pics dean ....cool beans :wink:
Martyn
Name: Martyn Ross
Car: XRAY T4 14

Post by Martyn »

Hi All,

As Dean mentioned, a big thanks to Eric, Matt and Ben for running this weeks meeting, with out them we would of not had a meeting at all. Track was built and packed away in good time, still could do with a few more hands helping carting it around!

Great days racing, shame the track dint quite suit my Cougar nor my electrics!! will have words with the track party next week :lol:

See you all next week.

Martyn
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

Yesterday(19th June), we saw ROUND 8 of Hinckleys Off-Road Club Championships.

As the Weather was pretty good & it was the day before our 2WD Mid-West Regional Event, it gave us our Highest Turnout of Drivers this Season!
With around 50 Drivers taking part, it gave everyone a Regional 'Warm-up' feel, creating clean, close, Competitive Racing in every one of the 5 Heats, showing Exceptional Driving Standards allday!

It was good to see Dale & Scott back running Race Control, giving us all a smooth, trouble-free Meeting through all 4 Qualifying Rounds & the Finals..........as well as keeping everyone Refreshed with Food & Drinks!

The Track itself was quite Technical, yet still very flowing......incorporating a selection of Sweeping corners, Hairpins, a Chicane in the middle, as well as the usual Rumble Strip, Table Top Jump, Ramps & Corner Table Top Jump in various positions around the Circuit. The decent sized Back Straight was great for some Overtaking manoveres......eventhough the Fast Sweeper after was more awkward than it looked to get the right line, due to some Bumps that were difficult to spot!

It was a great Days Racing for everyone! :D

HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS FROM YESTERDAYS(19th JUNE) CLUB MEETING :

See you all at the Next Club Meeting : SATURDAY 26TH JUNE
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Dear All,

We are of course well into our Summer season now and generally we have had a fantastic year.

For those of you who have been attending recently I wanted t confirm the following:

1. Please arrive between 11.15am and 11.45am if possible.
2. The times above will enable us all to build the track in time for a 1pm start.
3. If we start on time we can run up to 5 races on the day.
4. Club cars are available to hire.
5. Booking in is only £6.00.
6. We normally have hot food and drinks available on the day.
7. 10 MPH speed limit on college grounds or face expulsion from premises.

It is imperrative that we keep the momentum of earlier in the year where people arrived and the track is built as a team. I am getting increasingly concerned that many of the drivers are simply waiting for everyone else to build the track for them. This is your club and your track so please muck in and do your bit.

Thanks Dale