Off Road Work Party

Retro, 2WD and 4WD
Ben Cosgrove
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Off Road Work Party

Post by Ben Cosgrove »

Hi Guys

Not too long to go now before our regional!

Anyone have any ideas when the prep work will start? Thinkgs like repairing jumps, re-painting etc and also making new ones :D

Does anyone know where we can get a roll of astro turf from? I have a few ideas for some features using bits and bobs of astro corners etc.

Early April is not great for me to come down and do mych but I am free this Saturday currrently to help out if enough of us are interested??

Ben
HPI/Hot Bodies/Maverick/Merlin/Optifuel/GM/Muchmore UK/CustomBlitz/Hudy
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Re: Off Road Work Party

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi there,

Your right Ben.......the Outdoor Off-Road Buggy Season/Regional will soon be upon us! :shock:

My mate Daz(who Built the New Table Top, Ramps & Rumble Strip for last Season), will be coming down to John Cleveland College a week this Friday afternoon(2nd April), to get the Dimensions of the previous ones he made. He'll then make a few Adjustments to the Measurements, so he can Build a further 2 New Smaller Ramps(ideally for the 'Retro' Class) & a New 'Corner' style Table Top.......all sized up, to meet the BRCA Off-Road Rules! 8)

If anyone has any other thoughts on what Track Markings/Obstacles they'd like to see for this Year, please Post up your Ideas! :D

I think that Last Seasons Table Top, Ramps & Rumble Strip are still in Good Condition, but could do with a fresh Coat of Black Varnish/Paint, to protect them for the 2010 Season. I think that the unique HRCCC Bridge/Lap Counting Loop may need some Repair work on it though, as I'm sure someone had an incident with it last year, damaging one side of it! :oops:

Perhaps we can get a group together this Saturday then & try & get some of it done - not sure if we have anymore Black Paint left?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that Coventry Club was trying to get rid of some of their Old Astro-Turf not long ago?
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Post by stox217 »

Could you incorporate some of the banked grass area into a banked corner :?:
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Darren Lee

Post by DazLee »

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine works for a 'synthetic sports surface' company and may be able to help us out with some astroturf.

I need to know how much we are going to need? And I will see if he can sort us some out.

The only problem I see with this idea having spoken to my friend is the weight of the astroturf! They roll up the old stuff and usually just dump it.!!! We are welcome to some if we can get it back / unloaded..??? Its that heavy they use a forklift to lift it and a lorry to transport it.!!!

Any ideas???

Thanks
Daz
warr2
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: David

Post by warr2 »

Bearing in mind we have to put the astroturf back in the container at the end of the meeting I don't think we'd want a full roll. The ones we had at the boys club took about 10 people to lift.

Are there any plans for the rostrum? A bit more height would make a big difference.

Even if it's only something assembled for the bigger meetings.
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Darren Lee

Post by DazLee »

I understand we wont want / need a full roll and wasnt suggesting that we try to incorporate that amount into the track.
What I was trying to say is if he is willing to give it to us free of charge, I think its asking a bit much for him to cut it to size and deliver it for us.?

Can we arrange some form of transport for it, cut off what we need and then dump the rest?

I need to know roughly how much we want and maybe he can sort us something out?
Ben Cosgrove
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Ben Cosgrove »

Hi Daz

How wide is the roll and how long?

I reckon we would need a couple of pieces of 3m wide by 7m long Max so we can cut and fit it into places.

Maybe Chris Child could fit it in the van or Ben Bridgewater??

Ben
HPI/Hot Bodies/Maverick/Merlin/Optifuel/GM/Muchmore UK/CustomBlitz/Hudy
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

I'm up for helping but maybe April 3rd would be best as there is no racing on that saturday.
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

I'm up for helping but maybe April 3rd would be best as there is no racing on that saturday.