Ian_Smith
Committee
Committee
Name: Ian Smith
Car: Schumacher Mi4LP

Re: 2010 MARDAVE RULES AT HRCCC

Post by Ian_Smith »

All,

I think that allowing Brushless motors coupled with a 1s LiPo is definately the way forward in the Mardave class, so long as the performance is limited / monitored so that it closely matches the existing 4-cell NiMh powered G1/G2 motors.

I know Gary trialled a Nosram Dragon 13.5T motor with 1s LiPo and on the face of it looks similar in performance to the G2 powered cars, however please remember that our hobby (for many) is a very competitive one so any advantage that can be found will be used as much as possible, and a blanket allowing of 13.5T Brushless motors will allow all manner of manufacturers motors to be brought to the party, most of which will easily out-perform the Nosram Dragon (and the LRP equivalent), I table below the stats for 3 current breed of 13.5T motors, and the Dragon is by far the least poweful (Watts) :

Nosram Dragon BL Sport Modified 13.5T (Bonded Rotor)
22.320 RPM
3100kV
155W

Nosram PURE Evo Stock 13.5T (Sintered Rotor)
21960 RPM
3050kV
241W

GM Brushless Pro Stock 13.5T (Sintered Rotor)
19440 RPM
2700kV
255W

I wouldn't expect over-heating to be a problem on 3.7 volts, but it might be worth keeping in mind that the gears used in the Mardave are very coarse 32DP, so changing from one pinion to another might cause temperature issues if over-heating did happen.

Ian
Schumacher Mi4LP / Hobbywing Justock / Speed Passion V3.0 17.5
"Speed is nothing without Control" - wish I had just one of 'em! :-)
Richie
Name: Richard Wilson

Post by Richie »

Thanks Dale

Its good to understand the direction the club is taking, we can then focus our minds accordingly.
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Hi Rich (and all of course)!

Gazza has confirmed he has been running 13.5t lipo for several weeks and this seems in-line with G2 4 cell.

As such I see this as one of the confirmed routes for next year - unless someone can convince me otherwise.

The next confirmed is the G2, 4 cell which is current and allows for continuity etc.

The last item to wrap this up is an alternative to the G2 motor. I shall again speak to Ben about getting some samples or some being bought by the club so we can work out an alternative etc.

So the general consensus is that the above three options could be run together in next years championship? I am being advised that such a broad width of choices may indeed re-ignite this class and get some new and familiar faces down to race.

Do we seem to agree this as the way forward?

Regards Dale - Chairman :P
Richie

Post by Richie »

Suits me
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Sounds good to me! 8)
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

thank the lord ...dont want to start another thread but i have a problem turkey or goose :|
Richie

Post by Richie »

:?
warr2
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: David

Post by warr2 »

http://www.lrp.cc/en/news/news/news/?tx ... e71069bd01

Out of interest anybody seen the graphs above for LRP's new stockspec speedo?

Obviously you have to take any graphs used in advertising with a pinch of salt. But..........................................................

15000rpm extra with the same motor just by changing speedos. :shock: :!:
Richie

Post by Richie »

shush, don't tell dean
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Theres NO point looking at it..............................the New Stock Spec does'nt have Reverse! :lol:

I've been running a Forward/Reverse LRP Brushless Speedo in my Mardave for the last 12Months anyway :shock:

I'm just unsure on which 1s 3.7v Lipo Pack to go for, as I dont really know much about them :oops:

.......I was thinking of the SMC 4900 50c from Action Model Centre, as Gazza is currently running this one, which seems to work great! 8)

Or the alternative is for Racers to chip together in Pairs & Buy a Regular 2s Lipo Saddle Pack, which they can then have 1 each at half the Price! :D
Last edited by Wacker1 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Post by stox217 »

Wacker1 wrote: I've been running a Forward/Reverse LRP Brushless Speedo in my Mardave for the last 12Months anyway :shock:
Which speedo is this out of intrest???
Richie

Post by Richie »

according to some people they think their all the same, lipo that is, but I know their not, thats what comes of owning a protrak with a 25amp discharger.
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Its an LRP Brushless Super Reverse.

I've had it for over 12Months & it seems great!

The ONLY negative thing that I can say about it, is that it has a 'Delayed' Reverse.........I suppose I shoud'nt Crash in the first place though! :lol:

I have tried in the past though, a Novak XRS Brushed(with G2) & an LRP Sphere TC Spec Brushless(with G2 & 13.5), as well as an Orion Vortex Ver2 13.5T & Novak SS Pro 13.5T Motor............I'm surprised to say that there did'nt seem to be ANY Performance difference between them all!

........dont know whether thats to do with them running less Voltage than a Touring Car(4.8v, rather than 7.4v)??
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Post by stox217 »

Could we limit it to a one speedo make ie evil,dragon/a1,eraser because this then stops people spending £££ on speedo's so they have an advantage. Also it evens out all the cars speed wise.
Your views on this???
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Hi Nick,

Would not work as most would need to buy this system rather than run the one they have.

I know people have rasied concerns over no limit on price but my theory is that as long as it has reverse it is not the HIGH END QUALITY speedo and would be fine.

I am going to end this thread now as I believe it has served its purpose. I want to thank you all for taking part and offering a view from membership for next season. I see the 2010 championship for Mardave to be a transition year where various options are available as the class moves into a new era.

Mardave is no longer simply a silver can 4 cell class and we have to accept this is the route the class is going down. With these new measures we will allow G2 to race against lipo etc for the forseeable future which is what we wanted to do. Now if the class wants to covert as things did with TC not so long ago it can now been done at its own pace and with the inclusion of you all.

All I ask is that people respect the classes above and not turn up with trying a quicker motor or speedo etc and spoiling for you all. We all race and want to win, but it means nothing if you win outside of the rules of the class.

Any further thoughts can be PM'd to me.

Kind Regards DDale Knight - Chairman :D