brushless combo problem

WARRENRYAN
I'm not a brummie I'm a Yam Yam!
Name: WARRENRYAN

brushless combo problem

Post by WARRENRYAN »

Hi guys. ryan had major problems with his mardave saturday' with it stuttering sometimes it would start off fine' then when you apply power again it would stutter. poor kid never got one race in. I have now put all the standard stuff back in bar the motor. 27turn mod. I now have a evil speedo and a hacker 10.5 BL combo lying around. Could do with someone trying this system out for me in there mardave to see if its the system or something else.
1) have changed the receiver.
2)have replaced the aerial.
3) changed through 3 different battery packs.
4)checked all the wires.
5)changed to my transmitter still have problem.
This system has been in my 1/12th pan car for 4 months' and ive never had no problems. This system sets it self to your tranny.
I wont be there this saturday will be there the following HELP IS NEEDED :cry:
warr2
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: David

Re: brushless combo problem

Post by warr2 »

Some suggestions

1) Magnetic field interference. - If you have large power wires too close to signal wires (servo wires or your aerial) what happens is that when power is applied a large current flows creating a magnetic field which blocks the signal. - Solution is to keep all signal wires and your receiver as far away from power wires as possible.

2) Voltage drop - most receivers need 4.8v minimum. When you apply power the voltage drops. If you put in a more powerful motor it makes this worse, especially if you have old cells. On a 4 cell car the voltage can drop sufficiently that the receiver won't function correctly. - Try newer cells or maybe test the car with a 6 cell pack and see whether it still does it.

3) Is this a sensored or sensorless system?
Might be sensor wire issues.

4) Sensorless systems do often cog / stutter slightly at low speeds. - This will be more pronounced if the car is overgeared or hs rubbish cells. Shouldn't make the car unusable though.
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

hi warren its justin sounds like you have a cell down and 3 cells is giving enough power for a short burst try your cells mate
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Post by stox217 »

sound's like the motor sensor's are bu**erd or the sensor wire
WARRENRYAN
I'm not a brummie I'm a Yam Yam!
Name: WARRENRYAN

Post by WARRENRYAN »

Many thanks for the reply guy's. I have changed the sensor lead and i have also put brand new cell's in. which i check after every race with my home made battery tester. This system is the system i used in my 1/12th pan car for 4 months with no problems???? All i have done is changed it to the mardave :cry:
warr2
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: David

Post by warr2 »

Can you post a pic showing the system in the car?

If it works in 1 car and not another than 9 times out of ten it's down to wiring layout. / magnetic fields.