stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Re: Mardave Classification

Post by stox217 »

Hi yes i think the mardave motor is quicker i think dont hold me to it
Richie which car do you mean the black and blue car i was running last saturday?
ps forget what i said about the 10.5 system
And yes we need to now keep away the mardave system and the 13.5 guy's
Martyn
Name: Martyn Ross
Car: XRAY T4 14

Post by Martyn »

Here we go again.......................!!!
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by stox217 »

Go again what we are going for three classes because the running the two brushless group's together = unfair advantage to the mardave system!
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

I agree with Richie.........that there should only be 2 Classes for Mardaves.

The STANDARD CLASS with the 'Brushed' G1/G2 Motor has been going for a long time & has worked fine as it is, so this should really stay as it is. This should be left as the Beginners/Entry Level Class, which is very cheap to do, but still being very Competitive. The Standard Mardave G1/G2 Motor may be a 25T, but its still proven to be quite abit slower than a 27T Rebuildable Stock Motor, so it would be unfair if the 27T Stock was allowed Points in the Standard Class Championship.

When many of the regular more experienced Mardave Racers heard talk of a possible NEW 2nd CLASS for Mardaves, allowing the Commercially available options of a Diff, Carbon Fibre Chassis & Mardave Brushless System, I think that many(including myself) were really keen on the idea, as it would step up their Cars Performance alittle & increase their Skill level more, without having the expence of the higher end Touring Car & 12th Pan Car Classes.
Since then, I think that most of us have come to realise that the Mardave Brushless System is'nt what we all expected, whether it be due to the Intial Set-up of the System, Software Issues, 'On/Off Power with No Progression or General Cost.................the only thing that has exceeded our expectations is its Speed!

So where do we go from here?

If we were in an ideal world & the Mardave Brushless System was'nt around, I think that the natural progression would be a 27T Rebuildable Stock/13.5T Class, as its only slightly faster than the Standard 'Brushed' G2 Class, making it very equal & extremely Competitive.........but as the Mardave System is here now, I'm not sure if its likely to happen!

I think that we should still have a 2nd Mardave Class like this, maybe call it 'GT CLASS', to save confusion of Brushless or Modified, but we really need to find an equivelent Sensored Motor that has the same Speed as the Mardave Brushless System, when its Set to 100%

Anyone else agree?
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by stox217 »

Won't 10.5/9.5 be closer to the mardave system? (any body have any to try??) Im temped to get the 9.5 system :D
Also i agree with dean :)
blueskieshlg
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Ken

Post by blueskieshlg »

Rich

You seem to have misunderstood my interest in the 27T stock motor, I am not unhappy and don’t have any issues with regards to 27T stock motors, in fact I want to run a stock motor, I have quite a few of them as you suggest, but didn’t want to run them if I had to go into the modified class, Now it’s been made clear that I can run one in F1 with the G1/G2 motors and still score points I am more than happy :D
Gazza
Forum Fisherman
Name: GAZZA
Car: Mardave V12

Post by Gazza »

Last edited by Gazza on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

sorry if i upset you matey it was not intended that way its just a bit of fun on saturday im with rich on this one lets leave all the desision making on motors this season and concentrate on what works the best to satisfy all members needs which may be speed / ease of maintenance/ or cost/ or even reliability personally at this moment in time i think a few more weeks of trying things out will see all this sorted and then let the committee make the rules to suit every ones needs most importantly not alienating new members from racing mardaves
Richie
Name: Richard Wilson

Post by Richie »

Hi Justin

I think what your suggesting is the most common sence approach

We are already into the chamsionship, the practical choice is to stick to where we are at the moment and complete the champiopnship
class 1 brushed upto 25t
Class 2 brushless upto 13.5t

Then the committee meet and decide based on the outcome of this championship what rules should be applied to the autumn 2009 championship, these can then be cascaded in plenty of time to enable people to prepare their cars.

It would be useful if Roger or Dale could confirm, that I think that practically 4 classes may be difficult to administer and operate, which is another reason why we should stay as we are for the moment, I think their advice on this matter would be useful, afterall they have to make it work.
Richard
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Hello Blue,

This will be discussed on Saturday before racing.

My opinion is that there should be a traditional mardave class with the silver motors in and then a modified class, which is what the discussion will be about.

If the Mardave system is rubbish then we need to either agree an alternative or go back to silver motors. Eitherway I expect this to be resolved in 10 mins on Saturday so we can all go back to racing. I feel for all those involved as a club we have collectively agreed to support Mardave and their developments but we have been let down by the equipment. My advice would be to ebay your Mardave system and agree to go back to silver can or 13.5t.

Regards

Dale
Chairman
dogpinkscot

Post by dogpinkscot »

unfair comment dale about mardave system the people who condemned them have not used the new system and some even went out to buy new 13.5 systems now that the mardave system has found to be quite fast its left people with a few sour grapes ie there cars are a lot slower .in hindsight those people should have waited like roger said until chris at mardave was given the chance to rectify the problem if mardave was my business some of the comments on this forum would be used against some members in court to recoupe lost income via bad press

the above comment may sound harsh but mardave is a business not a hobby like it is to us
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by stox217 »

Well the mardave system aint the best for a mardave system because the speedo is like an on off switch i'd personaly go for a 13.5/10.5 system because there smoother to drive as dean has posted not to long ago!
dogpinkscot

Post by dogpinkscot »

hi nicholas have you driven a mardave with there brushless system in
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by stox217 »

well no but i ahve seen a few go round hinckley and mostaly every body who drove one around said roughley the same
but this power upgrade has at least cured this loss of power after 4 min's
(also seen it go around an oval (Mr mardave's car) where its better suited as it looked way easyer to drive because it was set at 70%)
Richie
Name: Richard Wilson

Post by Richie »

Just for the record, the Mardave Brushless system I raced was fine except for the dumping issue which has now been resolved by Chris. A small lurch when first starting which is normal on sensorless, after that quite smooth.