Mardave Classification

blueskieshlg
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Ken

Mardave Classification

Post by blueskieshlg »

I’ve just read somewhere on the forum that Mardave standard class is F1 and Mardave Modified is F2 that’s fine, but where do Mardaves that are running 27T brushed motors fit into this, it’s all getting very confusing. :? Now that we run Mardave brush and brushless motors in the same heats. Would it not be a good idea to have some form of identification on the cars to denote which class they are, this is more for the benefit of the brushed Mardaves so they can gauge the performance of there cars like for like. This could be as simple as a stick on coloured paper disc on the top of the brushed cars. :)
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Re: Mardave Classification

Post by dogpinkscot »

whatever der ? you bored go and play in the snow :roll:
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Post by stox217 »

the 27turn brushed mardave's go in the brushed as 27 turn is more turns then a mardave motor which is 25 turn!
but brushed and brushless mardaves get mixed in all the time!
Gazza
Forum Fisherman
Name: GAZZA
Car: Mardave V12

Post by Gazza »

4 class's :lol: :lol:

F1 Standard class G1 & G2 motors

F2 Mardave Brushless System

F3 13.5t Brushless system

F4 those that run what ever they want . . . I.E mega wide tyres / Non standard shape chassis etc
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

F5 for blue badge holders aswell (GAZZA)
Gazza
Forum Fisherman

Post by Gazza »

Last edited by Gazza on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Not MORE Classes, Rules & Regulations for Mardaves :roll:
Gazza
Forum Fisherman

Post by Gazza »

Last edited by Gazza on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richie
Name: Richard Wilson

Post by Richie »

Please no more changes,

Lets leave well alone, for the remainder of this series
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Not the Carbon Fibre Chassis again :roll: ........its the same shape as a Standard Mardave Aluminium Chassis & Commercially available to everyone from Fibre-Lyte!

I tried the 'Sensored' System with a 13.5T Motor, as an experiment, due to the unrealiability & lack of control from the 'Sensorless' Mardave Brushless System. My Mardave feels great to drive with the 13.5T in, giving plenty of control & precision, with alittle more Speed than a Standard Brushed G2 Motor, but WITHOUT the maintainance! ..........if everyone had gone in this direction, it would be a fantastically close Competitive Class. :D

Since then, Mardave have cured some of the 'teething' problems with their new System.i.e.powerloss/dumping issue 3 minutes into a Race, unfortunately though, I think there going to struggle with the uncontrollable 'on/off' power issue, which is really due to it being a 'Sensorless' design.......saying that!!...I Raced my 13.5T Mardave last Saturday, which handled great & I did'nt make one mistake through the whole Race, but still ended up coming 2nd & 3/4 of a lap down to Craig(he drove very well indeed), who was running the Mardave Brushless System, as it was way faster in a straight line than my 13.5T..............I'd probably go as far to say that it was as quick as a 10.5T 12th Pan car!

This has proved that the Mardave System seems to be very Competitive on the Larger, Wider, less Technical Circuits(like Hinckleys Track), but still DOES'NT work very well on the very Tight, Twisty Circuits like Leamington, St Johns & Beaumont Leys Clubs, which are specifically built for Mardaves.........this is probably due to the 'Sensorless' design not giving the control at lower speeds. Its also proved that the System is'nt for Beginners either.

I really dont know what the ANSWER is?? But I'd be very intrested to see what a 10.5T would be like against the Mardave Brushless System.......as what Jeremy Clarkson always says......LETS HAVE A DRAG RACE!! 8)
Gazza
Forum Fisherman

Post by Gazza »

Gazza
Forum Fisherman

Post by Gazza »

stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Post by stox217 »

More power then gazza me think's a 10.5 mabe worth a shot :)
blueskieshlg
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Ken

Post by blueskieshlg »

Having asked quite an easy question to start this thread there still seems to be a lot of confusion between the members as to the answer. Stox217 are you trying to tell me that a G1/G2 motor is faster than a 27T stock motor or did you misinterpret my meaning of a 27T motor. With so many different classifications within the Mardave section , and what seems like some unhappy members and some that don‘t quite understand the capabilities of different motors, maybe Gazzer is right, is it not time to appoint a Mardave scrutineer. :?:

As for Mr dogpinkscot I see you are new to the forum and so may I suggest that if you have nothing constructive to add to a thread you say nothing :D
Richie
Name: Richard Wilson

Post by Richie »

Disagree this post is distructive and not required

I say no to 10.5t, I would like to know what your running at the moment Nick, because it seems quicker than a 13.5t, could this be why your suggesting a 10.5 ?

We don't want 4 classes, theres enough trouble with two and you only want a scrutineer with a strict set of rules, so if its agreedwe go back to a strict standard Mardave Class using G2's then there may be some benefit in a scrutineer otherwise lets forget it, it just generates more conflict. Ken why are you so unhappy with a stock motor, its more turns than a G2, cost effective and you must have some at home so whats the big issue !

It would appear natural development at the moment is moving in the direction of a brushed upto 25t and brushless up to 13.5t. Two classes