[POLL ADDED] The mardave championship discussion...

The brushless class

ESC for under £70, 13.5T Motor for under £40
25%
ESC under £70, Mardave Motor (£40)
6%
ESC under £70, Any motor but no less than one equivalent to 13.5T for under £40
13%
Other (please comment)
56%

Total votes: 16

Rich
Average Member
Average Member
Name: Richard Ninness
Car: T2 008, X-6², V12

[POLL ADDED] The mardave championship discussion...

Post by Rich »

Well there was bound to be a thread about this so thought I may as well start it.

My personal view is to go with something like a Nosram ESC and 13.5T brushless motor as dean suggested. Example below:

Nosram Dragon Brushless Sport Motor 13.5T - £31.34

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFuncti ... emID=27905

Nosram Evil Brushless Reverse (Sensored) - £57.94

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFuncti ... emID=27655

Argument for:

Decent reputation and reliability (unlike mtroniks)
Cheaper than the mardave system
Far better system in terms of setup etc

Argument against:

Issues with scrutinising?

I think we've established than the 'brushed' class should be kept as it is, G2 motor etc etc to keep it simple for beginners.
Last edited by Rich on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Re: The mardave championship discussion...

Post by dogpinkscot »

found this on mtroniks web site

Each speed control from the Telemetry range will come complete with a programming card that will enable the user to adjust settings on a scale between zero and 100%! The most ground breaking parameter that you will be able to adjust will be the Capacity usage. This feature allows you to TELL your speed control how much of your precious Lipo battery packs capacity (in AmpHours) you want it to use before going into a limiting state! This will be the most intuative method of protecting your expensive battery packs the market has ever seen! More on this soon!

if are speedo,s have this softwar we might have a small problem
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Post by stox217 »

Rich wrote: Nosram Evil Brushless Reverse (Sensored) - £57.94

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFuncti ... emID=27655
Does it come with programing card?
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by stox217 »

Also i had no problem's running sensorless the odd glitch here and there thats because i dont have a power capacitator on the system so i will have to get one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ezrun-13T-Brushle ... 240%3A1318
Rich
Average Member
Average Member

Post by Rich »

stox217 wrote:Also i had no problem's running sensorless the odd glitch here and there thats because i dont have a power capacitator on the system so i will have to get one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ezrun-13T-Brushle ... 240%3A1318
There are probably a few kits available for less than the nosram one. I (and probably others?) would just feel much happier going for a more established name that I know I'd probably have no issues with.

As far as I know there's no programming card for the nosram esc.
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by stox217 »

yes there's a topic on another forum you might want to look at
http://www.rcracechat.com/vb/showthread ... post362632
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by stox217 »

But anyway what you need to do is set a price limit( or you might not need to) and a kvh rateing (you deffo need to) say a kvh rateing (of say 3000kvh) on the motor
Gazza
Forum Fisherman
Name: GAZZA
Car: Mardave V12

Post by Gazza »

Last edited by Gazza on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rich
Average Member
Average Member

Post by Rich »

'Mardave motor' being G1, G2 or brushless?
Gazza wrote:Now come on lads stop with the . . . I want . . . i want or I'm not racing :roll: :roll:
Nobody has said this? :?

I started this thread purely because there were a few people still unhappy with the 'rules' so it's better to discuss it on here and then the ideas can be brought forward in a club meeting or whatever.
Gazza
Forum Fisherman

Post by Gazza »

Last edited by Gazza on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

After yesterday afternoons discussion, I have seriously considered Quiting the Mardave Class, as I really did'nt see the point of making the leap from the existing Mardave G1/G2 Brushed Class, to a Backward Technology 'Sensorless' Brushless Class, which makes the Mardave alot more difficult to drive, due to the Throttle being either 'full on' or 'full off', making it practically undriveable!
I've NEVER been a fan of any of the Mtroniks Systems, but I was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt, when the new Mardave Brushless Sytem was released & was one of the first to order one! After a good couple of weeks of testing, with many adjustments to Gearing & Speedo Settings, I came to the conclusion that the System was just simply not suitable.......not fit for purpose! The whole idea of going Brushless, was for better reliability, more power, cheaper(in the long run) & practically no maintainance........unfortunately, this Mardave/Mtroniks System does'nt really fall in any of these catagories!
I honestly dont think its acceptable, considering its nearly £100........& Sensorless as well!
As I had them spare, I tried a Regular 'Sensored' Configuration in my Mardave yesterday, with a Std 540size 13.5T Brushless Motor(which is 3200KV)...........I was VERY pleased with the Results! :
My Mardave was far nicer to drive, giving me smooth, varible Throttle responce, making it precise & controllable round all the corners......how it should be! Speedwise, it had a fraction more punch than the Brushed G2 Motor, but it was almost identical down the main straight(to Mark & Zaks). It was also alot easier to Set-up, than the confusing Mtroniks version, which loses its configiration Settings, if you blip the Throttle(out of habit) when you've just switched it on!
I was using an LRP Sphere TC Spec Speedo yesterday, which is'nt cheap, & did'nt have Reverse........but I just tried the System out for a matter of intrest.
Personally, i think that it would be a better step forward for everyone, if we went in the 'Sensored' direction, like all of the other Classes(Touring, 12ths, Buggies etc), due to them giving far more precision/control, reliability & no maintainance.
It this were to happen, the Nosram Evil Brushless 'Sensored' Speedo & Nosram Dragon 13.5T Motor would seem to be the best Combo, at the most reasonable price, as you can get it for the same, if not less than the Mtroniks/Mardave 'Sensorless' System. I also think that there should'nt be any restrictions on what Speedo you use, as long as its got REVERSE, as there are plenty of other Makes out for Racers to choose.
I think the same should go for Motors........as long as its a 13.5T, you can choose whatever Make you like......eventhough, the Nosram is probably the best of the bunch!
SCRUTINEARING - I dont like the idea of the £40 Mardave 3500KV Motor being sealed......it might be an unusal thing to happen, but lets say that the Bearings completely seized/shattered in that Motor, you would have to go out & spend another £40 then, which is crazy! Atleast with a 13.5T Motor, you can replace the Bearings or Rotor if neccesary & clean the Motor out to keep it in tip-top condition.........surely thats more sensible & cost effective?
Gazza
Forum Fisherman

Post by Gazza »

Last edited by Gazza on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by stox217 »

Anybody had a go with it yet?
WARRENRYAN
I'm not a brummie I'm a Yam Yam!
Name: WARRENRYAN

Post by WARRENRYAN »

Hi guys. I know i dont race mardave any more' and notice'ing that you all not happy with the brushless system for the mardave. talking to rich saturday and both agreeing that it would be better if you could change the ESC. Well i do own the evil/dragon brushless sysytem which is in my pan car' the system cost me £109.00 which i know you can buy else where a lot cheaper. it has no drag brake facility so you would have to get use to shutting of the power a bit sooner. it nice and smooth and easy to set up. The 10.5 motor is not very fast to other motors on the market so the 13.5 is'ent going to be much better. :cry:
It would be good if this could be the system to use for mardave :lol:
WARRENRYAN
I'm not a brummie I'm a Yam Yam!
Name: WARRENRYAN

Post by WARRENRYAN »

How by the way' wheelspin models is 5mins from my house so if you want to cut the cost of the post. I can pick it up for you and bring it to the club :D