Grandad
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Ian Green
Car: Ford Focus Estate

Supastox?

Post by Grandad »

Hello,
Ryan was considering moving over to the 1/12 scale class, these supastox cars seem popular, but before I start ordering the wrong stuff I have a few questions!

I've been reading the hrccc construction rules 2012/13 and I'm not sure what applies. Looking around the internet, Schumacher type K131 and K132's are available. They seem to be designed for either a 1s lipo for the k131, and a 2s lipo for the k132. The construction rules seem to state that only 13.5T brushless motors are to be used with a 1s battery and only 21.5T brushless to be used with a 2s battery, but I may be interpreting that wrong.

So does that mean that if I end up with a K131 it has to have 13.5T brushless or the K132 has to have a 21.5T brushless?

what models/motors are people racing at hinckley?

Any suggestions appreciated.
regards
Ian
craig nutting
Average Member
Average Member
Name: crag nutting
Car: cat k1

Re: Supastox?

Post by craig nutting »

hi ian i think everyone runing in the gt12 class at hinckley is running a 1 cell lipo and a 13.5 motor and this is the set up i would suggest you run but its not the law and if you and ryan wanted to run 2 cell and 21.5 that would be fine. both kits would run ethere 13.5 or 21.5 you would just need to get the rite lipos to match the car that you got. core rc do a speedo 13.5 motor and 1 cell lipo all for under £100 and this would be a good set up, i shall be up racing on saturday if you wanted to have a chat or im shore any of the other guys running gt12 would be happy to help you out

cheers craig
Grandad
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Ian Green
Car: Ford Focus Estate

Re: Supastox?

Post by Grandad »

Thanks Craig.
Yes, the 1s setup does sound sensible, probably the best solution.

regards.
Ian