my mardave v12 keeps slightly turning to the right?????

kaylie
Name: kaylie

my mardave v12 keeps slightly turning to the right?????

Post by kaylie »

i have a mardave v12 and its been put away for a while but recently got it out and now its slightly turning to the right was perfect when i put it away how do i fix this im still at beginner level so if you know anything that will help comment please but not too scientific lol thanks would be a great help want to get racing again!!
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Re: my mardave v12 keeps slightly turning to the right?????

Post by Hail Ming »

Hello Kaylie,

Welcome to HRCCC and the forum...

Have you checked the steering trim on the radio set? - it could be slightly off.

Another reason could be a tight front right wheel, especially if its been standing for a while - it may need a little oil and the nut backing off slightly so that it spins smoothly.

If you're interested in racing - there's a meeting at HRCCC this Saturday afternoon.

Cheers

James
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC
kaylie

Post by kaylie »

ive oiled it and loosened the nut it doesnt seem to make a difference and the radio set seems to just speed it up or slow it down the faster i go the more it turns right
kaylie

Post by kaylie »

also to charge my batterys up i cant remember what amp to charge them at
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Post by Hail Ming »

Hello Kaylie,

Does the steering move at all when you move the stick left and right on the radio set? If not, you have a problem with either the steering servo or the servo horn/linkage.

If the steering is working ok and the car is just pulling to the right a bit when you go forwards, then you need to adjust the trim tab underneath the steering stick (move it to the left slightly).

The charging current depends on the type of batteries you have and their capacity - I assume you have some NiMH type cells probably with a capacity of about 3300 mAh - if so I'd charge them at about 3 - 3.5 amps.

When you test your car, make sure your battery pack is fully charged and the batteries in the radio set are also fresh/full of charge.

If that doesn't sort you out, you might want to come along to a race meeting so that we can have a look at the problem for you.

Cheers

James
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC