if im not working . i shud be there
Concept Racing
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Eric Wilcock
Car: XB8TQ, HB C12

Re: Who's running an F1

Post by Concept Racing »

I certainly will be thjere with mine, hopefully some of the others wil turn up as well, may even get a full heat if we are lucky
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Hi Guys,

I was very pleased to see a full heat of F1 cars racing on Satuday. I see this as a potential long-term class for Hinckley to host.

Interesting at the weekend I picked up an email from a distributor looking to Link up with us to jointly promote this class at Hinckley. This could be an excellent opportunity for us to grow support, so I wanted to gage how you all feel about running this class long-term.

I am being offered potentially valuable marketing FOC but possibly a control tyre and prizes etc if we take up the offer!

Let me know what you think.

Regards Dale
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

Dont want to seem anti new classes but we hardly had time on saturday to have proper finals for the classes we had there .The 10.5 guys looked like sardines on the rostrum and the mixed ability in the 13.5 due to only one final was a disaster. Also there were quite a few rtr guys missing which means there would have been two heats or 15 in a heat ?
dave smith
Name: David

Post by dave smith »

Dale wrote:Hi Guys,
I am being offered potentially valuable marketing FOC but possibly a control tyre and prizes etc if we take up the offer!

Let me know what you think.

Regards Dale

Well first you want an F1 thread of its own ?
:!:

What do you mean by

"I am being offered potentially valuable marketing FOC" . . . . . . . whats that consist of :?:

Prize's :D every one likes them. . . . . Tyres hmm like what

and the bit about a controlled trye there are Hpi / Tamiya / Corally / and 3racing Hows that gonna work :!:

I have read on race chat that Dez Chand is trying to get it going and that if the cars were all fitted the 3 Racing rear axle then the rear tyres is no problem but alas thats were it all starts

Any way there is a lot out there re the F1 along with a 8 round series
http://www.superproductioncup.co.uk/

HPI Formula Ten Challenge

This for the HPI F10 models, but also includes an Open class for Tamiya F103, F104 & F201 as well as 3Racing F109. The HPI Formula Ten Challenge will all run on HPI 'Bridgestone' Slicks, while the open class can also use Cross and Pit Shimizu rubber tyres. Both classes will run with HPI Saturn 27T motors. These cars are performance balanced and we believe looks set to become very popular and competitive classes

And if you guys dont know there is a NEW INDOOR venue opening in FEBUARY with a PERMINANT LAID CARPET its called Ardent race way at castle donnington

http://www.ardentracing.com/shop/track/

along with a few forums out there and one chap has already started a forum its not to bad Free to register
http://trackside.forumotion.com/index.htm

Then there is another one not to bad but its not as good as the one above
http://www.rccircuitcars.com/

alot to take in I know but its got to be worth it I think :shock:
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Thanks for the feedback.

One of the suggestions is a rubber tyre as mentioned however I did notice many running on foams, so I am not sure what the F1 guys think about this.

I see this class very similar to the Quick Silver which has been extremely popular and I see the control motor as a good way to ensure competitive racing.

Prizes yes and always a good draw, the support would also ensure we would be promoting the club further which is something we are keen to do.

Justin - I do take on board your comments regarding timing etc and this is something I am going to discuss with Roger. If we had more people helping with the track build and packing away we could spend more time racing for definite and we are going to look to start racing quicker. If you can help in the pits to drum up support for assistance then I am sure we can easliy accomodate more finals etc.

I do agree that the 1-.5 and 13.5 suffered on Saturday with numbers. With a tight track these classes really can only run 7-8 max in a heat.

Regards Dale
dave smith

Post by dave smith »

dogpinkscot wrote:Dont want to seem anti new classes but we hardly had time on saturday to have proper finals for the classes we had there ?

Well thats not down to the F1's is it :lol:

No there were 7 heats and a few Mardave drivers running in F1 and a few did not turn up but if they did then there would have been another heat and another final making it 8 heats like last week and the week before so its not down to the F1's is it . . . also THERE WERE 10 IN THERE HEAT :wink:

Its possable down to the weather and parking in the top car park and time getting set up and starting a bit late

BUT DEFFO NOT TO DO WITH THE F1'S
dave smith

Post by dave smith »

Dale wrote:Thanks for the feedback.

One of the suggestions is a rubber tyre as mentioned however I did notice many running on foams, so I am not sure what the F1 guys think about this.
I see this class very similar to the Quick Silver which has been extremely popular and I see the control motor as a good way to ensure competitive racing.
Regards Dale
Thats for the 8 round compition but the guys on Saturday ran Brushless motors and all ran on foam I dont know how many will do this 8 round meeting due to the controlled tyres and rubbish Brushesd motor

And " I am being offered potentially valuable marketing FOC but possibly a control tyre and prizes etc if we take up the offer!"

answer to above please " I am being offered potentially valuable marketing FOC " again like what

and a controled tyre Who are they and why do they want to do this. . why did they not ask the drivers who were running and why send it to you ?
Dont want to sound bad here but why do people do this. . . ask the ones running the cars not the office secatary

Sorry Dale it gest my back up does this any way you look good in a skirt and stockings :lol:
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Not sure about looking good in stockings! lol

The reason they came to me is because I am the contact point for HRCCC as Chairman. As such my first reaction is to gauge the feeling from the members to see if this is the direction you guys want. I am concious that foams/brushless seemed to be the route many took, but I want to get a feel for how many are going to support this week in week out and in what format. Also with the support of a supplier we have a chance to attract new members to the club.

If the members want to keep it as it is then great, as a club we would all be happy with this, but the whole idea of these forums is for all the F1's to have a say and help us direct proceedings, so please contact people you know and ask them.

I am going to email this to Eric at Concept as I know he will have contact with many running and can get a feel for what people want.

Dave not sure about your fixation on the whole 'help promoting the club on offer etc' - don't worry about this.

Regards Dale :D
dave smith

Post by dave smith »

Dale got ya PM

Also replied to it 8)

And to all Im not "Gazza "

but I did have a very intresting chat with him on Saturday and if you want to know more like I did go and Have a Chat with him you will be suprised I know I was

Yes I am a member on here and this is An ALIAS LOL why . . . .well lets just say Gazza said try it and see

Guess what He was not wrong
Dave