Touring Car Racing 2009

Stock and Modified
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

Touring Car Racing 2009

Post by Wacker2 »

Hi guys,

As its only a few months before we go back indoors, I thought I'd put a post on to get peoples views on Touring Car Classes and what Motor people would like to be running.

Last season saw the Touring Car numbers reduce to an unusually low level, and alot of peoples opinion is that this is highly likely to be down to us only running a stock class.

We want the 2009 indoor season to be as successful as the 2009 outdoor buggy season, and we want to entice alot of the touring car drivers that left last season to return. I beleive that the only way that this will happen is if we progress from the current stock touring car class and introduce a very competitive 10.5 turn / Lipo class - This should bring alot of the competition back to the club as this is becoming the most popular class of 1/10th Touring car racing.

This is not to say that I am suggesting to make the Stock class redundant... I feel we still need to cater for this class to maximise the clubs potential.

I have spoken to a few guys at the club now about this, and the general opinion is that we try to promote the 10.5 class to put HRCCC back on the map as a top indoor club.

I will be looking to return to 1/10th Touring Cars for the 2009 indoor season, and I certainly will be wanting to run 10.5 as I beleive this will provide the speed, the competition and the high standard of racing that we've loved over previous years.

So, I open the floor.... Please post your opinions - we are only about 8-9 weeks away from being indoor again and before we know it it will be upon us, so lets start preparing now and make the next indoor season the best that HRCCC has ever seen!

Cheers guys, Jon!
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Re: Touring Car Racing 2009

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi there,

I shall be concentrating on the Touring Car Class ONLY, when we go back Indoors, around September time. :shock:

I really enjoyed the Lipo/13.5T 'Stock' Touring Class last Year, but I did feel towards the end of the Season, that the Numbers of Racers were dropping, due to the Club not offering a 'Super Stock' Class, which most other Clubs cater for.

I know in the past that the Club had a 'Modified' Class which was highly Competitive, but some Members thought that they were Too Fast for Indoors..............I think that it would be highly beneficial & a good Compromise for HRCCC to have a new Lipo/10.5T 'Super Stock' Touring Car Class(but still retaining a Lipo/13.5T Class as well), for the 2009 Winter Indoor Season, as this will cater for the more Experienced Racers, who want abit more out of their Cars........it will also prepare them for other Events, like the British Indoor Winter Series at Don Valley & the Schumacher Series at West Bridgford.

Obviously, I'll go with the flow on what all of the Clubs Touring Car Members decide, but I really would like to do the Lipo/10.5T 'Super Stock' Class this Year! 8)
zak.finlay
Name: Zak Finlay
Car: schumacher mi3.5

Post by zak.finlay »

Great idea i'd definitely be up for this and i think it will attract more people to come and race at the club.
Schumacher uk/*Mi3.5/*Mardave V12:)
wackyracer
Getting started
Getting started
Name: craig gibson

Post by wackyracer »

Great idea id defo be up for 10.5 if we have the number :D
rob
Name: Robert
Car: XRAY T2 08

Post by rob »

I currently run 13.5T at other clubs.

I am a potential new member and I am coming to try your club on 19th September as I was assuming you would be running 13.5T in your winter series.

I would be put off if you did not include 13.5T or if you ran 13.5T in the same championship or race as 10.5T.
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi Rob,

Its great to hear from another Club Racer who feels like giving Hinckley Radio Control Car Club a try, for the Winter 2009/10 Indoor Season :D

I'm not sure if you got abit confused by some of the previous Posts, but HRCCC will ALWAYS have a 13.5T Stock Class for Touring Cars, which is still very Popular here.............we were just asking if other Racers were intrested in having a 10.5T Super Stock Touring Class as well.

13.5T & 10.5T Classes would be run in seperate Heats/Championships

Having BOTH Classes wil be highly beneficial to the Club & its Racers :D

See you on Saturday 19th September 8)
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Hi Rob,

Just to confirm what Dean has told you. We have a very strong following of TC indoors at Hinckley and often have top National and International drivers as well as complete beginners. As we want to encourage both and all in between we are going to be introducing 10.5t for the high end however we will still have a strong following for the 13.5t.

Last year we had around 6 heats of TC and I would expect more this year with around a 50/50 split between the two classes.

Hinckley is now one of the premier venues for indoor racing in the winter as we offer a professional meeting run by BRCA main man Roger Cosgrove and we encourage and promote a great racing atmosphere as well. You will love it at the club and we always welcome new faces.

Look forward to meeting you on the 19th.

Regards Dale Knight - Chairman :D
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Post by Hail Ming »

Hi Folks,

If anyone is interested in having a go at the new Tamiya/RTR touring car class - there will be a Club Car (a Tamiya TT01 Type E) available for use shortly (i'm currently building it - hopefully I'll have it ready for the meeting on the 3rd October).

A similar system will be in place for the use of the car as with the Retro Racers vintage buggy class over the summer - the car will be loaned out free of charge subject to the usual race fee. Availability is secured via pre-meeting booking on a first come basis - all bookings will be managed by Dale (subject to confirmation).

Cheers

James
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Yep if anyone wishes to book this car they MUST email me to confirm to be first choice. It may be available on the day but dont take it for granted!!

Regards

Dale

p.s. big thank you to Richard for donating this car to the club.
Wacker2

Post by Wacker2 »

just to let people know, I have decided to go back to what I know, and by that I mean 1/12th pan cars. Therefore, I will have up for sale my new Schumacher Mi4 at a bargain price.

The car has only run at Hinckley for 2 meetings and at West Bridgeford for 1 meeting... Not a mark on it.

Drop me a text on 07969 885 663 if you're interested.

Thanks, Jon!
Eddystone
Name: Richard Dobson
Car: Tamiya TA05v2IFS

Post by Eddystone »

Dale wrote:Yep if anyone wishes to book this car they MUST email me to confirm to be first choice. It may be available on the day but dont take it for granted!!

Regards

Dale

p.s. big thank you to Richard for donating this car to the club.
Umm - Dale - I think it was James aka HailMing who donated the TT-01E Tamiya touring car to the club. Credit where credit's due.
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

AHH,

For some reason James seems to be sticking in my mind as Richard...........................I think this is because I know him as Ming and only getting used to name now!! lol

You are right and it is thanks to James Carroll for the car being donated.

Kind Regards

Dale
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Darren Lee

Post by DazLee »

I thought I would add this touring racing related video.............the last 15-20 seconds are quite amusing!

B.I.W.S - Don Valley 8th Nov 2009.

Just follow the link below or paste this into your browser!

http://www.youtube.com/user/chequeredfl ... QxfXAt8FwA

Nice one Dean.......what a finish!
Wacker2

Post by Wacker2 »

DazLee wrote:I thought I would add this touring racing related video.............the last 15-20 seconds are quite amusing!

B.I.W.S - Don Valley 8th Nov 2009.

Just follow the link below or paste this into your browser!

http://www.youtube.com/user/chequeredfl ... QxfXAt8FwA

Nice one Dean.......what a finish!

"This aint the Dukes of Hazzard!"
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Post by Hail Ming »

Awesome Dean - that's the way to finish a race. :wink:
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC