Stock and Modified
Grandad
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Ian Green
Car: Ford Focus Estate

tcxx spares

Post by Grandad »

So I thought I'd have another go at touring car racing. I now have a pre-owned tcxx which I need to locate a few bits to get running.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a mail-order supplier, as the few I've used in the past don't seem to do much HPI stuff.

From a quick look through the instruction manual, i think I need most of 'Bag H'. Specifically, step H-03 from the book, which is all of the servo mounting hardware screws, servo posts, servo arm and ball and some odd looking bits part numbers 68281a/b (not sure what they do)! plus all of the screws/washers shown in the diagram.

Am I likely to be able to buy the complete 'servo mount kit' from somewhere or have I got to try and source each individual item?

regards
Ian
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Re: tcxx spares

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi Ian,

Part No 68281 is the Servo Saver Set & the funny looking Bits with it are the various Inserts that you use, depending on which Manufacturer of Servo your Installing in the Car.

For the rest of the Parts you Require & any extra Spares you may want, the best Shops that carry the majority of the Parts for the HotBodies TCXX, are Wheelspin Models & Demon Power Products............they both have very good Online Shops to Order from! :D
Grandad
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Ian Green
Car: Ford Focus Estate

Re: tcxx spares

Post by Grandad »

Thanks Dean,
I'll have a look at those suppliers then. That demon power products you mention rings a bell from somewhere in the past.

The last car I raced was a tamiya TT01. With those you could just buy the separate bags, although you ended up with having to get an entire 'sheet' of spares even if only one item was required! Ah well, another learning curve I suppose!

regards
Ian