Nosram Matrix Evolution ESC - No Boost Mode

Stock and Modified
deaks
Name: Scott Deakin
Car: T2 009

Nosram Matrix Evolution ESC - No Boost Mode

Post by deaks »

Hi all,

I just want to check I am legit in the 17.5T class with the ESC I have. I *think* it's the old Nosram 90750. It has 'Nosram Matrix Evolution' on it and is about 4 to 5 years old. It is definitely not the 'Spec Racing' one as I also have that from my old 13.5T stint a year ago. I have checked and it's not included on the BRCA legal list.

The question is, does this ESC have any form of boost or dynamic timing advance that would make it unsuitable for the 17.5T? I am thinking of just getting a new ESC to be safe, but would rather not pay £50+ for something I don't really need, especially since it seems about on the right pace.

Cheers,
Scott
"Sponge and a bit of Jam"
Ian_Smith
Committee
Committee
Name: Ian Smith
Car: Schumacher Mi4LP

Re: Nosram Matrix Evolution ESC - No Boost Mode

Post by Ian_Smith »

Scott,

I agree that you were on pace with others that were running "blinky" speedo's, I was watching your progress and you had nothing extra down the straight or out of the corners. I don't know what program setting you had it on, or gear ratio but it looked OK to me.

I think for club racing (at Hinckley at least) we can be pretty relaxed about the speedo's, obviously if you have a speedo that supports "blinky" then that is what you should run but if you have an old pre-timing advance speedo that doesn't give that extra boost then I for one haven't got a problem with it. I know that Chris Child also runs a speedo that doesn't blink. Obviously if you wanted to run in the BRCA Clubman's Nationals then a legal speedo would be required.

Both Chris Forrest and myself are running HobbyWing Justock speedo's which are true fixed timing "blinky" only speedo's, Chris bought his a few weeks before Christmas for about £35 I think. I've been running mine on punch level 3, he on level 7 or 8, I don't think there is much between us on the track.

Ian
Schumacher Mi4LP / Hobbywing Justock / Speed Passion V3.0 17.5
"Speed is nothing without Control" - wish I had just one of 'em! :-)
Webmaster
The website guy
Name: Ben McQueen
Car: Xray T2 09

Re: Nosram Matrix Evolution ESC - No Boost Mode

Post by Webmaster »

For reference, I have a Nosram Matrix Evolution ISTC or something like that... :lol: I haven't noticed my car being any faster the the other 17.5t blinky speedos down the straight.

Mine does have "XPS.2 brushless power profiles" (1-8) but I think this is just a punch setting. Not a clue what mine's set to. I haven't touched it since I had the thing.