Tekin Turbo Off

Stock and Modified
MeBeMikey
Name: Michael J.
Car: Xray T3 2011 spec

Tekin Turbo Off

Post by MeBeMikey »

Going to try turning the Turbo function off. Going to test it during this week. We don't really need it in the first race of the day anyways. Everytime turbo kicked in did catch up to those infront of me but went way wide. I should of listened to Darren when he said he slowed his car down for the bottom of the straight. I was just too excited about flying up on him but then only to see him fly away in the infield. :roll:

I only run 40 timing and 15 turbo at the moment. Will try 55 timing and zero turbo and see what it does.
Xray T3 2012 spec: Tekin RS, Futaba BLS551, Orion and MooreSpeed lipos
Associated B4 w/X6 conversion and B44
Spektrum DX3r
MeBeMikey

Re: Tekin Turbo Off

Post by MeBeMikey »

But first i'm going to try turbo ramp on 3 tomorrow night to see just what the difference is.
Spektrum DX3r
MeBeMikey

Post by MeBeMikey »

Tried the turbo ramp in three...brill on fast very high grip tracks but on normal grip to no grip it's not worth it. Point 2 seconds faster. Back to 2 for Hinckley, if I ever use turbo again.

Last night I set my car up on 50 timing and 8.0 drive ratio. No turbo added. Boy was it a lot better and it was only 5 degrees timing less than when I ran turbo. No more was I on and off throttle so much with the turbo kicking in. Motor came off at at the hottest at 62deg. Some races i was even in the low 50s. In the final I was trying to catch Dean with his new LRP SXX Stock Spec v2. Man that esc is smooth. I even dropped my throttle minimum to 5 to smooth my Tekin out but it made no difference. So i think it must be my ratio causing so much torque before the timing kicks in.

Saturday, I'm trying FDR of 7.6 and no turbo. Basically, 21/84 in an Xray t3. I'm sure it will be no problem. I'm thinking I might end up around 7.25 22/84.

Btw: I was only catching up to Dean cause his battery gave up the ghost last night. And i thought my driving was getting better. :shock:
Spektrum DX3r
MeBeMikey

Post by MeBeMikey »

MeBeMikey wrote:Tried the turbo ramp in three...brill on fast very high grip tracks but on normal grip to no grip it's not worth it. Point 2 seconds faster on high grip. Back to 2 for Hinckley, if I ever use turbo again.

Last night I set my car up on 50 timing and 8.0 drive ratio. No turbo added. Boy was it a lot better and it was only 5 degrees timing less than when I ran turbo. No more was I on and off throttle so much with the turbo kicking in. Motor came off at at the hottest at 62deg. Some races i was even in the low 50s. In the final I was trying to catch Dean with his new LRP SXX Stock Spec v2. Man that esc is smooth. I even dropped my throttle minimum to 5 to smooth my Tekin out but it made no difference. So i think it must be my ratio causing so much torque before the timing kicks in.

Saturday, I'm trying FDR of 7.6 and no turbo. Basically, 21/84 in an Xray t3. I'm sure it will be no problem. I'm thinking I might end up around 7.25 22/84.

Btw: I was only catching up to Dean cause his battery gave up the ghost last night. And i thought my driving was getting better. :shock:
Spektrum DX3r