Tekin Start and End RPM's?

Stock and Modified
MeBeMikey
Name: Michael J.
Car: Xray T3 2011 spec

Tekin Start and End RPM's?

Post by MeBeMikey »

Was just doing some research on my Tekin and realised that the person who set my controller up did not changed the start and end RPMs to what they were running. It's still set on default. So,what are you all running?

I was as 20016 and 54??. Now I am 17500 and 4???. My original settings were brill at every track I went to, even got 1st place at Ardent on Tuesday night but everyone in my class was .2 or.3 faster than me. I'm hoping changing start and end numbers will speed me up.

Thx
Xray T3 2012 spec: Tekin RS, Futaba BLS551, Orion and MooreSpeed lipos
Associated B4 w/X6 conversion and B44
Spektrum DX3r
Martyn
Name: Martyn Ross
Car: XRAY T4 14

Re: Tekin Start and End RPM's?

Post by Martyn »

What makes you sure that it's the speed of your car costing you 2-3 tenths?

Your car always looks rapid to us, so maybe you need to think about your racing lines?

I dumbed my speedo down for the last final on Saturday, yet i equalled my best lap time. So speed is not the be all and end all, though does feel good :D

Martyn
MeBeMikey

Post by MeBeMikey »

On Hinckley's track its quite fast but Ardent they catch right up on my tail so wondered what everyone else was running.

At Ardent in he final I was 1st place through most of the race with some really good drivers. I was slowest overall but I made almost every apex perfect to keep them behind me. I was told that it was my consistency and accuracy in the race that won it. Link below to results. Got lots of claps at the end of the race as they kept catching up to me and then falling back. My spread is only .37 comparing fastest lap to average.

http://www.ardentracing.com/raceway/res ... nal_03.htm

I also just found out that i was running a droop of 1.5 front and 3-4 rear...don't ask...lol... I thought that setting down stops at a setting of 6 front and 5 rear set the droop at 5 and 6 but it only massively reduced it. Wonder what my new droop settings of 6 front and 5 rear are going to do to my car? It's what Kyle runs and if I don't like it, it's an easy fix back to my old settings.
Last edited by MeBeMikey on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spektrum DX3r
MeBeMikey

Post by MeBeMikey »

BTW I do need to improve my racing lines. Your are absolutely right about that!
Spektrum DX3r
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

mj do you know what the turbo and boost are .....turbo is measured in deg of timing and so is boost

the turbo comes in at your start rpm and ends at your end rpm so if your running 45 deg of timing and lets say you start at 5000 and end at 15000 thats a 10000 rpm timing band so divide 10000 by 45 and you get 222 ...............that means every 222 revs between 5000 and 15000 your speedo adds 1deg of timing per 222 revs

add on top of this turbo lets say 10 ...this adds another 10 deg of timing onto the 50deg but only at full throttle after delay

ramp alters the aggressivness that all this happens hope this helps you with your settings

avoid low start rpm,s with high ramp of 3 ....we are running gearing 8.37 turbo 50 ...ramp 2 ...turbo 12 ... delay 0.02...throttle profile 3 :lol:
MeBeMikey

Post by MeBeMikey »

I'm quite similar:
Timing: 40 (if I go higher I go slower)
Turbo: 15
Ramp: 2
Profile: 3 or 4 (ardent)
Endbell timing: 0
FDR: 8.4
I have even done 50t/10b & 45/10 £ 47/12

Playing with start and end now. Dean changed his to low numbers at Leamington and it increased his speed. Dunno why my car is so fast like everyone says. I did try a new MoreSpeed 50c lipo and my car had some massive torque. Right now I run a 50c 4400 MuchMore lipo, 2 seasons old and raced 3x week. Waiting on the new 65c's to come out.
Spektrum DX3r
MeBeMikey

Post by MeBeMikey »

Just got a new MoreSpeed 50c 5000 lipo. Comparing it to what I have now it is night and day. A little bit more speed but the torque massively increased. It changed the balance and feel of my car but still good lap times tonight. Had to reduce throttle start from 15 to 10 and went from a 19t pinion back up to 20. Fdr back to 8.0

Still going 65c when they are out.
Spektrum DX3r
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

put you gearing at 8.4 and your car wont bog down at high turbo and ramp settings :lol:
MeBeMikey

Post by MeBeMikey »

I had changed from 8.4 to 8.0 today. I ran 8.4 the 2 weeks before with good results too but I went to 8.4 'cause of my lipos punch. When I went to my new lipo I was able to go back to 8.0 as it was very punchy. I will go back to 8.4 next week to see what it's like. My car was very rapid a the bottom of the straight as I was able to get right back up on anyone who was in front of me. Problem though, sometimes I missed the apex. Infield was very good too. Will change the gearing, see what it does with the new lipo and if still too fast I will slow the turbo. Very happy with it's performance though, 27 laps and a 10.98 fastest lap.
Spektrum DX3r