Gluing Tyres Back onto the wheels?

Stock and Modified
MeBeMikey
Name: Michael J.
Car: Xray T3 2011 spec

Gluing Tyres Back onto the wheels?

Post by MeBeMikey »

I bought some new tyres this weekend and raced them sat and sun without checking them all weekend. On Saturday my car drove brilliant but had to fix a few setup issues. Sunday, car was dialed but over heating at 95 degrees. I changed my rotor back to the stock one. The 13.0 rotor didn't like hi revs. Temps dropped to 60. In the final on Sunday my car drove like crud. I hated it. I looked my car thinking something was wrong and saw nothing.

Then today I had my car up on blocks and hit the throttle and all 4 tyres were unglued. It vibrated. I see you guys gluin your tyres but how soon do you usually glue them back up again? I use to not have to reglue my slower touring car's tyres for weeks on end. I'm guessing it's this new speed I have that's blowing them off?

Michael
Xray T3 2012 spec: Tekin RS, Futaba BLS551, Orion and MooreSpeed lipos
Associated B4 w/X6 conversion and B44
Spektrum DX3r
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Darren Lee

Re: Gluing Tyres Back onto the wheels?

Post by DazLee »

Hi Mike,

Did you run at Ardent on Sunday?

I have found that the high grip conditions at Ardent can tear the sidewall after only a few runs. Its not so much the tyres coming off the rims but the sidewall actually ripping.

If I am going to run at Ardent I will glue the tyres straight out the packet....just to add a little extra strength to try to prevent this ripping.

If I am using them at Hinckley it could be 2-3 weeks before they need glueing if they need glueing at all.

The best bet is just to check them after every couple of runs....make sure they are securely fastened....and if you're not sure then just run a small thin bead of tyre glue around the join between the tyre and wheel.

Hope this helps
Thanks
Daz
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

13mm rotors are illigal ive got one but have never used it for that reason.plus no one knows how to gear them.
Ian_Smith
Committee
Committee
Name: Ian Smith
Car: Schumacher Mi4LP

Post by Ian_Smith »

dogpinkscot wrote:13mm rotors are illigal ive got one but have never used it for that reason.plus no one knows how to gear them.
What's that got to do with Gluing Tyres back onto the wheels? :lol:
Schumacher Mi4LP / Hobbywing Justock / Speed Passion V3.0 17.5
"Speed is nothing without Control" - wish I had just one of 'em! :-)
Gazza
Forum Fisherman
Name: GAZZA
Car: Mardave V12

Post by Gazza »

its his age :lol: :lol: :lol:
MeBeMikey
Name: Michael J.
Car: Xray T3 2011 spec

Post by MeBeMikey »

Practiced at ardent today. Really got the car setup well. I know it's different grip levels but I have one set of shocks set up for ardent and another for Hinckley so easy fix. Will post my setup in the setup section after this weekend's racing.

Tyres stayed glued today but only drove 3 times for 5 min. Still shocked at how well this car handles. I see how it makes better drivers. It turns when yah want it to!
Xray T3 2012 spec: Tekin RS, Futaba BLS551, Orion and MooreSpeed lipos
Associated B4 w/X6 conversion and B44
Spektrum DX3r