13.5 scrutineering

Stock and Modified
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

13.5 scrutineering

Post by dogpinkscot »

Can we have some sort of motor check next week if people are running 10.5 or less ...say at the start of the day it makes it a lot easier for everyone...james has been chasing at least one car today thats running a 10.5 I spent all day trying to get more speed handling only to find it was an unfair playing field....cheers :evil:
disco41
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Andy
Car: TT-01e, B4

Re: 13.5 scrutineering

Post by disco41 »

I think there are more than one or two running motors they shouldnt youre right they shud be checked at booking in time
About as good at marshalling as driving !
treasurer
Treasurer
Treasurer
Name: Roger Cosgrove

Post by treasurer »

Interesting

Are you offering you help a club scrutineer?

Booking in is very straightforward - drivers tell me what class they wish to compete in and I book them in. Drivers may be entered into a class with a different motor, but they do not score any points.
(The actual lap times between a 10.5t and 13.5t at our club are very similar and the two motors can easily be mixed in a heat.)

If you can supply the name of the driver who ran 10.5 instead of 13.5, I will remove his results from the championship

It is always best to sort out these issues on the day with all parties present

:evil:
hb-dom
Average Member
Average Member
Name: dom mcgee

Post by hb-dom »

i was running a 10.5 on sat and declared it to roger at the start of the day,
just seeif if i could drive a tc after being out of it for a while, which didnt go sucessfully :oops:
i had the car geared so it was even the 17.5 could pull me in on the strait.
how about having scrutinering before the one of the qualifings and before one of the finals,
id be more than happy to help out with that in a class or so, im sure some other would offer to help aswell.
Martyn
Name: Martyn Ross
Car: XRAY T4 14

Post by Martyn »

End of the day it's a club meeting and not the world championships :shock: No need for srutineering.

Well someone could check the car of that Kyle Branson kid, he's way to fast :lol:

Martyn
disco41
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Andy
Car: TT-01e, B4

Post by disco41 »

Martyn wrote:End of the day it's a club meeting and not the world championships :shock: No need for srutineering.

Well someone could check the car of that Kyle Branson kid, he's way to fast :lol:

Martyn
You're right of course if someone is way too fast they are only kidding them selves!!

And like me when they are way too slow i just get in the way :lol:

Cheers Andy
About as good at marshalling as driving !
Eddystone
Name: Richard Dobson
Car: Tamiya TA05v2IFS

Post by Eddystone »

And then there are some of us who are way too fast and get in the way - how does that work??!!

Seriously though formal scrutineering shouldn't really be necessary. We're racing to have fun and racers should be honest and upfront about what they're using when checking in - as Andy said they're only cheating themselves. If you doubt a car is in the right class then I'm sure a quick word with race control and somebody will be able to check it out. Get the doubt out in the open ASAP - it can be sorted there and then and save anyone getting worked up about it.

Richard
treasurer
Treasurer
Treasurer
Name: Roger Cosgrove

Post by treasurer »

Thats it then - its official

Club racing is for fun, lets enjoy

see you all next week

8) 8) 8)