Looking at spares supplies for Tamiya Hotbodies Schum & Xray

Stock and Modified
MeBeMikey
Name: Michael J.
Car: Xray T3 2011 spec

Looking at spares supplies for Tamiya Hotbodies Schum & Xray

Post by MeBeMikey »

Seems Tamiya has them all beat with spares supply, albeit you need a big stock of supplies with TRF products. One bad crash and you're in bits. I'm starting to lean towards Tamiya again. Hotbodies in short supply and so is Xray. What's up with supply? I cannot find drive shafts for my Dad's last seasons Hotbodies Tc. At Ardent they were out of Xray's T3 drive shafts. But Tamiya, tons of spares available.
Michael
Team BritUS
Xray T3 2012 spec: Tekin RS, Futaba BLS551, Orion and MooreSpeed lipos
Associated B4 w/X6 conversion and B44
Spektrum DX3r
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Re: Looking at spares supplies for Tamiya Hotbodies Schum &

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi Michael,

There has been abit of a Shortage of Spare Parts over the last couple of months, with various Manufacturers

.........not exactly sure why, but the rumour going around suggests theres been an issue with one of the Main Factories in Japan, that Makes all kinds of Parts for the majority of the RC Manufacturers!

I think that the worst is over now, as many Hobby Shops are Starting to have Stock coming thats Arriving in dribs & drabs!

I know that HPI Racing UK is Expecting a Big Delivery of Stock very soon, for various Models, including the Hot Bodies Cyclone/TC/TCX Touring Cars, which will then be Available from 'Wheelspin Models' & 'Demon Power Products'(usual HPI/Hot Bodies Stockists) a day or so after that - or Eric from 'Concept Racing' can Order in what Parts you specifically Require! 8)

If your really stuck for Parts at the moment & are Prepared to Order from Abroad, I would recommend 'Speedtech RC' in the USA, as they have the majority of Parts in Stock for the Hot Bodies Cyclone TC/TCX & Tamiya 416/417 Cars & Delivery is pretty Quick - usually Arrives within 2 Weeks! :shock:

Another alternative for Hot Bodies Cyclone Driveshafts is to get hold of some Tamiya TRF Steel 44mm Driveshafts(Part No 54078), then Remove the Dogbone Pin(as the Tamiya TRF Pin has a Smaller diameter than the Cyclone/TC's making it too small for the Hot Bodies Outdrives!), Drill the hole out slightly & then Install the Pin from your old Cyclone TC Driveshafts - they are then a Perfect Fit & being Steel they should never break! 8)
............I've been told that its not the easiest job to do though! :(

Tamiya Spares maybe easier to get hold of at the moment - I suppose that they have to Make as much as possible to keep up with the Demand.........cause they wear out in 5minutes! :lol:

Only kidding! :oops:
Last edited by Wacker1 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Concept Racing
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Eric Wilcock
Car: XB8TQ, HB C12

Post by Concept Racing »

Looks like Concept Racing doesnt exist then!!! its a local model shop based in Hinckley amazingly enough. we do have HPi and Tamiya accounts and are willing to do deals if customers spend enough as stated in a previous post regarding club members discount.

Posted last year for all club members

I would like to offer the Members a Club Discount, the deal will be any orders placed through the forum either via a PM or placed on this thread,

Orders over £50 to £99 recieve 5% discount
Orders over £100 recieve 10% discount,

30% deposit for orders over £100,

Any orders placed can either collected from the shop on a Friday or I can deliver them to the club on a Saturday.

Deposits paid to Paypal prefered: sales@concept-racing-rc.com

This offer is only open to Club members, unless you want to join the club to enjoy this offer and attend for at least 3 race meetings.
No discount can applied for items bought trackside, offer only through forum, phone, email, or in person
Many Thanks

Eric Wilcock
Ben Cosgrove
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Ben Cosgrove »

Looks like Concept Racing doesnt exist then!!!

Apparently not........when was the last time the shop went to the club to promote this offer????

Support the club and the club will support you
HPI/Hot Bodies/Maverick/Merlin/Optifuel/GM/Muchmore UK/CustomBlitz/Hudy
Martyn
Name: Martyn Ross
Car: XRAY T4 14

Post by Martyn »

Think the spares are coming, though a peice at a time by carrier pigeon :lol:

Shocking really that parts are in sort supply. I'm in a similar boat, new car but cant get hold of critical spares. Oh well best not hit anything!

Martyn
MeBeMikey
Name: Michael J.
Car: Xray T3 2011 spec

Post by MeBeMikey »

Well, I was Gunna get Tamiya, 2 hours from hitting the buy it now button, and then factored in some additional spares and found out that I could actually almost buy 2 Xray 2011's. So that is what I am doing. Waiting on a phone call now for total price for:

2 Xray's
Pinions
Spurs
Tekin with programmer
Shock oils
Maybe new motor. I have an X12 13.5. But need I need to get a 10.5 but dunno what other motors to try.

The reason for buying two cars is that I always end up with a glutten of spares. I am going to build both cars. One car I will harvest from. When I do harvest from it I will know what spares I need and then fix it. So I always know I have spares for every part.

Thanks for all your help.

Michael

Anything else you can think of that I will need for this car? I currently have good electronics besides my esc.
Xray T3 2012 spec: Tekin RS, Futaba BLS551, Orion and MooreSpeed lipos
Associated B4 w/X6 conversion and B44
Spektrum DX3r