Cheap Racing ....... 17.5

Stock and Modified
hb-dom
Average Member
Average Member
Name: dom mcgee

Cheap Racing ....... 17.5

Post by hb-dom »

ive just been looking for a cheap motor so i can start racing in the 17.5 class if it takes off :mrgreen:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/17-5T-1900KV-1-10 ... 5d2ca7b50b
i know its proberbly pretty crap, but for under 20 quid its not exactly going to break the bank. I may just get one to see what its like. There is also a sensorless one for under 15 quid :P
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Re: Cheap Racing ....... 17.5

Post by dogpinkscot »

hi dom you might be on to a winner here it might be a motor we can all use in the series so no one has an advantage you cant go wrong at that price nice one dude :wink:
hb-dom
Average Member
Average Member
Name: dom mcgee

Post by hb-dom »

there is another design of it aswell which is the same specs,
you cant exactly moan about the price can ya :mrgreen:
MeBeMikey
Name: Michael J.
Car: Xray T3 2011 spec

Post by MeBeMikey »

Might be jumping into this class to help get it going. Can the motor itself have adjustable timing? Or does it have to remain on zero? Timing is always a fun thing to play with. It's good exposure to what timing does. In silver can there is no exposure, so maybe the next jump is adjustable timing ON MOTOR ONLY.

Just an idea. What cha think?

Michael
Team BritUs
Xray T3 2012 spec: Tekin RS, Futaba BLS551, Orion and MooreSpeed lipos
Associated B4 w/X6 conversion and B44
Spektrum DX3r
Ian_Smith
Committee
Committee
Name: Ian Smith
Car: Schumacher Mi4LP

Post by Ian_Smith »

Michael,

The class is in theory to be run to the rules of the new BRCA Clubman series, whenever they get published :) With that in mind, and especially if anyone intends taking part in that series in the Summer, I would recommend getting a motor that appears on the BRCA homologation list of 17.5t motors (http://domain3190026.sites.fasthosts.co ... %20pdf.pdf). Currently there are only 4 motors on the list and all allow (I think) adjustment of the timing, although speaking to Roger on Saturday it seems that some other motors have now been submitted to the BRCA Electric Board for inclusion in the list.

Currently, I am running a cheap (£45) Speed Passion UltraSportsman unit that has fixed timing (and not on the BRCA list), and it would be interesting to see how it performs against higher spec (and more expensive) motors, although the speedo will probably have more of an effect. Chris Forest has an LRP motor on a Tekin RS on "Spec" or "Stock" mode, and when we compared RPM of our respective motors he had the edge of just a few hundred RPM (mine was in the 19,000's his in the 20,000's), which probably won't make a blind bit of difference on a 3 to 4 second straight :D

Ian
Schumacher Mi4LP / Hobbywing Justock / Speed Passion V3.0 17.5
"Speed is nothing without Control" - wish I had just one of 'em! :-)