3 degrees rear toe. TRF 416 or Lookie likey one :-)

Stock and Modified
MeBeMikey
Name: Michael J.
Car: Xray T3 2011 spec

3 degrees rear toe. TRF 416 or Lookie likey one :-)

Post by MeBeMikey »

Just took apart my Tamiya TA05ifs and rebuilt the whole thing with TRF416 suspension with 4 degree aluminium C hubs and the plastic hubs on the rear that came in the upgrade kit. Unfortunately, the aluminium rear hubs I took off had 1 degree of toe and when I put on the plastic ones I lost 1 degree of rear toe, so I am only left with 2 degrees.

Does anyone have a rear +3 degree toe bar thingy for the rear of a TRF416 I can just borrow on Sat? I have ordered one but I doubt it will be here by Sat.

Thanks
Michael
Xray T3 2012 spec: Tekin RS, Futaba BLS551, Orion and MooreSpeed lipos
Associated B4 w/X6 conversion and B44
Spektrum DX3r
jayst
Name: jamie cheshire
Car: T D . 210,410.408

Re: 3 degrees rear toe. TRF 416 or Lookie likey one :-)

Post by jayst »

hi mike do u know the block letter u need ?

u need these blocks for 3 deg 1XA/1E . i may have some m8

ill have alook 2moz and let u know

jay
jayst
Name: jamie cheshire
Car: T D . 210,410.408

Post by jayst »

i have both blocks m8 if u need to borrow . let me as im not racin sat but i can pop them down to u
MeBeMikey

Post by MeBeMikey »

Got it sorted. Thanks to mr postman. Thanks for letting me know the block numbers. Totally annoying trying to find out which one will create the correct degree of to in. 3 racing ones just say +1 +2 +3.

Going out to Ardent for the day. Getting in all this practice and set-up time seems to help quite a bit. The new TRF416 suspension has narrowed my car by 4mm (can widen back with spacers) and I have set the front suspension up long and the rear short to see what it does. I heard some talk that a few people had their cars set-up that way. I'm hoping for my car to finally handle much better with all the slop gone in the suspension and drivetrain. Front and rear use to wobble by 5 degrees. Now it's very minimal. Last thing to do is grind down the long axles.
Spektrum DX3r
MeBeMikey

Post by MeBeMikey »

If yah do pop by I will borrow those bits from you. I bent one of my rear 1 degree axle carriers at Ardent. No worries if yah don't make it over Or don't get this message as I think I will only be able to make one of the finals tomorrow. I hadn't cut down the axles and I touched the wall and it bent it back about 20 degrees. Also, my temps are waaaaay down. Think my old bearings had seized up some. Now when I let off the throttle my car roooollllls much further.
Thanks!
Spektrum DX3r