Just saying hello

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
Sedge
Name: Andy
Car: Durga

Just saying hello

Post by Sedge »

Hi guys hope you're all well.

I thought i'd just post a little message to say hello and ask a couple of questions.

I've recently started looking to get back into some RC fun after a many year break. I grabbed myself a lil Tamiya buggy a little while back to get some bashing done and maybe some racing when i can steer using a trigger controller. Anyhow, I was interested to come see you guys one weekend as i only live 5 mins away. If i were to grab me a stock Tamiya tt-01 or some such would that be okay for one of your classes? If so is there anything else i'd be needing, not looking to get too serious or costly tho ^^ Would i be alright just to call in one weekend?

On another note, do any of you know of good places to practice in the area? I'm limited in garden space and on a main road.

Anyhow, i hope i've not asked too many silly questions and i'll look forward to racing with you in the future.

Sedge.
Eddystone
Name: Richard Dobson
Car: Tamiya TA05v2IFS

Re: Just saying hello

Post by Eddystone »

Hi Andy,

Welcome mate. Go on grab yourself a stock Tamiya touring car - TT-01 or whatever is going cheap on eBay and come down and join us. There is a new racing class intended specially for Tamiya cars with stock silver can motors that is new for this winter season. I believe the club may also have a loan TT-01E that you could borrow for a race meeting if you just want to have a go ( assuming James has built it yet!! ). The people like myself racing in this Tamiya class are out for a fun afternoons racing. We don't take things too seriously and we have a good laugh. We raced Retro Tamiya buggies outdoors over the summer and this class is hopefully going to bring the spirit of the Retro indoors for Winter. The cars are cheap and the racing should be close. This Saturday is the first scoring round of the season, but visitors are welcome to join in the racing any weekend, that's not a problem. I can't be there myself this weekend due to work commitments but if you call in seek out any of the "Retro Racers" and I'm sure they'll make you welcome. Hope to be racing next weekend myself so see you there!

As for kit - car, controller, batteries, mains fast charger & cash for snacks! should be all you need to start. Extra sets of crystals can be handy - a deck chair to make yourself comfortable between races is a bonus.

Richard
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Post by Hail Ming »

Hi Andy,

Like Richard I'm also one of the chaps that races the vintage buggies and will be trying my hand at the new Tamiya/RTR touring car class this autumn. You'll love it - nothing too serious - just a bit of fun on a Saturday afternoon.

The Club Car, as referred to by Richard, is currently in its constituent parts, but should be race ready by next week's meeting (3rd Oct). Unfortunately I'm not racing this week either - my excuse is a wedding.

But by all means pop along tomorrow afternoon to get a feel for the place, you'll find we're a friendly bunch.

With regard to a practice track - you might be able to run a few laps around Bedworth's on-road track if there's not a meeting on, but don't quote me on that. For off-road, I think you might be limited to the park (I'm pretty sure Coventry Car Club (Baginton) has a policy of no practicing on their track unless you're a member).

If you have any further questions - just ask.

Cheers

James
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Hi,

Just to say thank you for your interest in Hinckley.

The new Tamiya class should be an intersting series this year and I would not worry about your standards after a break, as we pride ourselves on welcoming and catering for all stanards of driving from a 5 year old starting to the 2007 TC World Champion Andy Moore coming down to race!

ANything you need to know just drop a line on the forum and someone will help you or you can personal message me if you prefer.

Would be good to see you down the club racing.

Regards

Dale Knight - Chairman
Sedge
Name: Andy
Car: Durga

Post by Sedge »

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies ^^ I was hoping to get down and see you this weekend but my better half informed me that her birthday dinner was more important. I suppose she has a point. I'll be nipping down this weekend instead if that's still okay? It's been a 17 year break for me so it seems like i'm starting from scratch again. It's still good fun tho.

I shall take a look on the net for cheap car to get me going, building them is fun ^^

Hope to see you soon.

Andy
Eddystone
Name: Richard Dobson
Car: Tamiya TA05v2IFS

Post by Eddystone »

Andy - of course it's OK for you to pop down this weekend. Looking forward to meeting you. Normal club racing is on Saturday which is when the Tamiya class will be run. There's also the Mardave Grand Prix on the Sunday which is a pre-booked event, though all are welcome to come and have a look.

Don't worry about the 17 year break - until I started racing again at the beginning of the year I'd been away from racing for over 20 years! A few things have changed - mainly the use of handout transponders for lap counting - they were new to me, the last time I'd raced we shouted out the cars numbers as we passed race control and someone pressed the appropriate keys on an old computer! The club is friendly and no doubt you'll be enjoying the racing again in no time at all.

Richard
Neil1967
Average Member
Average Member
Name: Neil Martin
Car: Mardave, Yokomo MR4

Post by Neil1967 »

Hello there although i dont race at Hinckley although i wished i did i would like to also says HELLO.