AGM 2008

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Re: AGM 2008

Post by Dale »

The way outdoors works is if it is damp, we try to race. If it is soaking - we may call off on the day.

No chance of the gymm, sorry!
WARRENRYAN
I'm not a brummie I'm a Yam Yam!
Name: WARRENRYAN

Post by WARRENRYAN »

You know what would be cool? if the club could have the hall for when it rains and have astro turf laid down for indoor buggy racing. NOW THAT WOULD BE COOL !
Webmaster
The website guy
Name: Ben McQueen
Car: Xray T2 09

Post by Webmaster »

It's just the indoor track markings are a bit dangerous to buggies from my experience. :(
WARRENRYAN
I'm not a brummie I'm a Yam Yam!
Name: WARRENRYAN

Post by WARRENRYAN »

oh. i still think it would be cool :wink:
Rich
Average Member
Average Member
Name: Richard Ninness
Car: T2 008, X-6², V12

Post by Rich »

Webmaster wrote:It's just the indoor track markings are a bit dangerous to buggies from my experience. :(
lol I rememer when we used to race buggies indoors on foams with touring car springs, if you hit any of the markings you ended up with a snapped wishbone!

How many people did the outdoor racing last year? Not sure if there is one but it may be worth doing a poll to see how many people will be doing it and what classes they'd be racing in? Probably best doing this nearer the time...
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Hi Richard,

Yes I do remember the indoor buggies!

There were 29 drivers in total that raced last summer, but we averaged a turn out of 20-22.

We have around a further 10 which are buying buggies and we will be advertising the racing on the Mirage Website etc.

I expect we will be running 2WD only and attracting numbers around the 30-35 mark, which would be great. Hopefully a couple of Mardave heats also would mean around 50, and that would be megga.

We are planning to have a BBQ on race days and we like the more relaxed approach, so get a buggy and spread the word!

Regards

Dale
jayst
Name: jamie cheshire
Car: T D . 210,410.408

Post by jayst »

dale 2wd only . wots that all about , just got rid of my x-6 . well u will be 3 shorter if u run 2wd only . me and my 2 m8s who where there last year with there 4wd . couldnt u run 4wd heat instead if people r gonna moan 2wd and 4wd running together . :D
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Hi Guys,

I am happy with a 4WD class as we want to encourage people to race on Saturday's regardless of 2WD or not. If there was enough of you to run a separate heat then great! If not, we can mingle you in with the 2WD, and your points would be separate etc.

I think once this is promoted, there might be more 4WD coming out of the wood work. My advice would be to spread the word now and try and build support.

Separate heats would mean say 5 as a minimum, but with the numbers being as we are hoping for, I don't think a heat of only three would be too much of an issue, as long as you don't mind runnning a long way to cover two marshall points! lol

Might even look at a 4WD myself.....

Regards

Dale
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Post by Hail Ming »

Not forgetting drumming up support for a Retro heat of buggies... 8)
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC
jayst
Name: jamie cheshire
Car: T D . 210,410.408

Post by jayst »

i was talking to andy lappin last saterday he was interested in 4wd and if jack runs his cat aswell theres ur 5 or maybe more if some of the coventry lads come over aswell .