AGM 2008

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
Webmaster
The website guy
Name: Ben McQueen
Car: Xray T2 09

AGM 2008

Post by Webmaster »

Just to give an idea of the agenda so far:

>Mardave Modding
>Club Tyre Truer
>Buggy Regional

Of course if any members want to talk about additional things can post here (I'll print this topic out and bring it to the AGM) or bring it up on the day.
Thanks,
See you at 11am.
mrc
Average Member
Average Member
Name: chris child
Car: Xray 009

Re: AGM 2008

Post by mrc »

if there are any proposals for alteration to the club constitution or rules please send it to me, chris child ( chris8823@aol.com ) proposed and seconded by club members. any other general items can be discussed under AOB.
cchild
WARRENRYAN
I'm not a brummie I'm a Yam Yam!
Name: WARRENRYAN

Post by WARRENRYAN »

will the trophy's be given out for the last season at the meeting
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Post by Hail Ming »

Building on the successful return of 2WD buggy racing to the club over the summer, I've had an idea to add an element of interest and nostalgia to this class. My proposal is to run a heat of vintage buggies from the 80s era.

The ethos of the class will be to promote fun, fair and competitive racing; appealing to driver's early racing experiences and encourage the participation of new/junior racers. The rules will need to be developed, but should be kept as simple as possible and in the spirit of the class.

As an example of the above, I suggest that racers will have the choice of running either a 19 Spec brushed motor (in keeping with the 'Old School' theme) or a 13.5 brushless motor (to include and encourage integration with the latest technology). It is hoped this accommodation of 'Old School' and 'New Tech' will provide similar performance levels and make for exciting and inclusive racing...

The class will be open to any 2WD buggy from the 80s or the current selection of re-released models e.g. Tamiya Frog. Popular cars are likely to be the original RC10, Ultima and JRX2, which are still widely available on ebay at reasonable prices.

In summary, the intention is to encourage racers back to their roots and present a unique class that could help raise the club's profile. As such, I'd like to raise this idea at this Saturday's AGM and would like somone to second the proposal.

Cheers

James
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi James,

I think that it would be a great idea for the Hinckley Club to incorporate a 'Vintage 2WD Buggy Class', for next Summers Off-Road Season.
Now that everyone knows that the Hinckley Club will be Buggy Racing again, through the Summer months of next year, it gives all of its Members plenty of time to sort one out, as many did'nt realise or have time to organise a Buggy for this years Season.........I may also add that Buggies are fairly reasonable to buy(even brand new) & can be found very cheap secondhand on a well known Auction Site, so even the Young Racers that are currently running Mardaves on a budget over this Winter Season, could just transfer their Radio Equipment/Motor into one & join in on the Fun & Competition of Off-Road Buggy Racing!
I also think that having the Outdoor Buggy Racing at the same Venue as Hinckley Clubs Indoor Meetings(JCC), will strengthen the Club evenmore, as we wont be reliant on anyone else/other Clubs, like we had been doing over the previous Summer Seasons!...............I DO think that the Buggy Racing should be every week through the Summer though, as everyone is use to a Weekly routine, after doing the Winter Series.

I had an Email from Tom Yardy(West Midlands Off-Road Region Rep/2008 2WD Regional Champion)this morning,
regarding the possibility of the Hinckley Club holding a Regional Off-Road Meeting next year, which would be fantastic opportunity to promote the Club & its Members!.............Tom will hopefully be attending our Clubs AGM on Saturday 8th November!

Regards,

Dean.
Last edited by Wacker1 on Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Hail Ming »

Nice one Dean,

Something to discuss in more detail at the AGM...

Cheers

James
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Hail Ming »

Unfortunately I'm not well today and will be unable to attend the AGM... :(

I'd be grateful if someone could raise my Retro Buggy racing idea for discussion.

Cheers

James
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Hi James,

I think this is a good idea, however, you will need to gather support for this to ensure a heat can be catered for. I know that Steve who owned D&S Models in Markfield had a selection of these retro cars and he might be interested in selling them...

Just a thought!

My early thoughts are that we will be running each week and I am currently working on a sponsor for the summer series to promote the events!!

Watch this space.

Regards

Dale
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi Dale,

I'm pleased to hear that your thinking of making Hinckleys Summer 2009 Off-Road Buggy Season a WEEKLY Event, as I think that this will create a higher turnout of Racers, due to them all carrying on the regular weekly routine from the Indoor Winter Season..........the extra Meetings will also help, if any have to be cancelled due to poor Weather conditions.
If Hinckley Club is going to hold one of the Rounds of the Mid-West 2WD Off-Road Regionals, I do think that we need to make some adjustments/repairs to the Ramps we had made over this last Summer.i.e lengthening the Lap Counting Ramp & upslope & downslope of the Table Top(as they were far to steep!) as well as adding some extra support, to stop them from warping from the Weather. I think that we need to have a couple more Ramps made as well........maybe have some kind of Rumble Strips made too.
Holding a Regional Event will put us on the Map in the Off-Road scene, bringing in other Racers from various Clubs around the Country, which will make us stronger as a Club, due to bringing in extra money & benefiting its Members!
A 'Vintage' or 'Retro' Class sounds like fun to me, but I think that we should just concentrate on getting as many People as possible to participate in the Buggy Racing first, as many have never experienced the fun of Off-Road Racing!
Anymore thoughts on a Rostrum?

Regards,

Dean.
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Post by stox217 »

Also another thing
i was chatting to Dale and he brought up running mardave's on the tennis court's over the summer month's
has anything come up about this i would be happy to support this class as its something new :mrgreen:
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Hi (not sure the name of the person for the last posting)

I am considering the possibility of racing Mardave's in the summer on the tennis courts when buggy meetings are being planned. We have two loops, so it would mean two tracks could be catered for.

Before both Scott and I make a decision on this I would need to know what levels of support we may have for this. Also, if you want to race this class (as with the buggy drivers), it would be a case of the Mardave people setting a track up and then taking it down at the end of the day....

The tennis court has been tested and provides a good level of grip. I would give some thought as to how to mark a track out which will stay in place on the surface. Not sure if our markings could be taped down?? Your suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

Dale
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by stox217 »

Hi i was the guy next to you on the 15th of november
the guy who borrowed a lead for a power supply?
running a mardave clear lexan body shell
ring any bell's?
I would love to support this class as its some thing new
Would it work the same doing it like the buggy track?
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Hi,

I know who you are now!!

The buggys will be racing outside on the grass down the bank with race conrol next to the tennis courts. My plan suggestion is the Mardave's could race in the tennis court and use the same track markings as indoors (we do not use these for the buggy track).

Regards

Dale
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by stox217 »

:D
Gazza
Forum Fisherman
Name: GAZZA
Car: Mardave V12

Post by Gazza »

Just a thought if its a wet day can we still use the indoor Gym :?