Videos, any thoughts?

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
Grandad
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Ian Green
Car: Ford Focus Estate

Videos, any thoughts?

Post by Grandad »

Anyone have any thoughts on the videos?
Should they try and document each final, like I try and do for the indoor season, or should they be just a selection of clips from the meeting without trying to follow any particular race?

How about sound? The mic on my camera isn't brilliant and tends to pick up sound from all directions. I like to try and record the sounds of the cars wherever possible, almost every video I've done has the sound track filtered to remove low frequencies which helps minimise wind noise outdoors and the 'boomy echoey' characteristic of the indoors hall. I try and edit out the occasional bit of 'bad language' but I don't usually have the time to sit down with a pair of headphones and listen carefully to every second of the audio of every race, so maybe some noise that should be edited gets missed.

Maybe members are perfectly happy with the videos as they are?
Perhaps they have no value at all and should be discontinued?
Maybe somebody else would like to do them?

Any thoughts?
regards
Ian
retro_ryan
Getting started
Getting started
Name: ryan

Re: Videos, any thoughts?

Post by retro_ryan »

Hi Ian,
I think the videos for the indoor season are excellent in the format that you are using i hope you will continue to record them, i'm sure everyone appreciates your time and effort. Maybe someone else can comment on the outdoor season.