POSSIBLE CLASSES OVER THE WINTER INDOOR SEASON

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

POSSIBLE CLASSES OVER THE WINTER INDOOR SEASON

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

There had been some Brief Discussion in another Section of this Forum, some weeks back, regarding Classes for Hinckley Clubs 2014/15 Indoor Winter Season, which Starts in just a few weeks now - SATURDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER

Over the Summer Period, while we've been Racing our OffRoad Buggies, there have been quite a Number of Guys asking if it would be possible for the Hinckley Club to Cater for a Buggy Class over the Indoor Winter Season.
Many of the Racers intrested in doing this Class, have already taken into Account that we have a great Indoor Facility & some good Carpet that we don't want Damaged in any way!
If they were to Run, then they've mentioned the Following Rules for Indoors :

1, SHOCK PROTECTORS MUST BE USED
2, A NOMINATED REAR TYRE USED

The Tyre that the Guys have put forward to possibly use as a 'Control' Tyre is the Recently Released Venom 88 Produced by Schumacher :

As you can see, its nothing like your usual MiniSpike Tyres, so they wouldn't hurt the Carpet in any way...........they've actually been Designed for Indoor use & apparently a few Clubs in the Tamworth & Leamington Areas have been using them for some time now, on Carpet & had great Results!!

Obviously, with us Accommodating for other Classes Indoors(OnRoad), the Buggy Heat would just be on Flat Carpet & have NO Ramps/Jumps at all...........just 'Old Skool' Buggy Racing, like it use to be!!

Does anyone have any thoughts on Including an Indoor Buggy Class this Winter??

As many of you Guys already know, I'm a keen Buggy Racer, but personally I have no Intensions on Racing a Buggy Indoors myself, as I shall be Racing Touring Cars through the Winter months. I'm just putting forward what many have asked for................& at the end of the day, we're always looking to Improve Numbers of Weekly Racers!!
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Re: POSSIBLE CLASSES OVER THE WINTER INDOOR SEASON

Post by dogpinkscot »

Not wanting to put a downer on this idea but with the introduction of a new tyre for this season ..the ride tyre as used at all major winter series...the use of buggies on carpet brings up a layer of fluff as we know from other clubs that have done this.The new ride tyre is all about putting down grip on the racing line..and to do this is hard enough with only a few people running them per week....Im only speeking for myself and james but hinckley for us is all about practice for the big meetings that is why last year we ran sorex 32,s running buggies along side would mean there would be no chance of simulating race conditions ....or a similar grip level to major events.......im not speaking for other members but i would like to here the views of other drivers ....thank you
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Some good points there Justin & James! :gdpost

........apparently, Schumacher have also Re-Released Foam Tyres for Buggies, would they be better Tyre choice??

What about the Current Classes??.i.e any Tweaks for this Season??

The current GT12 Classes appears to be running the same Rules as last time - 13.5 Blinky/1s Lipo, which is great!

What about Touring?

Modified Touring is full 'Open' Class anyway, which is also great!

The Bigger Debate is 'Stock', as most Clubs & the Large Events around the UK have appeared to have gone down a different Route for the 2014/15 Season, with Classes/Tyres etc!
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Darren Lee

Post by DazLee »

Hello everyone,

A couple of points I would like to raise,

1. I think the classes raced at the start of the year should be as follows;
GT12 - Standard rules
TC Stock - 17.5 blinky
TC Super stock - 13.5 blinky
TC Mod - Anything goes

I have tried 13.5t blinky.........and will probably choose to run modified this year.

2. An indoor buggy class would be a great way to bring in more members / racers, and in these difficult / testing times (low numbers) we need to attract as many people as possible.

The fluff generated by buggies is mainly caused by the minispike / minipin tyres used previously.
I am led to believe that the new venom tyre eliminates this.

If you are going to introduce rules for the buggy class, we need to control the front tyre as well, its no use having a treaded / foam tyre on the rear axle and then run minispinke / minipin tyres on the front as it will still affect the carpet for the GT12 / TC classes.

Maybe foams all round on the buggies? Then it will have no more affect on the grip levels than the GT12's do?
Maybe treaded rubber all round.?

The critical factor is not damaging the carpet, the shock towers need to be covered also.

Thanks
Daz
Martyn
Name: Martyn Ross
Car: XRAY T4 14

Post by Martyn »

If our club has some members who wish to race buggies in an on-road environment, then maybe the forum is a good place for them to voice their own opinions and experiences running indoors on carpet?

Personally I feel the class would be a fad, but if they was to run, then foams my be the best bet?

Martyn
jayst
Name: jamie cheshire
Car: T D . 210,410.408

Post by jayst »

think id be interested in running buggies with the venoms , foams are too much hassle , few friends of mine use them at there local club which run tc on the same night .