Autumn 2013 - Indoor season

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
Grandad
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Ian Green
Car: Ford Focus Estate

Autumn 2013 - Indoor season

Post by Grandad »

As you may have noticed, the Club Secretary has drawn attention to the fact that our 2013 Autumn indoor series schedule has been published.

I know my Grandson's and I are relatively new members of the Club, but I still remember the disappointment we felt a couple of times, when loading up the car, arriving at the venue, hanging around for half an hour or so, only to be told that the meeting was cancelled due to not enough people turning up (at JCC).

I was wondering if it was possible/practical to ask Club members whether to indicate whether they had the intention, or no intention, of attending the weekly meeting. Whether this was done on this Forum, or the Facebook pages, whatever is decided most suitable. Then maybe a decision to run the meeting or not could be made in a timely manner and published, as was done last year on the occasion of bad weather.

Any thoughts?
regards
Ian
Ian_Smith
Committee
Committee
Name: Ian Smith
Car: Schumacher Mi4LP

Re: Autumn 2013 - Indoor season

Post by Ian_Smith »

Ian,

Generally we see a drop off in numbers towards the end of the Winter Series as people start to move to outdoor racing. Myself and Chris Forrest ran the last two meetings of the last Winter Series for a much reduced number of racers, and I think we did make a call to drop the last meeting (announced during a meeting rather than on the day) because of this very reason.

I like the idea of gauging interest for a meeting up front. It would be great if racers could provide an up front intention of racing to be able to make the to race / not race call early, preferably before Friday night (several racers have a an hour or two drive to attend our meetings so a Saturday morning call would not be sensible or fair). However, how many people would subscribe to such a thing would be interesting! In reality though as stated in the opening paragraph, the issue tends to come to a head at the end of the Winter series, so perhaps just gauging interest for the following weeks meeting could be done as we did this year.

Ian
Schumacher Mi4LP / Hobbywing Justock / Speed Passion V3.0 17.5
"Speed is nothing without Control" - wish I had just one of 'em! :-)