Grandads videos

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
Grandad
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Ian Green
Car: Ford Focus Estate

Grandads videos

Post by Grandad »

Hi all,
As you may have noticed, the last few weeks i've been recording video of some of the races at Hinckley, uploading them to youtube and putting links to them in the forum.

If you've seen any of them, you will know that the format is about a 10 second intro which is usually just a pan of the back of the rostrum, 5 minutes of racing where I try and follow what i think are the key points of the action, then 5 seconds shot of the results board to finish.

I was going to carry on doing them after Easter until the end of the season, but before i do, I was wondering if anyone had any comments/suggestions?

Is it worth doing any more video or not? Is it better to follow just one car? Any thoughts?

regards
Ian
BazzerH
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Barry Hearn
Car: MI4CX cougarSV GT14B

Re: Grandads videos

Post by BazzerH »

I've really enjoyed watching back some of the races. The quality and editing is really good I think. As for what to concentrate on during the race that's always going to be tricky. I think you've got your shot frames pretty good though as even when you're following some other cars I can still see a fair bit of my own car going round on other parts of the track. I for one hope that some more vids are going to be taken. Some of the buggy races coming up would be great too. Some nice sunshine for lighting would be welcome too :D
Ian_Smith
Committee
Committee
Name: Ian Smith
Car: Schumacher Mi4LP

Post by Ian_Smith »

Ian,

I must admit for myself I find it impossible to offer any criticism (constructive or otherwise) as I feel that what you have done is excellent. I think that you have got the content just right, I do not think focusing on just a single car would be better. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching back some of the qualifying and finals that I have been involved in - It is a real eye opener sometimes as you see things in a different light (and from a different angle) to how they were percieved whilst driving the car!!

Keep up the good work - I for one appreciate the time and effort that you are spending putting together these videos.

Kind Regards,

Ian
Schumacher Mi4LP / Hobbywing Justock / Speed Passion V3.0 17.5
"Speed is nothing without Control" - wish I had just one of 'em! :-)
Grandad
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Grandad »

Thanks both for your comments.

I enjoy doing them, so will continue with the format as is, for the time being.

Apart from the problematic lighting, the other thing i wish I could improve on is the sound. I think the commentary from Race Control really helps the video along. But because of the nature of the Hall, it records as all echo and boomy! I've tried to process the sound recording afterwards but can't really reduce the echo. I suppose the only way would be to connect an audio recorder directly to the audio amp.

regards
Ian
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Darren Lee

Post by DazLee »

Hi Ian,
Just repeating what the others have said really. Really enjoy seeing the videos and think you are doing a gret job with them.

Thanks for taking the time to record and edit them, and keep up the good work.

Darren
Grandad
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Grandad »

Thanks Darren.

regards
Ian
Grandad
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Grandad »

It seems like a good time to take a break from doing the regular videos.
Thanks for letting me do them, its kept me busy.
regards
Ian
retro_ryan
Getting started
Getting started
Name: ryan

Post by retro_ryan »

Thanks for recording the videos Ian and the time and effort to upload them , hope to still see you down at the racing, Ryan
Martyn
Name: Martyn Ross
Car: XRAY T4 14

Post by Martyn »

Hi Ian,

Thanks for putting in the time over the season, I for one have really enjoyed viewing the footage from the finals.

Hopefully we will see you back next season :D

Thanks again.

Martyn
Grandad
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Grandad »

Yes, I should have more spare time again after this summer.
Until then, I'll probably just come down and watch the finals for an hour or so.

regards
Ian