Indoor.

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
keithm
Average Member
Average Member
Name: Keith Marson
Car: superstock,BMax2+4

Indoor.

Post by keithm »

I know we are still a little while away from going back indoors but has any classes been decided yet? :?
Ian_Smith
Committee
Committee
Name: Ian Smith
Car: Schumacher Mi4LP

Re: Indoor.

Post by Ian_Smith »

I've booked the Sports Hall, we start back indoors mid-Sept. We will be having an 11am start with first race on line at 12:00. Obviously I will post sooner the time.

Classes - I assume will be same as last year QuickSilver, 17.5 Blinky, 13.5 Open (all Tourers), and 1/12th GT (ex-Mardave, to include Mardave AND Schumacher Supa Stox or whatever it's called). I imagine that if a heat of 1/12th pan turn up we'll have those too. Obviously NO Buggies.

Ian
Schumacher Mi4LP / Hobbywing Justock / Speed Passion V3.0 17.5
"Speed is nothing without Control" - wish I had just one of 'em! :-)
Fludey
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Paul Flude
Car: Losi22, V Dezign5.1

Post by Fludey »

If you have a heat of 12th will you run for 8 mins, even if it meant 12th had one less round?
Losi 22. V Dezign 1/12th 5.1
Let's Race :)
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Darren Lee

Post by DazLee »

Hi All,

I am not sure about the 13.5t open class this year. A few of us (Myself, Dean etc...) have been discussing perhaps doing 10.5t blinky. This is basically the same speed as 13.5t boosted but just much nicer to drive.
(I secretly tested 10.5t blinky 3-4 times last year and no-one really noticed)

I am very keen on this idea as I have a number of 10.5t motors from running outdoors, and no 13.5t motors as they all well...melted!!

I will also be running my new Supastox car a few times if numbers are good enough. Can someone in the know please confirm the rules we will be running to? I plan to run 1s lipo and brushless so just need to know what turn motor I need to acquire!
As mentioned previosuly I have a number of 10.5t motors so if you want to say 10.5t Im sure my wallet would really appreciate it...!!

Aside from my personal plans, I believe pretty much as Ian said and the classes will more than likely be:

Quicksilver Touring
17.5 Blinky Touring
10.5 / 13.5 Touring (Still to be decided)
GT12 Class (Mardave 'vs' Supastox) - Possibly 2 categories but run together. (Stock G2...etc & Mod Brushless)
12th Scale Pan (Probably can allow 8 min races - 3 qualifiers and just one final) - One race less!

All are welcome and can be incorporated in some way and if you can get 4 or more of a particular class we can probably put on a seperate heat.

Thanks
Daz
mrmps
Name: Ben Jackson

Post by mrmps »

Hi all.

Myself & hopefully one or two Bedworth TC racers are also going to be trying 10.5 turn blinky over the winter.
I've run 17.5 blinky in my TC all year at the BRCA Clubmans/Bedworth/Stafford etc but after running 6.5 turns in my 2wd buggy all summer 17.5 turn now feels a bit slow, but I've really enjoyed the throttle & braking feel (Well, we don't really brake much in 17.5 blinky do we :-) !

I don't want to do 13.5+boosted so 10.5 blinky is the next logical alternative.

I had planned to run it alongside 13.5 boosted & am not fussed if I don't pick up championship points at any track as long as I enjoy the improved throttle feel I get from blinky !

It'd be good to race it at Hinckley too so hopefully there will be a few of us with the same idea :-)

Regards

Ben Jackson