Important announcement

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
Ben Cosgrove
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Important announcement

Post by Ben Cosgrove »

Dear HRCCC member and potential new members

Your hard working committee have been looking at the possibility of buying a container for the JCC venue.

We have encountered some problems with this which has meant we have needed to look into other ‘possibilities’ with regards to the buggy racing.

Currently the best option in our eyes is to move venue just down the road to the Hinckley Rugby Club. Leicester Road, Hinckley, Leicestershire LE10 3DR

Before we can commit to anything we would really like you our members to come and have a discussion with us about the new venue and we need to be able to agree on any volunteers to be able to come and help to get the venue up and running. Without help from club members we will not be able to do this.

We would like to have a meeting at the Football Club bar (entrance nearest to the roundabout) at 7-7.30 PM TUESDAY 19th APRIL 2011. TOMORROW NIGHT.

We would really appreciate it if you could make the meeting as we have lots to discuss if we are to make your and our club better.

We will have the agenda available for tomorrow evening and we look forwards to your continued support in the club.

This is open to all members, it doesn’t matter if you race buggy or TC you are still a member of our community.

Indoor racing will NOT be affected by this outdoor venue change.

As we are meeting in a bar they could be funny about under 18’s and they also have a ladies darts night on the same time as we will meet there.

We are still planning to start racing on the 14th May 2011 but to be able to hit this we need to pull together and make it happen

See you tomorrow night.

Could you please contact your friends you race with to help get this message to all, we don’t have a full list of email addresses and time is short to get the message out.

Kind Regards
Ben Cosgrove
HPI/Hot Bodies/Maverick/Merlin/Optifuel/GM/Muchmore UK/CustomBlitz/Hudy
JamesG

Re: Important announcement

Post by JamesG »

I'll be there
wackyracer
Getting started
Getting started
Name: craig gibson

Post by wackyracer »

ok ill be there cu there
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Darren Lee

Post by DazLee »

Evening All,

I have spent some of today looking into the rostrum, flooring and handrail etc......

Basically, the best option appears to be a steel expanded mesh floor.....this is a special 'raised' expansion that should make one side quite grippy even in the wet. Its made from 2.5mm thick material so will be easily strong enough.

This will be in Mild steel so will need painting to prevent rusting.
(It comes as 8 x 4 sheets so 10 sheets will cover the whole area - 40ft x 8ft)

The Handrail will be made from 1" Diameter galvanised steel tube joined with galvanised Kee Klamps.....designed specifically for use as a handrail system.

The structure will be fixed to the top of the container using a series of bolts and welding.....the mesh will be 'tack' welded in place to stop it from moving.
The handrail will be removable if ever we needed to move the container......as requested by Dale.

The handrail will fit all the way around the container.....with uprights every 8ft.....obviously with a gap for access from stairs.

I can have all this arranged (Materials) within 2-4 working days.....and can arrange for myself and a skilled welder / fabricator to install this on a saturday or Sunday once the container has arrived.....we reckon we can get it all done in a day.

Now the painful bit.......It was suggested that the budget for this would be £1000 MAX.........well, Its inside that. Its going to be approx. £950 as we are looking at some serious weight in steel. (This includes VAT on all the parts but with a polite word with the boss I may be able to 'lose' the VAT) Potentially......£800ish total......but £950 worst case.

This does not include the stairs.........If we are to get stairs from coventry I need to know the dimensions (width) so can allow for them.
If you want me to draw something up and get a price.......I can do that tomorrow.

Let me know if you want to proceed, when the container will be arriving and Craig Nuttings mobile number so I can contact him.

Any questions just reply or PM me.

Thanks
Daz
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

That sounds pretty good, I'm up for a bit of painting.

Is it worthing thinking about having a section that may be removed pretty easily in the future to allow for an additional set of steps to be added in the future? Alternatively we could go for some double with steps from the start.
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by DazLee »

Hi James,

That can be incorporated from the start......for not much difference.....if any in the cost.

Alternatively...It could easily be modified / changed in the future for an almost insignificant sum of money.
Its basically just remove bits, cut them and rejoin them!!!

Thanks
Daz
Concept Racing
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Eric Wilcock
Car: XB8TQ, HB C12

Re: Important Announcement

Post by Concept Racing »

Any updates about this, I know some went down today to mow the grass and see how the ground is underneath, its a bit bumpy but nothing a bit of work would solve, is there a plan of action yet, time is running short.
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by DazLee »

Rostrum price has been quoted, and material availability checked. See post in general chat.
Just waiting on an answer as to whether I should proceed and when the container is likely to arrive.
thanks
Daz
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

We need to confirm the exact location for the container with the rugby club and get the footings sorted.
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

Any progress?

I'm not sure if there are any emails being circulated but my email address is BungleaioATme.com if you could include me on the circulation. Cheers :n1
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by DazLee »

Alright James,

Dont think anyone knows whats going on.....!!!

Had a chat with Craig Nutting earlier and he seems to be doing his best to sort it all out and get it all moving......but from what I can see and what I have heard is getting very little help / information from anyone!!!

The way things are going.....I would be surprised if the club will be ready to race buggies by Summer 2012....!!!

Can someone please update the members on whats going on?
Has the container been arranged?? When is it arriving??
Has the ground been sorted for racing as when I visited yesterday it looked very very rutted! I wouldnt want to drie a tractor on it to be honest.....nevermind a £1000 model car!
Have the footings / base been sorted for the container?
Have we a definite location for the container so I know where we can fit a staircase?
Can someone advise the budget to add a staircase on to the rostrum as the one from coventry is a death trap!!!???

Sorry guys but I am not even racing buggies this year...if ever again but seem more motivated to get this done than the guys that are planning on racing!!!!

Thanks
Daz
Gazza
Forum Fisherman
Name: GAZZA
Car: Mardave V12

Post by Gazza »

and for us dissabled people what about a LIFT :D
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

Gazza has raised a valid point with regard to disabled access. I know the equality act prevents disabled people being put at a disadvantage but I'm not sure how it applies to private clubs.

I can have a look into it unless someone knows.
Webmaster
The website guy
Name: Ben McQueen
Car: Xray T2 09

Post by Webmaster »

I've merged the two topics so it's all in one place.
Concept Racing
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Eric Wilcock
Car: XB8TQ, HB C12

Post by Concept Racing »

Im sure Gazza does raise a valid point but im sure even he could climb a set of stairs, hes not that old yet, I am pretty sure with a BRCA event there should be disabled access but as you say James, not sure how that would apply to an affiliated club, I know one lad has been racing at the 12th natinals and has been racing from the side of the rostrum at ground level, very hard to race like that and my hat off to this guy who still managed to complete 8 mins of racing, we have other things we need to worry about before even broaching this subject, I would like to see more info on here by now, im sure a lot of people are wondering whats happening and when its happening, including me, if we want all the members help with this we need to keep everyone up to date rather than hoping for the best, has Craig Nutting got internet access? if not maybe he could pass on his plans to someone who could post it up here for him, we are very quickly running out of time!!!