Important announcement

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
JamesG

Re: Important announcement

Post by JamesG »

I've had a quick look into this and I don't think disabled access has to be available right from the get go but it should be something to be thought about for the long term.

There only seems to be a couple of venues that offer ramps etc so if we did have a ramp up to the rostrum it would be quite a unique point to the club.
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

are you lot insane as of today there aint even any steps for able bodied people .....more help with impotant issues like laying the sleepers before saturday ..... would be good ...im sure there wont be an influx of disabled :shock: people this year
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Darren Lee

Post by DazLee »

Haha.......well said Justin!

Although, to be fair.......we dont have anywhere for the steps to lead up to yet anyway!!!!
We would all be like Lemmings........walk to the top and just fall back to the ground.........Oh No!!!!!.

On the stairs thing......Again, I have been hiding from the boss and trying to draw / price something up.
We are looking at a 11 tread staircase running at 45deg up to the back of the rostrum (200mm rise 200mm depth) The frame / sides be manufactured from galvanised steel (3mm thick) and strengthened with 40 x 40 box section.
The staircase will be 950mm in width.

The treads will be manufactured from 3mm galvanised steel and folded front and back (Front Down) (Back up) for strength and to stop your feet slipping through the back.
These treads will be covered with a hard wearing anti-slip grit type covering to prevent people from slipping......we have used this stuff before and it is very good.

Finally there will be a handrail running up each side at a height of approx 1000mm.

The cost of all this......including fixings and fitting is between £300-£350.

I was asked to look at making a double width staircase, split down the middle to create and on and an off stairway.........this can be done for about 60% more (£500-£550 approx) as it can be incorporated into the first one..........meaning you dont need double the material. This can of course be added at a later date in the same manner.

Of course, this is all irrelevant unless we get a container and a track, and some more people to help!!!!
(Im sure once its done there will be no shortage of people wanting to use the facility!!!!!!!!)

6 people were there last night.........5 of which are racers, 4 of which have no intention of doing any buggying this season!

Please remember guys.......its for the good of the CLUB that we get this done as soon as possible and make a good job of it......not just for the good of the BUGGY drivers!!!!

Thanks
Daz
Martyn
Name: Martyn Ross
Car: XRAY T4 14

Post by Martyn »

I'm up for some graft, but would be nice to see a plan of action?

Also some dates/times for work parties?

People can't help if they don't know whats going on :shock:

Martyn
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

Is there something going on every night at the rugby club? When I was there last friday it was said there would be information posted up here as to when the next work party would be.

I don't mind helping out but I'm too busy to come down on the off chance that something might be happening.
craig nutting
Average Member
Average Member
Name: crag nutting
Car: cat k1

Post by craig nutting »

just so every knows whats going on, the ground work is all done and its now ready for the container this is coming tuesday with a set of steps. id like to give a big thank you to the guys who help out with all that has been done so far we all o you one. when the container is in place we will need a hand from as many people as poss to get the jumps, hose etc down to the new site. im hoping this can be done on saturday the 7th then this would mean we should be able to race the following week as soon as things are sort i will let every 1 so keep an eye on the site thank you
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

i will try to get down with my big van mate.....ill get all the ramps on my back and run down there with them lol :oops:
Ben Cosgrove
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Ben Cosgrove »

hi guys

sorry for lack of posting been off work on holiday duties :)

container will be on site Tuesday 3rd May with a set of steps inside, ready to be put outside when the rostrum is built

The Saturday 7th looks like the best day for everyone to get together to move the container contents form school to rugby club.

I believe Daz is sorting the rostrum once the container arrives.

Great job so far guys keep it up :)

Ben
HPI/Hot Bodies/Maverick/Merlin/Optifuel/GM/Muchmore UK/CustomBlitz/Hudy
JezT
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Jez Thorpe

Post by JezT »

What time on the 7th?
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by DazLee »

Hi All,

I am planning to go down tuesday when the container has arrived.

Before i can finalise plans for the rostrum I need to look at the stairs....and how they fit to the container. I can then ensure the handrail / kick boards fit around it sufficiently.

Can someone with a key to the container please be there tuesday? Or, arrange for a key to be there??? Also, any help to get the stairs temporarily out of the container and into position for me to take measurements would be good.

Do I have the go ahead once I have finalised details / measurements to order the relevant materials??

As these are being ordered through the company (On account)......I dont need the money / cheque straight away but the sooner the better.
I will keep details of costs....running amount etc.... and refund any left over money back to the club.
I know it souds as though I am being paranoid but I would feel lots better about proceeding with what could be close to £1000 worth of work if I had the money or some money beforehand.

Thanks
Daz
Gazza
Forum Fisherman
Name: GAZZA
Car: Mardave V12

Post by Gazza »

Any way here is a "for example case "

Hi Guys

Right Please don't take this the wrong way its just some thing to give you an insight on what Disabled people have to go through and if you could see it through our eyes

Right you all possible know I was in a real bad car crash young guy hit me at 65 to 70MPH while I was stationary
any way long story short my back has shot it I need to take my time or I will be in a wheel chair its that simple . .
Hence I don't do a lot of stuff and you always see me sitting down while your track building and some times I don't Marshall only because my back is playing up OK

JamesG wrote:Gazza has raised a valid point with regard to disabled access. I know the equality act prevents disabled people being put at a disadvantage but I'm not sure how it applies to private clubs.

I can have a look into it unless someone knows.
How it applies to private clubs ?

Discrimination and reasonable adjustments
Under the Equality Act 2010 it is unlawful for service providers to treat disabled people less favourably because they are disabled.

More info here

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeo ... DG_4018353

I'm not into off road as most of you know its Just an option I think OUR club could have as its at the planning stage then now's the time to act so to say

if not then lets say you have built a rostrum and you now have no way of getting up there ?

So you put in stairs for your self's that's nice. . so you have put stairs in for you self but that does not help disabled people

So lets play fair then now. . . How about a rope so its the same for every one . .. ( think about it )

But for an extra fee Daz Lee can get some stairs built . .

"The cost of all this......including fixings and fitting is between £300-£350". :doh

So you have provided help for you selfs but now left out the Disabled person . . . This is now classed as discrimination :lol:

No of course you want stairs cause its easy well that's fine so now consider a mud bank say next to the rostrum if that helps

May I just bring to your attention that when we race indoors there was a rule that the fire exit doors are to be kept shut and not to be used yes . . . .

Well for me and My bad back its real hard to get up them stairs some times so if you see me going out the Fire exit to get my Pills from the car please don't slam shut the door cause your cold I'm not doing it on purpose I'm doing it because

I AM DISABLED

Well do you remember the young lad who came in a wheel chair

Yo do

Great now tell me how he can get out with this rule in place ?

I don't know him personally but is this why he does not come any more just a thought :hmm

Also the tables at the top end run at 90degree from the wall and go right to the edge of the carpet again any wheel bound driver is now stuck in the corner :shock:

How about putting the tables parallel would this be better :study

But he now races at Ardent a lot along with another wheel chair bound driver

My next point I would just like to say is when we have Bad weather like the snow and we had to use the top Car Park . .

Now hands up those that Parked in the Disabled bays . ..

I know for a fact I could not and had to park way up the top end so on one occasion I went back home

So please consider us disabled people with access to the toilets as well

Gazza
craig nutting
Average Member
Average Member
Name: crag nutting
Car: cat k1

Post by craig nutting »

gaz there is not going to be a ramp or lift put in if you would like to donate the £10,000+ so we can put in a lift then we will put one in. i have not been to any other club that has these things. even ardents is not a the same hight as the rest of the rostrem if you or any1 else needs helpon on to the rostrem im shore that every1 at the club would be happy to help in any way we could.
Webmaster
The website guy
Name: Ben McQueen
Car: Xray T2 09

Post by Webmaster »

Avoid that kind of language here even if you are joking. It's not constructive at all.

Let's keep on topic anyway here guys. We need to do things one thing at a time. Like actually get set up at the new venue if you guys plan to race there for this summer series.
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by DazLee »

Right, lets get sensible.....a lift is out of the question due to cost and lack of power.
I don't see a problem with a ramp in the future....but lets get the new venue useable first???
Just out of interest gaz .....and this is a serious question....would a ramp make things any easier for you?? I know about your back from the chats we've had and just wondered? ??
Thanks
Daz
Gazza
Forum Fisherman
Name: GAZZA
Car: Mardave V12

Post by Gazza »

Gazza wrote:Any way here is a "for example case "
An example :roll:

Like I said im not into buggys but for those that are while you are geting it ready take it into account thats all

But yes daz a ramp would deffo be nice for a few of us