Important announcement

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:49 pm
Name: Darren Lee

Re: Important announcement

Post by DazLee »

Hi all again,

Update: Funding has now been arranged....I am getting underway with the rostrum as I type this and will get it all in place as quickly as I possibly can.

My aim is to have it all in place and useable for the first buggy meeting on the 14th!!!

Wish me luck...

Daz

User avatar
Gazza
Forum Fisherman
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 6:21 pm
Name: GAZZA
Car: Mardave V12
Location: Leicester
Contact:

Re: Important announcement

Post by Gazza »

DazLee wrote:An earth mound is out of the question!
Current legislation states that hand rails would be required on either side of the mound of earth. (See, we can all be silly and go 'by the book')

So At Jcc where you race the bank of earth that is some 20feet higher is ok then ?Image
Image

Ok fair enough

And, im pretty sure the rugby club would not be too keen on the idea of a mound of earth being dug up!
oh ok so you have asked them then
If we are going to do something with my involvement we are going to do it properly.

Cant blame you for that Daz
Now, before you go jumping down my throat and accusing me of saying catering for the disabled has been dismissed as being silly........thats not what I am saying!

No never Daz

As/when the rostrum is useable I will look into modifications / adapting it to fit a ramp......it will not be too expensive and shouldn't be too hard to sort out.

Well done Daz

I havent jumped in and said this before becasue most of the posts (Abseiling pic...for example) are just being silly and winding people up....and not constructive in any way. And probably make people less likely to take the disabled request seriously!

Again you missed the point the point was. . .
" if you cant get up to the rostrum so you build stairs. . I cant get up the rostrum so i build a ramp "
and the Abseiling pic puts us both in the same boat
:doh


Congrats Gaz on turning people against your own cause because they think you are just **** stirring!!!
I will however look into it once we have a useable facility.

Congrats to me for pointing things out and as said from the word go . . .
"An Example "

this is considered ****sttiring how :hmm



Anyway, James, I will be there from about 6.00pm onwards until I have what I need. Craig nutting is meeting me there but feel free to pop in when you can.

James, can I ask where the 50m dimension came in for the ramp? This would give an incline angle of 2.7deg......this seems awfully shallow to me.

By shortening this to 10m you only have an incline angle of 13.5degs............and members could help by wheeling people up in wheelchairs?

If we put a platform like Ardent have at say 1.5m high then you could easily fit a ramp with an incline of less than 20deg in the length of the container.......with a flat platform of about 8ft in length???

Thanks
Daz

DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:49 pm
Name: Darren Lee

Re: Important announcement

Post by DazLee »

So At Jcc where you race the bank of earth that is some 20feet higher is ok then ?

Lets do this your way then Gaz. I dont like, have never liked and never will like the earth mound at JCC....I fell once and it hurt!!!!.
In fact I think if you look really really carefully......you will see a staircase leading to the rostrum!!!!!! One which I believe should have a handrail. And, you will find if you asked the committee I suggested that it should have one fitted. Also suggesting that the rostrum at JCC should also have a handrail. I am a H&S guy at work after all..!!!!

And, im pretty sure the rugby club would not be too keen on the idea of a mound of earth being dug up!
oh ok so you have asked them then


If you have been down and looked at the site, or bothered to take an interest you would see that there is a road only 8ft behind the container. I know without asking that we are not going to be able to dig up the road.......because......where would all the cars go???
This would leave you a slope of 8ft rise x 8ft length......45 degs. Good luck getting up that!!!!!

Again you missed the point the point was. . .
" if you cant get up to the rostrum so you build stairs. . I cant get up the rostrum so i build a ramp "
and the Abseiling pic puts us both in the same boat


I havent missed any point Gaz. I got the point from the first post you made and agree we should look into it and have said I will do.........but then pushing it, posting silly pics, making silly accusations about discrimination when you have made no effort to even come down to the site...not even to the meeting......have never (at JCC) and are not likely to ever race buggies I think you are just causing trouble.

Congrats to me for pointing things out and as said from the word go . .

It was and is a valid point.......and has been from the word go. But, the way you have gone about it......and I know this for a fact.....has wound a lot of people up. People that originally were in agreement with you and your cause. By winding people up you are only going to turn people aginst the cause. Thats why I was congratulating you....not for raising a point!!!!
In fact, if any people that were figthing for the same facilities as you were to read through this post, I would think they would agree with me. There is a right way to do things and a wrong way........and you got it SO wrong!!!!

Finally, To anyone that wants to read this (Members, non members, able bodied, disabled, elderly, youngsters, women, and anyone else I have not mentioned....to which I apologise).
The main priority at this point in time unfortunately for some is to get a facility that is useable to the majority (99%) of our club members by next weekend (First outdoor meeting of the season). If we dont have a useable facility, we dont have race meetings, if we dont have race meetings we dont make any money, if we dont make any money we fold and its game over for everyone!!!!!

I will give my own word and assurance that disabled access to the toilets, rostrum, and anywhere alse that may be required WILL be looked into as soon as the club is up and running.

Thanks
Daz

User avatar
Gazza
Forum Fisherman
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 6:21 pm
Name: GAZZA
Car: Mardave V12
Location: Leicester
Contact:

Re: Important announcement

Post by Gazza »

DazLee wrote: I havent missed any point Gaz. I got the point from the first post you made and agree we should look into it and have said I will do.........but then pushing it, posting silly pics, making silly accusations about discrimination when you have made no effort to even come down to the site...not even to the meeting......have never (at JCC) and are not likely to ever race buggies I think you are just causing trouble.
Daz

Never said you did DAZ why do you think that ?

But some others did not get the point hence my reply's to there posts and if it was thought of even more carefully than say 2 weeks you would have probally thought of dismissing the stairs and. . .

doing a ramp to which all could use so the cost would be even cheaper :n1

Now theres an idea :hmm

I have made no silly accusations about discrimination at all

Not been to meeting because

1 It was posted by Ben about 2 days before

2 it was same night as Ardents race night on a Tuesday :n1

3 I have been to to 1 buggy meeting at Jcc and found it very difficult on the climb down hence I have not been since and possable thats why I questioned this topic ok I dont race buggys I love on road but as a member of our club and as its summer. . . dabbling in off road is another adventure but I wont take it seriously because I have only done 1 meeting and I could not get to the rostrum and back again because it did not cater for disabled people LOL where back to that again


And as for causing trouble. .. why would you say that . . .As I said from the word go an example thats all :n1
and to try and include help for disabled people now why on earth is that causing trouble as of like most posts I have answered back to the items placed on here and

I even e-mailed our chairman to say is this ok to post as you know how people take it the wrong way and he said yes :n1

So where is it causing trouble to ask questions and have a great debate only to be put down and called a trouble maker

Right just for that im coming to the first meeting and its your turn to buy me a coffee LOL

DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:49 pm
Name: Darren Lee

Re: Important announcement

Post by DazLee »

We could not possibly think about it any earlier as the container position was only finalised Monday.....and the container delivered Tuesday.
Again, you would know this had you been involved???

Before even considering a ramp of any kind we need approval / agreement from the rugby club as they plan to use the area around our track in the winter for scrummage machines and training.
And, this is a job for a committee member......not some mug that volunteered to help.!!!

I will not be at the first meeting as I will be at West London for the BRCA TC National.
And, to be honest I dont see me being there very often at all throughout the whole summer.

I am doing what I am doing to help out the club I have been a member of since it first began 20 years ago.........a club that was originally started by a young disabled man that couldnt race at the club the rest of us raced at because of access up the stairs in his heavy electric wheel chair........(James Hall.....Barwell Liberal Club).
Bet you didnt know that did you!!!!

Now, As I have said, I will look into the disabled access thing as/when the club is 'open for business' as it means a lot to me to keep the club true to its roots, true to the reason it started in the first place and it means a lot to me to enable disabled racers to enjoy the sport the rest of us enjoy!!

Unfortunately I think there are only about 4 current members that remember how it all started............AND YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO BE PATIENT.!!! And stop winding people up.......because I am on your side to a certain degree and I have about had enough of it all.!!!!!!

Anyway, I am done on the forum now........more important things to do than argue with a brick wall

Daz

User avatar
Wacker2
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:10 pm
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22
Location: Earl Shilton

Re: Important announcement

Post by Wacker2 »

I've had to keep biting my tongue whilst reading through this as I believe we've gone way off topic. Plus, people know how opinionated I get and did not want to start any arguments and have any unnecessary fallings out!

I agree with everything that Daz has said and appreciate all the work he's putting in for his club... especially as he's concentrating on Touring this year and so unfortunately will probably not be joining us through the summer (not unless they find a way of mounting Schumacher mini spikes on touring car wheels! :shock: )

We all understand where you're coming from Gazza but this is really not the time nor the place to be having this 'debate'... this is a crucial time for the club - as Daz rightly pointed out there will be no club unless it makes money, and we cannot make money unless we have a working venue for the majority of drivers.

People have confirmed that they will look into this 'ramp' access in the future and I don't believe for one second that this will be forgotten about. All we ask is that you bear with and let us concentrate on the task ahead of getting the HRCCC buggy season up and running.

I personal would be very grateful Gazza if you would stop posting any further messages continuing this 'debate' as we need to get back to the original topic of pulling together as a club to make this work for 2011.

If anybody (Gazza) has any problem with any comments that are made on here by any individuals, I think its best that the Personal Message facility be utilized and keep this topic as it was intended... in a POSITIVE way!!!

Many thanks, Jon! :D

User avatar
Gazza
Forum Fisherman
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 6:21 pm
Name: GAZZA
Car: Mardave V12
Location: Leicester
Contact:

Re: Important announcement

Post by Gazza »

Quote Daz

And stop winding people up.......because I am on your side to a certain degree and I have about had enough of it all.!!!!!!


Again with the attitude . . . why do you think I’m winding people up?
Stop saying this Daz my questions have all been valid. . . as always

Anyway, I am done on the forum now........more important things to do than argue with a brick wall

You mean an old man who has an opinion but if you are talking to walls see a Dr LOL

Quote JB

I've had to keep biting my tongue whilst reading through this as I believe we've gone way off topic. Plus, people know how opinionated I get and did not want to start any arguments and have any unnecessary fallings out!

Why fall out over a debate John you posted. . I corrected your post job done no falling out is necessary

So we have all had a say and we now all know what’s what so onwards and upwards Guys with a new venture

Positive thought . . . Will the rostrum have a roof or will it be an open air one ?

User avatar
Wacker2
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:10 pm
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22
Location: Earl Shilton

Re: Important announcement

Post by Wacker2 »

Gazza I've PM'd you... THIS NEEDS TO STOP

JB

Martyn
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:53 pm
Name: Martyn Ross
Car: XRAY T4 14

Re: Important announcement

Post by Martyn »

So back to the topic of actually getting the new venue ready to race....

What time is the work party starting on Saturday?

Do i need to bring a spade or some weed and feed?

Ben mentioned the track will be like racing on the moon, so how are going going flatten the surface. Or is Justin going to sort with his "big size 9's!" :lol:

An update would be appreciated as i'm in Leicester this weekend and would like to help out Saturday.

Cheers, Martyn

User avatar
Wacker2
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:10 pm
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22
Location: Earl Shilton

Re: Important announcement

Post by Wacker2 »

Martyn wrote:So back to the topic of actually getting the new venue ready to race....

What time is the work party starting on Saturday?

Do i need to bring a spade or some weed and feed?

Ben mentioned the track will be like racing on the moon, so how are going going flatten the surface. Or is Justin going to sort with his "big size 9's!" :lol:

An update would be appreciated as i'm in Leicester this weekend and would like to help out Saturday.

Cheers, Martyn
Martyn raises a good point... I'm sure many have your average gardening tools tooked away in their sheds and assume they would be more than happy to bring them along with them on Saturday to help out with the ground work. Unfortunately I shall be coming down on my bike so wont be able to bring any tools with me.

Would be great to know what time people are intending to start getting there... the earlier the better so that we can make the most of the day.

Whether looks great... slightly cloudy but atleast it'll be dry! temperature looks reasonable too so maybe a good idea for somebody to bring some back up sun cream just in case.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/day ... kley&day=2

Gonna be a fun day of grafting... looking forward to seeing you all then.

Thanks, JB!

User avatar
craig nutting
Average Member
Average Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:06 pm
Name: crag nutting
Car: cat k1

Re: Important announcement

Post by craig nutting »

there will be a work party this satday at 10am can we all meet at jcc and we will have a quick chat and go from there. can you please spread the word to every one as the more people we have the beta and easyer its going to be i like at least 15 people but the more the beta. all we are doing is moveing the jumps and hose etc down to the rugby club. the club has cut the grass now so its almost ready to race on i just need to cut it a little more. its alot beta than people say it is and its a massive step forward for the club, thank you all and i hope to see you satday.

Martyn
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:53 pm
Name: Martyn Ross
Car: XRAY T4 14

Re: Important announcement

Post by Martyn »

Thanks for the update Craig.

See you all Saturday.

DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:49 pm
Name: Darren Lee

Re: Important announcement

Post by DazLee »

Hi all,

I will be arriving with some skilled help to start the rostrum at about 7.30am armed with everything I need to do the rostrum so should be well underway by the time I see you all.

I have tried to call Craig several times to get the key for the container so I can deliver the materials this evening ready for a prompt start tomorrow morning..........but no answer!!!
Does anyone have a spare key?

Thanks
Daz

User avatar
Gazza
Forum Fisherman
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 6:21 pm
Name: GAZZA
Car: Mardave V12
Location: Leicester
Contact:

Re: Important announcement

Post by Gazza »

Does the rugby club have one of them big rollers. . . that might help flaten out some lumps :D

User avatar
craig nutting
Average Member
Average Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:06 pm
Name: crag nutting
Car: cat k1

Re: Important announcement

Post by craig nutting »

thanks to all that help with move today everything is now at the new site and we will be ready to race next satday. and id like to give a massive thank you to daz and his mate for the rostrem its a top job. gazza can you please stop posting on the site you are just stering things up and winding people up, you dont race buggys you havnt been down to the site and all you do is moan about everything any one says or does i want this to end now.

Post Reply