HRCCC Team Race??

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.

Would you be interested in team race at HRCCC?

Yes
86%
No
7%
May be
7%

Total votes: 14

stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Re: HRCCC Team Race??

Post by stox217 »

How about a mardave? just an idea :)
IBEXMotorsport
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Rich Pacey
Car: Schu Mi5 / Supastox

Post by IBEXMotorsport »

I think a 12hr Endurance event with a single car per team is an excelent idea, I have done this before with Mardave, but Ansmann may be the way to go if the kits / costs come cheaper.

I would be intertested in participating given a sensible set of rules / costs being sensible.

from experience, NIMH cells wont be much cop afterwards, especially if you limit the number of packs. That said, if you go with the ebay items for £11 and max 3sets, you can lob em afterwards anyway.

Maybe its about time i had a trundle down to the club and had a chat with a few folks about this type of event. :arrow:
Rich Pacey
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Hi Rich,

Would be good to see you back racing mate, although I know you are a busy guy.

Nick - Mardave might not be right for this but who is to say we dont organise a mardave endurance event. Something for you to think about maybe?

Building the car not sure to be honest, I like the idea of racing and the overnight thing was to mimic the le Mans format. Maybe to start at 8pm and run though to midday Sunday so people could go home and catch up on beauty sleap befoe Monday!!! lol Happy to just be a sunday event though.

I priced this all up before with the complete maverick kit from HPI and they were prepared to do a deal including radio gear etc also. They would also be able to supply replacement bits like motors etc if they ran too hot etc. Remember this is a strategy race also, so running longer may also have its price so teams would need to review this constantly!

Charity is easy. College are cheaper and each member would pay say £15 to race. This would cover racing/car/equipment and give a little left over. Then you must raise £250 min as a team to compete! This was £2,500 to charity and what a brilliant achievement!

You could all suggest your prefered charity and the winning teams could result in their getting more cash etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like celeb who wants to be a millionnaire! lol

Dale
tomjgardner
Average Member
Average Member

Post by tomjgardner »

I think now that it is clear that there is some interest in the team/ endurance race we need to get an idea of how many people would like to take part. Myself, James Carroll, Ian Smith are going to take a look at organising the event, so please let one of us know via the forum or at racing if you would like to take part. The current thinking is to have 10 teams of 6 so there is plenty of space and we are looking at using a RTR car for each team (minus radio gear) so you don't need to be a regular tc driver to take part.

I will put something together re a format for the race this week and bring it along to racing on Saturday so that people who don’t come on the forum can have a look.
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Great work Tom. I would also be willing to assist with this and will be more than happy to work with manufacturers and other clubs etc to book teams in.

I would make sure the HRCCC guys get their names down early as this will be a sell out!!!! :D

Being a freemason charity is very much apart of my life on a regular basis and I have charities I would like us to support, but I would want a selection of them so we could help as many people as possible.

Regards Dale Knight - Chairman :D
tomjgardner
Average Member
Average Member

Post by tomjgardner »

James, Ian, Dale,

You have a pm with some thoughts on event format etc.
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Post by Hail Ming »

Evening Tom (et al),

Looks good - I've responded.

Cheers

James
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC
tomjgardner
Average Member
Average Member

Post by tomjgardner »

From the response to the poll we have enough for two teams from HRCCC so far, Once we have an idea of a date I think we will look for people to put their names down so we can make sure interested parties get a place. I plan to put the event details up on the website and circulate them at racing when ready.
IBEXMotorsport
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Rich Pacey
Car: Schu Mi5 / Supastox

Post by IBEXMotorsport »

Just a quick thought..

Maybe 2 events should be planned, as i know some people would not be interetsed in "randomly picked" teams.

The first event could be "Randomly allocated" team members from a raffle / drawn from a hat, but the second event would then be "Professional" teams ie. People put their own teams together choosing whoever they saw fit to try and win..

Maybe im taking this too seriously?...

Rich
Rich Pacey