Potential new member

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
paulF
Name: Paul

Potential new member

Post by paulF »

Hi everyone.

I've just finished setting up my RC car. Mi4 with 13.5T motor. I've been looking into a few clubs but yours seems good. Im keen to race indoors in the winter due to the weather. (i'm not up for the rain) I also have my eye on a new Cougar SV so you racing buggies in the summer would be great.

My question is can you tell me a bit more about the club. What is the best way to get racing? Can you give me an idea of times and classes raced? also if anyone can tell me what tires and gearing I should use indoor?

With the buggies what motors specs do you commonly race?
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Re: Potential new member

Post by stox217 »

Hi and welcome
We race saturdays indoors normaly start at 1pm and finish around 6pm Doors open at 11:30am
You need to bring a table + extension lead.
Racing its normaly 3 rounds of Qualifying and 2 rounds of final.
Classes are as followed
Mardave (Silvercan 4cell + Lipo 13.5)
Touring 13.5
Touring 10.5
1/12th scale 10.5
F1 (Open)
RTR class (Silvercan)

With buggies its mainley 6.5/7.5 motors or 10x2 in brushed terms
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

The gear ratio depends on which motor and speed controller you are running, there is usually at least a couple of schumacher team drivers on a saturday and numerous others with the Mi4 that will be able to help.

I prefer Sorex 28 tyres but some are using the muchmore sweeps, both of these are available from the club at a very good price.

I don't personally race 2wd buggies but as far as I know 8.5/7.5 would be a good place to start.
paulF
Name: Paul

Post by paulF »

hi

sorry been tied up with work so haven't managed to post a responce.

Many thanks for your advice. All really helpful. I'll be coming down the club soon then. 13.5t all ready to go.

I'm really interested in the 2wd buggies though and when you will start outside? Can you tell me when?